[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has he said anything about Discord?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Stalled Man.jpg (3MB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
Stalled Man.jpg
3MB, 3504x2336px
Has he said anything about Discord?
>>
Does he need to? Discord uses closed servers to provide monitored chat rooms to groups of players. It runs better than skype, and for the moment has no ads, but it's not any more free.
>>
>>62010341
Discord is pro censorship closed botnet
>>
>>62010392
$.11 has been deposited into your account Chang Wong
>>
>>62010341
I'd just like to interject for a moment. You appear to be using an element from this image in your post: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Richard_Stallman_by_Anders_Brenna_01.jpg
You may have done this accidentally, but you've violated the terms of its copyright license. This is a serious offense and I hope you take it as seriously as it deserves.
Not to say that you're not allowed to create derived works from this image, you are, but this picture is released under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Norway license. Therefor, you are free:

to share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work;
to remix - to adapt the work;

Under the following condition:

attribution - You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

In this case, the attribution requirement is resolved simply by including the following in your post:

Anders Brenna [CC BY 3.0 no (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/no/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons

Now that you have read this, I hope you have a better understanding of your rights and obligations when remixing and sharing this work. They will let you edit, now be nice and credit~
>>
>>62010414
Do you understand what that means or are you just copying what someone said in a different thread?
>>
>>62010341
He hasn't said anything about Discord in particular that I know of, but he has said plenty about so-called 'software as a service' products, such as Discord, which he refers to as 'service as a software substitute'.

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html
>>
>>62010473
I like this post.
>>
>>62010473

thanks man, keep fighting the good fight. 4chan should punish people who violate our freedoms
>>
>>62010473
good post
>>
I God damn fucking hate discord.
I don't even understand how such a shitty piece of Spyware managed to spread.
>>
>>62013791
>I don't even understand how such a shitty piece of Spyware managed to spread
When the alternatives are Skype and Teamspeak, you shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>62010341
If he did, it would sound something like "YOOsing DIS---cord makes the GNU plus LEEnucks user LESS--free"
>>
>>62010341
Who care. Richard Stalman is stupid fuck. linux is shit
>>
>>62010341
He said it's as shit as anime or your entire life, OP.
>>
>>62013791
Its a combine version of the fluidity of IRC and the ease of any voice chat services.
I used to create a lobby bot channel services for Warcraft 3 game with IRC, but now discord can do the same for most Source games and it also got wide support for modern API.

But hey let's mad at new technology when the old alternative barely progress anymore, right?
>>
>>62013854
>When the alternatives are Skype and Teamspeak
>there are only three instant messengers out there
>>
File: 1489346460747.jpg (183KB, 880x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489346460747.jpg
183KB, 880x600px
>>62010473
Terry Davis photos are public domain; interject this you homosexual.
>>
Yeah that you have to go back
>>>/v/
>>
>>62010672
another $.11 has been deposited into your account, Chang Wong
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.