[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is been going on long enough that I have to ask - why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1392297193790.gif (401KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1392297193790.gif
401KB, 500x270px
This is been going on long enough that I have to ask - why is it that programmers and web developers don't know shit about how computer hardware actually works or how best to use its capabilities in their code?

I'm coming up on the end of my first year working as a lowly support engineer - I'm NOT as smart as these developers are, and I never will be, so I'm not saying this as some kind of superiority trip or anything - but holy shit these people have no idea how to build a computer that will run their code optimally (we REALLY need to figure out a way to sell our software as a turnkey appliance IMHO and no one seems to want to do it because they don't know how).

I have nothing more than personal experience from gayming and CompTIA A+, and I could configure and build hardware that will run their code better than any of them...

TL/DR, why the FUCK do software developers not understand how to build computers well?
>>
>>62008804
They barely now math and you expect them to know hardware. Today they don't optimize for shit, if the program can't run it's the computer's fault for not being powerful enough.
>>
>>62008863
the thing is that without going too deep into what it is my company does, we NEED to be able to sell a highly-optimized appliance for some of our bigger customers. Some of our customers are absolutely giant multinational corporations and since our software handles some of their most time-sensitive data that has a huge impact on their day-to-day operation, it's nuts that they basically have to guess on their own about what would make a good server to run our software on.

But more importantly than even that, to me, is just the question of why programmers don't know shit about hardware. It blows my mind.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.