[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transferring Windows to new PC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Windows-10-logo.jpg (42KB, 645x484px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-logo.jpg
42KB, 645x484px
I'm gonna build a new comp but I don't wanna pay for an OS.

My current, shitty, PC already has Windows 10 running, but because it came pre-installed in the machine when I bought it (Windows 7) apparently I'm not eligible to have it transferred, according to Microsoft's website.

What alternatives are there? How easy is it to pirate this shit? Will I get constant messages telling me the software isn't genuine, though?
>>
use the same key, you may need to call or activate manually, just lie and tell em the motherboard died. As long as its only activated on one machine, it'll be fine.
>>
>>62007659
Yeah, but if it detects new hardware, it'll prevent me from installing, won't it? Even if I call them they'll just tell me that because I'm installing it on a new comp I won't be able to.
>>
>>62007731
You can install without a key, then you have 3 days to activate. It will probably fail to activate automatically, there will be an option to activate manually. It'll display a number to call. A robot will answer and ask you how many machines you have the key installed on. Just say one, and start reading out numbers. It'll read out other numbers to you, activate and you're done.
>>
>>62007766
What happens if I don't activate it? Will Windows stop working?
>>
>>62007634
Just activate it with kmspico or microsoft toolkit.
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/kms-tools.51/

You'll need an account.
>>
>>62007920
The background will turn black, there'll be text in the bottom right that says its not activated. You might get nagging pop up messages and eventually it will force a restart every couple of hours.
>>
>>62007920
For Windows 10 at least, windows will keep working indefinitely but will have a watermark on the bottom right of the screen.
Just use an activator to activate windows, look on the my digital life forums for mstoolkit.
>>
>>62007950
Not OP but what are the implications of this versus buying an OEM key? I assume microshit will know i don't have a valid key given how invasive the OS is
>>
/g/ is not your personal tech support

>>>/g/sqt
>>
>>62008012
OP here. Wanna know this too.
>>
>>62008240
you have a key. it will work. stop being stupid.
>>
>>62008255
Yeah, I know, but I didn't buy Windows 10. I got it from the free upgrade and installed it onto my curent computer which is a typical prebuilt one. In these cases the license key is stuck to the machine and can't be transferred. Go search about it, it's everywhere. Hence me asking for alternatives.
>>
>>62008012
>>62008240
Microsoft doesn't care if you use an activator, windows defender will call it a virus, and that's it. Ive been using an activated version of windows 10 for over a year and no issues so far.
Microsoft still even lets you upgrade to windows 10 from an activated version of windows 7, they really don't care, mainly because they want everyone to be on windows 10 for data mining reasons.
>>
>>62008096
>/g/ is not your personal tech support
>Links to /g/
ironic
>>
no guarantee it will work for you op. but you can buy a really cheap used key from a key site (not naming any, find it yourself). For like 10 dollaroos. all you have to do is use the key and call microsoft, speak to a pajeet and claim this is a key you bought with a windows 10 disk and they will activate it on your machine.
>>
File: win10act.webm (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
win10act.webm
2MB, 1024x768px
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.