[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So programs run worse using object based programming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Performance.png (27KB, 753x364px) Image search: [Google]
Performance.png
27KB, 753x364px
So programs run worse using object based programming?
>>
This is common knowledge yes
>>
>>61999643
I've read this 3 times and I can't find a statement that match yours.
>>
>>61999678
the 2nd line and the last line
>>
>>61999673
rip my learn-nothing game making dreams
>>
>>61999714
That's not about object-based programming at all
>>
>>62002330
enlighten me
>>
>>62002443
What's there to enlighten you? It says Blueprints, which quite obviously, is not the same as object based programming.

This is most likely about unreal engine, where Blueprint is an interpreted scipting language which is obviously slower compared to compiled c++ (and you can do your c++ programming as object based as you want it to be)
>>
>>61999643
Blue prints are the drag and drop graph thing in unreal engine and other non linear editors. They have nothing to do with the concept of OOP.
>>
>>62002586
>Blueprint is an interpreted scipting language which is obviously slower compared to compiled c++

why is this the case
>>
>>61999643
Umm, they implied the opposite.
I don't know what "Blueprints" are in this context, but apparently it's a pretty costly abstraction.
>>
>>62002651
Because the compiler does all the shit the interpreter needs to do at runtime already at compiletime, so it's faster at runtime.
>>
>>61999643
usually objects have more crap inside of them than necessary
>>
>>62004264
Like, a bunch of pointers?
>>
>>62004504
just crap that could be handled outside

then moving that shit between catches and ram becomes extremely expensive
>>
>>61999643
Blueprints are some drag and drop shit in unreal engine. It has nothing to do with object oriented programming.
>>
>>62002651
A blueprint function is just a script to call a c++ function. Whenever you call a blueprint function, there is extra overhead compared to just calling the c++ function natively. So if you have a for loop from 1- 1000 that just increments an int Value, you are
>blueprint function calls the c++ function: integer++ and passes Value;
>c++ runs the function with Value
>c++ calls the blueprint script and gives the result of the function
>blueprints stores the new Value

Which is a lot more overhead than if Value were just a c++ variable
>>
>>61999643
Idk what Blueprints are here, but theyre probably some GUI coding which always sucks in performance. Also why bother when you could just write it in C++ in the first place?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.