[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to use a VPN to browse 4chan because this site is a fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: c6Qxr7tp_400x400.png (155KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
c6Qxr7tp_400x400.png
155KB, 400x400px
I want to use a VPN to browse 4chan because this site is a fucking huge botnet
What's the best that will not send my real IP to NSA?
I considered airvpn, blackvpn and mullvad
>>
>>61991119
None, they all sell your data.
Also, VPNs are mostly banned here so you will have to buy a pass and sponsor botnet.
>>
>>61991119
>blackvpn
Communist garbage
>>
>>61991134
>VPNs are mostly banned here

This gives me the shits.

>Start VPN
>Browsing from muh ISP protected link
>Open 4chan
>Close VPN so I can post
>>
>>61991119
Maybe you should also consider suicide.
>>
>>61991137
>Communist garbage
>10% of every VPN Privacy Package is donated directly to the Electronic Frontier Foundation
Shit, you're right.
>>
CyberGhost is pretty good and is fairly decent at stopping itself from being detected.
>>
>>61991134
>>61991157
I don't want to post here I just want to browse here
>>
>>61991199
Nice try FBI
>>
>>61991220
Just use TOR then, do not sponsor Jews marking up bandwidth.
>>
>>61991119
99% of airvpn IPS are banned on 4chan, mullvad 100%, dunno about blackvpn

basically if its a popular VPN, all of its IP will be banned, even the obscure VPN im using now only has a couple servers still operable for 4chan
>>
File: trustworthy_dude.gif (1013KB, 200x191px) Image search: [Google]
trustworthy_dude.gif
1013KB, 200x191px
>>61991119
>What's the best that will not send my real IP to NSA?
"Trust me dude, I won't share your data with the NSA. I promise."
>>
>>61991242
>Use Pedo nodes monitored by US 24/7
no thanks
>>
>>61991119
search around for a service that uses openvpn raw.

If they have a client or anything like that, they are selling your data or are a honey pot.
>>
>>61991395
What stops them from selling data with a raw OpenVPN distribution?
>>
>>61991395
99% of providers offer openvpn raw
what about ipredator?
>>
>>61991119
>blackvpn
>implying i would trust anything to blacks
>>
>>61991569
fuck niggers am i right fellow the_do-- i mean /pol/lack?
>>
File: 1496181023523.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496181023523.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>61991487
HideMyAss doesn't, TorGuard, Private Internet Access, and a few others that a supposedly privacy centric i.e. allow you to pay in btc or gift cards, or at least they didn't last time I looked.

I honestly am not up to date in recent ones, but a few years ago when I started looking into building a VPN network with some VPS's, there were only 2-3 reputable providers who offered a raw OpenVPN connection.

>>61991440
While obviously there is an element of trust, i.e. they could sniff the virtual network device that you are connected to.

The likely hood that they are sniffing all your traffic is fairly unlikely.

Having worked in some larger data centers and even hosting companies that are more liable for you doing stuff like posting illegal stuff on their servers, phishing sites, scams etc... I can tell you logging all of someone traffic really is not in their interest, and Governments rather write threats, claim to have subpoenas they don't have, or just kick in your door.

However, if they have you downloading some closed source garbage app onto your desktop to connect to their service, 99% of the time you just joined a bot net chain, however they are still most likely not selling your data.
>>
>>61991947
they can sniff any traffic no matter if you use raw vpn or not
>>
>>61991947
I would like to add the data that they could sell would be relatively worthless.

There are a lot better sources of data for advertisers, or even Government if they actually bought data instead of demanding it.

Most data sales are valuable because it includes stuff like region, age, sex, along with data you post on their service.

Most data a VPN is going to have is probably already going to be a lot of HTTPS garbage data.

While other data venders can provide shit like your frequently posted / used terms, to better target marketing, or even people for phishing scams or other black hat shit you'd need social engineering info for. A VPN might have your real name and region ( depending on how you paid ) and thats about it.
>>
>>61991966
Did you read anything I wrote?

This is a literal quote from me
>While obviously there is an element of trust, i.e. they could sniff the virtual network device that you are connected to.

It is extremely easy to sniff traffic over a router. The skill level needed for it is like, very very basic.

The point of the post was to illustrate that its easier to trust a service giving you raw VPN files because at least they are not trying to instal blob/closed source botnet apps on your system.
>>
>>61992049
they don't even have to sniff virtual network device, why are you overcomplicating things?
>>
perfect-privacy.com
or
airvpn.org

And buy a pass
>>
>>61992102
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>61991119
which one are you using now? might as well keep using it, because if it doesn't work then it's too late anyway.
>>
>>61992071
How would they get your data if they don't sniff the connection?

You sound like a retard.
>>
>>61992147
server-side, duh

>You sound like a retard.
now you do
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.