[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future of Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: penguins.jpg (106KB, 956x500px) Image search: [Google]
penguins.jpg
106KB, 956x500px
Is an asspull of Microsoft or Apple that outrages their users the only way Linux will gain popularity?

I can imagine a year where normal consumers will recognize how much Windows mistreats them and everyone who can't afford a mac will install Linux on their machines.
In my imagination the year of the Linux desktop will be triggered by Microsoft or Apple.
>>
Normal consumers will give up desktop computers overall and use Android or iOS.
>>
>>61989946
>year of the Linux desktop
The only thing this will cause is change. Change is bad. Microsoft can keep their desktop market.
>>
>>61989975
This right here. It's really only a waiting game.
>>
>>61989975
>>61990452
>>61989946
People might use older OSs like Windows 7.
>>
>>61990478
For sure, but people do that shit today. There are still win xp installs out there in the world.
>>
>>61989946
We are in the position to give a dull desktop replacement for work but in reality nobody is offering. I mean not only a distro, but the right tools. Right until weeks ago nobody was offering WPS Office to replace MS Office and nobody though on doing so, while stuff like WPS are gamechangers.

>>61989975
Something like that could happen, if it not were the other way around what really happens. People want computers WITH touchscreens, and I mean full computers. The mobile market can only provide so much, but not everything.
>>
>>61989946
Honestly the only reason desktop Linux isn't shit is because only developers and sysadmins use it.

The "year of the Linux desktop" will be the year corporations rape everything systemd-style.
>>
>>61992607
>The "year of the Linux desktop" will be the year corporations rape everything systemd-style.
;_;
>>
After the Win10 replacement is announced (2019) and before the end of its support (2025), Microsoft will announce a Windows flavored Linux distro.
>>
File: Windows-10-GodMode.png (557KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-GodMode.png
557KB, 600x315px
>>61989946
lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that the linux does not have. You have those two buttons in the linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os
>>
>>61992743
> On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up.
What the fuck are you talking about?
> [Windows is] professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface.
I actually laughed. Even Windows fanboys acknowledge that it's the slowest option.
> Linux is free because its not worth a penny.
The day you can do even the simplest IT operations in Windows (e.g. recursively search a directory for any email addresses and write them to a text file) without having an aneurysm is the day I eat my shoe.

It's pretty clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>61992893
Fucking newfags get out
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.