[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok guys im considering buying this bad boy, it seems like the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: LG G4.jpg (125KB, 522x703px) Image search: [Google]
LG G4.jpg
125KB, 522x703px
Ok guys im considering buying this bad boy, it seems like the best budget option, should I?
>>
>>61989397
B O O T L O O P S
>>
>>61989397
>Unavoidable bootloop due to motherhood solder joint failure
>No development
>No bootloader unlock outside of a couple of models

Terrible choice for a phone my famicom.
>>
>>61989431
>>61989419
Oh shit, is there a similar phone I can get?
>>
Redmi Note 4 or 4X. Check band for your Country/Mobile provider.
>>
>>61989684
Does it have a good camera though? I don't trust yt shills.
>>
>>61989775
not really, but the price/performance is as good as your going to get unless you buy used
>>
>>61989803
That's a shame, I was interested in LG G4 because of it's camera.
>>
>>61989484
Lenovo T60
>>
No, get a moto g3
>>
Get an LG V20
>>
>>61989397

Avoid at all costs, 808 overheats and throttles, and bootloops are unavoidable since the cause was faulty manufacturing process
>>
Nothing wrong with the G4, or the V10 for that matter (the V10 has the same hardware, same camera, but adds manual video recording and better mics with more control/gain and of course that second screen which can be useful at times.

As for the bootloop issue, not all of them have done it, but all of them might over time depending on usage. The defect was bad solder on the assembly line, it's not a defect that's part of the Snapdragon 808 itself but instead how it was mounted to the motherboard when LG put the components together.

If you decide to get a G4 or V10 register it at LG's website and say you bought it from a carrier (based on the model you buy, the T-Mobile variant is the best in the US to get because of the unlockable bootloader for both the G4 and V10) earlier this year, say maybe Feb or Mar 2017 (they don't care, really) and you'll have warranty service through 2018 to a large degree.

G4 has a lot of development, official Lineage build, etc but the V10 has almost nothing sadly. I just got a V10 in near-mint condition and I'm still disappointed in how there's almost nothing in terms of custom development, no custom ROMs, no Lineage builds, not even non-official ones, just nothing at all.

Pretty fucked up because it's a great device, especially the camera and that camera sensor assembly still takes the best pics I've ever seen from a smartphone.
>>
>>61991296
Can confirm that there are plenty of good ones out there.
I've had my G4 for over two years and never once had a problem with it in any way.
Only issue is the locked bootloader verizon bullshit so it will be stuck with stock rom no root for eternity.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.