[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think someone has a cell phone jammer and is fucking with me,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: jammer.jpg (257KB, 1682x1859px) Image search: [Google]
jammer.jpg
257KB, 1682x1859px
I think someone has a cell phone jammer and is fucking with me, it's a rare day that I can make a call at home without having it eventually make a sound like you would hear from a fax machine and cut out. There's no problem when i'm out and about, it only happens at the house. It's very aggravating and having it happen when I'm taking a important call really sucks. Is there any way to protect against this?
>>
>>61988703
call a bunch of hams, they'll gladly triangulate the fucker down for free because they have nothing else to do
>>
Aluminum foil
>>
>>61988703
Probably the stingray has a lose antenna from cops driving like nutters
>>
>>61988703
>cell phone jammer

Probably not. Probably just an idiot broadcasting on illegal channels.
>>
>>61988703
Have you ever been able to? Have you bought a signal booster?
>>
>>61989376
no, i plan to get one either next month, or the month after though.
>>
>>61988703
You are going to need a spectrum analyzer and an antenna. When you are able to locate the source of the interference make a note of it and file a complaint with the FCC.
>>
>>61989521
You can also use an FFT capable oscilloscope but it'd need to have a pretty wide bandwidth. I think the frequencies cell phones transmit at is somewhere around 900MHz so you need a 1GHz capable scope at the very minimum. Spectrum analyzers are really better for this task as they can have bandwidths that stretch up to 50GHz and beyond. They are after all effectively just superheterodyne receivers with a log amplifier tacked on the end.
>>
>>61988703
>I think someone has a cell phone jammer and is fucking with me
It's me. Nothing personal, kid. I just find you annoying and loud.
>>
>>61988703
maybe your house just has shitty reception

try buying a big antenna. some places offer a patch lead for your phone as well.

another solution is to set up a big antenna on your hourse (ask your provider to help you pay for it) then distribute it to your property via wifi
>>
>>61989628
>>61989521

Shouldn't a cell phone radio obviously be able to pick up the relevant spectrum? If so, shouldn't there be some spectrum analyzer app?
>>
File: NpLl2qM.jpg (461KB, 1517x2524px) Image search: [Google]
NpLl2qM.jpg
461KB, 1517x2524px
Contact FCC and police if you live in Jesusland, it's illegal to jam cellphone signals
>>
Call the FBI.

No, I'm serious.
>>
Do you live in a poor area? Some carriers have suspiciously spotty coverage in those.
>>
>>61989726
>holds it out in the open
what a fucking idiot. just put it in your pocket/bag and none will be the wiser. I've done it myself thousands of times when I was taking the bus and subway.
>>
>>61989521
Will a RTL-SDR work?
>>
>>61989757
For what purpose did you use it?
>>
>>61989757
Keep taking that route anon. You'll be safe, trust me.
>>
>>61989784
wanted some peace & quiet to read books. lots of idiots and dindus were just too fucking annoying.
>>61989795
took it for 2 whole years. every morning. no one did shit. ppl did complain but they blamed carriers.
I did have an easy way to switch it off but there was never any need for it.

If you take public transportation and if it's too noisy because of idiots, I highly recommend portable jammers.
>>
whats the point of those? Is it literally just a fuck you to everyone nearby or is there an actual use
>>
>>61989831
Does it only block calling or also 3g/4g?
>>
>>61989831
Can someone link this anon that article where some guy who did this got caught? I believe he was driving down the highway or something.

Basically jamming also broadcasts where you are. You've been lucky so far.
>>
>>61989521
would any of the apps work or would i have to buy one? any recommendations below 200$?
>>
>>61989442
So it's safe to assume you likely have horrid service where you live and not some guy has a rape dungeon where he needs to jam cell service to avoid the women building an iPhone out of scrap food and their shackles?
>>
>>61989853
>Does it only block calling or also 3g/4g?
jams whatever band you want it to jam (as long as the device supports it). they're not hard to adjust either.

>>61989872
dude, there's literally thousands of these devices in use EVERY FUCKING DAY! so one careless retard got caught... woopty-fucking-doo. if you're discreet about it, you won't get caught.
cops & FCC have bigger fish to fry than to try to hunt some guy on a bus with a limited range jammer.
>>
>>61989921
He wasn't careless though.
>>
>>61989921
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2149501/florida-commuters-illegal-jammer-blocked-more-than-cell-talkers.html
>>
>>61990119
who gives a shit. I've done it for 2+ years. others do it too.
>>
test4
>>
>>61990268
Did you read the article?
>>
>>61989831
Basically you were lucky because cellphone jammers are not widely known about and not widely known to be illegal.

It wouldn't have been difficult to put two and two together if you took that bus and subway at other times of the day and didn't have any problems with reception.

>wanted some peace & quiet to read books
Fucking what? You just replaced the noise of them doing whatever they were on their phones with bitching about their carriers, dumbass.
If you want peace and quiet go to a fucking library.
>>
>>61990606
>the virgin public transportation
>requires complete silence to read
>carries cell phone jammer to keep those around him as miserable as he is
>never actually ends up reading, and just stares at his phone, shielding the border with his hands so as to not reveal his anime
>doesn't take the empty seat since he might disturb the person next to him

>the chad public transportation
>encourages people to play music on their phones while he reads - the more simultaneous tunes, the better!
>reads the classics while simultaneously blowing through a vuvuzela
>no cell phone jammers are on in his presence due to his physically imposing nature
>can't read and watch anime at the same time, so he proudly displays loli on his muscle shirt
>sits in people's lap even though the bus is half empty...they don't mind at all
>>
>>61989907

any woman who can do that deserves freedom
>>
>>61989696
Because of decisions by radio manufacturers like Qualcomm, we can't interface with the radio directly. We have to run their non-free firmware that limits what we can do and is potentially backdoored.
>>
>>61989921
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chicago-man-arrested-cell-phone-jammer-metro-article-1.2561018

is this you
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.