[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Talks endlessly about how great Linux is and how much better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 2000px-Tux.svg.png (554KB, 2000x2357px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Tux.svg.png
554KB, 2000x2357px
>Talks endlessly about how great Linux is and how much better it is than Windows
>Doesn't actually use Linux
>>
>>61987302
only faggots fall for the linux meme
>>
>>61987302
who are you talking about?
>>
wtf I have linux now
>>
Of course not, I'm not that retarded. Linux is a good server OS but it's terrible on desktop. Windows and macOS are the only acceptable options.
>>
File: 1501915294068.png (249KB, 555x828px) Image search: [Google]
1501915294068.png
249KB, 555x828px
>>61987950
>macOS
>acceptable
>>
Because Windows is trash.
MacOS is the god tier desktop OS.
>>
>>61988044
>>61988047
shouldn't you two be at starbucks while wearing your lumberjack shirts and fedoras while posting about manspreading?
>>
>>61988125
What's the point of using mac OS? GNU/Linux has a much superior kernel and better internals.
>>
>>61988125
apple makes trendy overpriced meme technology that sucks. oh and it's also cheaply made garbage that bends in your pocket. prove me wrong faggot
>>
>>61988030
>>61988115
What's wrong with Mac OS? It's UNIX presented in a way that actually works on the desktop.
>>
>>61987302
never understood this fucking meme.
it's really annoying.

It's also the same cucks who seem to be muh big dahtah experts.
>>
>>61988176
>>61988191
OS X is basically like a gimped linux distro by default. Sure you can go out of your way to get a passable package manager (homebrew) and some other cli tools, but why do that when you can just install GNU/Linux?
>>
>>61988191
>it's UNIX...

you say that like it's a good thing.

>>61988176
and macOS doesn't?
what fucking ass in head logic do you have to justify your prejudice?
>>
>>61988168
UNIX that actually just werks.
>>
>>61988234
Great argument.

>>61988241
werks on my machine
>>
>>61988234
it isn't just linux dipshit, it's GNU/Linux.
let's see this magic linux that isn't built using some linux-gnu compiler.
the ones that are are basically irrelevant anyhow like alpine and void and lack a lot of basic functionality.

>>61988241
>UNIX that actually works
>implements less of SUS/POSIX than Linux.

k kiddo.
>>
>>61988225
Because I don't want Linux. I just want UNIX. MacOS is a good implementation of UNIX with greater software compatibility than Linux, and it actually works as a desktop OS.

>>61988287
You can build Linux without using any GNU software.
>>
>talks about how great linux is
>still uses windows at work

Fucking wagecucks
>>
>>61988309
>greater software compatibility than Linux
Not true. Linux has more software than OS X.
>>
>>61988309
>You can build Linux without using any GNU software.

why the fuck would you? musl libc and uLibc are pretty much a joke at this point. busybox is a mediocre coreutil implementation and cuck compilers are still implementing GNUisms in order to build the kernel.

it's GNU + Linux, just deal with it faggot.
>>
>>61988318
Nice try, but I use GNU/Linux at work as well.
>>
>>61988318
Some people HAVE to use Windows at work. They don't have a choice.
>>
>>61988318
>tfw 100% FOSS Fedora 26 system without corporate spyware.

feels good desu, don't even have h.264 decoding. that's how FOSS it is.
>>
>>61988319
Sorry, real productivity software. Call me when I can do my job which involves 3D modeling and image editing on Linux.
>inb4 NEET suggests blender and GIMP

>>61988331
It's not GNU/Linux because it is entirely possible to use Linux without any GNU software. This is a thread about Linux as a whole, not only the variants of Linux that use GNU software.
>>
>>61988357
>implying Fedora isn't a NSA honeypot

>>61988364
Unless you are a professional graphic designer or some shit, blender and GIMP are more than sufficient for that.
>>
>>61988382
>Unless you are a professional graphic designer or some shit,
Yes, I am, hence "my job".

Blender and GIMP are literally only "sufficient" for amateur hobbyists, and even that's a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>61988356
can confirm. I remember at my first "corporate job" I had to use the private cloud(tm) at work as my computer because forced to use shitty ass windows.

glad I don't have to have 100ms latency and can just use linux directly now.

>>61988364
except it isn't. because you still need to conform to GNU extensions and ABI decisions made by GNU's GCC to build a functioning kernel that "linux" software can talk to.

so shut the fuck up about about your "just linux"
>>
>>61988405
I'm still not running any GNU software.
>>
>>61988334
what do you do on it tho?
>>
>>61987302
I use GNU+Linux. AT THE SAME TIME!!!
>>
>>61988623
everything?

the only major blocker I encountered so far is webex and evolution ews deciding to segfualt constantly.
>>
>>61987302
He is not using Linux, it's using GNU/Linux
>>
linux is comfy af for everythig I do. Windows has became some fucking bloated shit forcing updates and eating my data usage. So no it's not usable anymore. I only have it installed for some gayming shit. And macOS? Are you a faggot?
>>
File: hurdislove.png (43KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
hurdislove.png
43KB, 709x709px
I eagerly await the day I can leave these retarded linux fanboys all this nonsense behind.
>>
>>61988404
>Blender and GIMP are literally only "sufficient" for amateur hobbyists, and even that's a bit of a stretch.
I've been using GIMP for years, and the only feature I miss from Photoshop is how filters are added as layers rather than automatically being permanently applied.
>>
>>61988404
>Blender and GIMP
Did you mean to write inkscape there and not blender? Because blender is a beast.
>>
>>61989023
I actually do know people who use blender professionally.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.