[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most popular programming languages in Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: reimu 3D armpits.jpg (326KB, 1381x2454px) Image search: [Google]
reimu 3D armpits.jpg
326KB, 1381x2454px
What are the most popular programming languages in Japan?
>>
>>61983116
Python
>>
ching chong
>>
Ruby obviously, nips are known to be nationalist pricks.
>>
File: hspl[1].png (12KB, 787x625px) Image search: [Google]
hspl[1].png
12KB, 787x625px
>>61983116
Hot Soup Processor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Soup_Processor
>>
>>61983116
Ruby on Rails
>>
>>61983116
common lisp
>>
>>61983116
I'm going to assume you mean 'most used in industry' when you say 'popular' because I work in Tokyo and have an idea of what's being used. I'm also going to ignore most startups or foreign-owned companies because they bring technology choices from America and are frankly not a large part of the Japanese technology market.

First of all, the same major vendor platforms are popular ie. Java and C#. Just like anywhere else, most programming in Japan is done automating the same boring back-office processes and management information systems as anywhere else in the world.

Secondly, assembly. Yes, assembly. Japan is still a major provider of components and embedded systems.

Thirdly, Web. Japan is a good ten to fifteen years behind the West in the development of Web applications. PHP is the predominant language, using the CakePHP framework. The reason is simply that all the documentation is available in Japanese. I don't know of any other major PHP framework with Japanese documentation. Modern frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel have no traction in the Japanese market. JavaScript is not particularly popular. In fact, running code IN THE BROWSER AT ALL is still seen as a cutting edge Silicon Valley technique closer to magic. Apart from some few startups, nobody is using React, or even Angular.
>>
>>61983535
I forgot to mention that Ruby on Rails has some major users in Tokyo, such as Cookpad. It's probably the second most popular technology for developing Web applications after PHP with CakePHP.
>>
>>61983116
Ruby
>>
>>61983535
So knowing C and x86 assembly are valuable skills in Japan?
>>
>>61983535
Shit, I'll remember to translate my docs into moon so I can be popular with the japs.
>>
>>61983607
I wouldn't suggest any particular programming language is a valuable skill in Japan. Programmer wages here are roughly $30-60k per year in Tokyo, less in other cities such as Nagoya, Osaka or Fukuoka.
>>
>>61983535
The Japanese should learn English and Japanese from birth. This would fix their economy.
>>
>>61983951
Students start English classes from the 5th grade until university. Many continue taking English classes throughout university. It doesn't make a difference! Their economy has been shit for so long the 'lost decade' was renamed the 'lost two decades' and it's on track for becoming the 'lost three decades'.

They're shit at English and apart from a few highly successful companies in the heavy industry manufacturing, automobile and electronics components industries, they're shit at doing business internationally. Their electronics products industry is collapsing, just look at Sharp, Pioneer, Panasonic etc.
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 1105x599px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 1105x599px
How do you check move legality in game of fifteen with a board like this? My solution is to check if the distance between two coordinates is 1, but I want to know if there's a better way.
>>
>>61984583
>move legality
What do you mean? If the position can be reached?
>>
>>61984660
If the board is
8 7 6
5 4 3
2 1 _

moving 1 and 3 are legal moves but moving 8, 4 and 2 aren't.
>>
pa iton
shi-i puru puru
a uto rissipu
ja va issu kuri pitu
>>
>>61984583
>>61984674
The way I'm currently doing this is getting the coordinates of the tile being moved and the blank, and then calculating the distance.
>>
>>61984674
Just have a neighborhood function, filter its output by "in the square" and voilĂ .
>>
>>61983800
Are there highly paid niches or not at all?
How can wages be so low?
>>
>>61983951
>English from birth
being a cuck and learning a lesser language?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.