[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Procrastination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

File: i_procrastination.jpg (12KB, 688x324px) Image search: [Google]
i_procrastination.jpg
12KB, 688x324px
Give me your tech procrastination lockdown ideas. How would you stop yourself from visiting certain websites? Or being distracted in general?

Normie shit like an extension that blocks websites on one browser and only if you use the domain name and only if you don't right click or start in safe mode or 500 other workarounds won't work. Not being a retard is a curse.

e.g.:
>host file (normie tier shit if you can't lock down access to it)
>custom crippled browser
>>veracrypt system partition with login script that immediately opens what you're supposed to be working on and closes all processes and removes all hotkeys that would allow escape, monitors for windows like "open file" or "save" or "browse" and closes them immediately, then punishes you with a screamer
>locking yourself in a room with keys in a timed safe for 24 hours with no internet access
I currently do the last one but it's not a practical solution when what you're procrastinating from requires the internet, like any real project would.

This is an issue that affects all of us and most be solved.
>>
>locking yourself in a room with keys in a timed safe for 24 hours with no internet access
how do you urinate?

try not being an ADHD retard
>>
>>61981202
>he hasn't heard of piss bottles
>>
>>61981202
ADHD doesn't even exist, it's just a catch-all excuse diagnosis to placate and take the money of parents who can't reconcile their perception of their child as a genius with the fact that the retard is failing at school.

Some people train themselves to have self control, others don't. That's the only difference
>>
>>61981258
I had a friend that when off meds could keep his attention on you for more than 30s, his mind would just wander away.
>>
>>61981202
>try not being an ADHD retard
ADD retard here
it is simply not physically possible
>>
>>61981277
And I used to do that as a child. I grew up.
>>
>veracrypt system partition with login script that immediately opens what you're supposed to be working on and closes all processes and removes all hotkeys that would allow escape, monitors for windows like "open file" or "save" or "browse" and closes them immediately, then punishes you with a screamer
I have an AHK script that does something similar to this (not as extreme though), but what does veracrypt have to do with it?
>>
>>61981160
What always bothered me about that image is that the checkbox is checked.
If you were serious about procrastination you wouldn't bother and leave it blank.
>>
>>61981160
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60bMFqkcpU
>>
>>61981160

Mostly self control.
I also do all of my work on a pretty minimal linux machine in a place without internet access.
>>
>>61981303
On windows for instance, if you don't have your system partition encrypted, you could simply load up a windows install disk and bypass any security by creating a new account or using the disability keys method. Or you could just load the partition in literally any other OS and bypass any OS-level security.

The point is to have something you can't escape from until certain conditions that you control are met, as if your PC is a fool-proof kiosk.
>>
100% foolproof method right here, boys

Step 1: Enjoy what you do
Step 2: Do it
>>
>>61981160
I just use a different virtual desktop for work stuff.

As a general rule you're going to fail. And this is fine. You just need to get yourself to start again.
>>
>>61981311
>based on TED talk
dropped
>>
>>61981160
Make a custom router where you can add blocked sites but cannot remove without factory reset
Or give your router some long and complicated password, write it down and put it somewhere remote, when you want to add new sites you can
>>
>>61981388
>factory reset it
>ring up ISP for my password if I don't have it
>use mobile internet
What now?
>>
>>61981283
What a fucking perfect and unique snowflake you are. Congratulations.
>>
>>61981386
That's just one part of it though.
>>
>>61981413
if your mind is weak there is nothing to do
>>
>>61981434
I think people with "ADHD" are the snowflakes. Instead of admitting they have a self control problem that is fully up to them to change and that putting a label on it won't excuse them, they choose to be snowflakes and abdicate responsibility.
>>
>>61981442
Yes there is. Prisoners don't escape from prison just by having weak minds. You need to construct the perfect prison for yourself. Half-assed methods don't work.
>>
Lmao just do it
>>
>pick a task
>divide by smaller tasks
>tell yourself to do task in X time
>do it
you can find a dozen workarounds, but eventually it comes down to dedication and that's all in your mind. sit behind your desk and go for it. what can go wrong? just push yourself and do not give up. you can do it
>>
>>61981455
You can't build a prison for yourself, you need other peoples help
>>
how is procrastination real lmao just close 4chan
>>
>>61981311
>do 2 pushups
>take a shower
holy fuck, I can do more than 2 pushups with my fucking dick, let alone with my arms.. fuck this weak idiot and his suggestions
>>
>>61981478
False.
>prison cage
>have key
>lock self in cage
>throw key

Now change the cage into something that forces you to have two choices:
>do what you need to get done
>do nothing at all like you're in literal prison
And replace the key with something that will undo itself after a certain amount of time or after you complete your task
>>
File: CuckLifting.webm (2MB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
CuckLifting.webm
2MB, 640x800px
>>61981481
These are the """"people"""" the video targets
>>
>>61981278
nah you're simply just a retard, learn self control
>>
>>61981481
He tells you exactly why you should set a low goal like that.

Once you start you will automatically do more than 2, but it doesn't feel intimidating to do two pushups.
>>
>>61981495
He says he does 15 now and only started with 2. If you can do 50 then do 50.
>>
>>61981495
if you focus only on this part, its a woman though

>>61981160
you might want to try wakatime for motivation... although it is a bit fucked up, it doesnt measure resarch and the time you spend in the browser. I fucking do 10+ h working every day, but only 4-5 seem to be spent in the editor
>>
>>61981481
did you know there's an entire WORLD outside your basement? a world filled with people you can't call mommy or daddy
>>
>>61981564
*the other picture I wanted to post..
>if you focus on this part, its a woman though

>>61981551
I dont know man, If you are male, 20 pushups shouldnt intimidate you, let alone two
>>
>>61981584
If you are a person with procastination problems like OP you are intimidated by anything.

Also most people that brag about doing huge reps of exercises do them wrong.
Correct pushup is done in slow motion and not as fast as possible.
20 shouldn't be a problem though.
>>
>>61981626
To be perfectly frank, I cant do more than 30 right now (but usually I do them after working out in gym, to make sure I'm on my limit).

Also, Wim Hof breathing method will help you do more pushups too (that is, if you dont have the arm strength of a little girl)
>>
>>61981626
*also, I dont see the point of doing workouts thoughout the whole day. You should take 1-2h and do your training in that perioud.

After that workout, your brainchemistry will be much better and you'll be much happier, hence you might actually feel good enough to do your work which you avoid
>>
>>61981626
OP here. I lift 3 times a week and do cardio (5km run) 3 times a week. This is one of the few things I can actually get done, because each exercise only takes an hour and I know I will feel better after doing it and feel like crap if I skip it.

Not the same as work that needs consistent effort for long periods every single day.

desu, do any of you /kitchen safe/? I get the feeling that I'm the one who's put the most thought and effort into anti-procrastination methods here. Give me something golden
>>
>>61981642
>Also, Wim Hof breathing method will help you do more pushups too (that is, if you dont have the arm strength of a little girl)
The guy whose video you mocked also advocates this method in another video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpTG02x6w5o
>>
>>61981662
yeah, but wim hof breathing method requires will power too lol

It takes about 17 minutes to finish 3 breathing cycles (depending how long you can hold your breath)

>>61981660
think of a girl you want to fuck, and imagine that she'll be willing if you do all your tasks. works for me every time..
>>
>>61981160
This is what I'm planning:
>whitelist necessary work/banking/shopping sites in router
>block everything else for all day except for a short 10-15 minutes period
>throw away router password
>superglue router reset button, screws and connectors
With this setup I can only access unwanted shit if I buy a new router, which is I think will stop me.
>>
>>61982020
>VPN
>proxy
What now?
>>
>>61982061
The internet is only accessible through a reverse proxy server on the router, which can filter https. All other access is blocked. I already tested it, it works – for me at least, I couldn't break it. I just didn't glue it together, I have to be sure about the whitelist.
>>
Jesus what a bunch of bitches. Either do something or don't. You would rather go through all the trouble trying to stop yourself from procrastinating instead just fucking slap yourselves and man up. Of all the problems you could have yours is not to go watch stupid videos instead of working. Bunch of fucking children
>>
>>61982135
Sounds like it has promise

Explain how the reverse proxy is set up

And can you do this while also still using a proxy IP online?
>>
couldn't you just grow some balls and learn some willpower, and just NOT do the things you don't want to do.

just keep doing your work until you finish. its really not that hard
>>
>>61982471
>The webproxy is in non-transparent mode, so its listen-address must be set in PCs
>As far as I know, browsers and other networking programs send all connection request data to the proxy, so the proxy easily can url-filter https
>block all
>allow my whitelist
>>
>>61982415
This thread is about pre-commitment, which is a different (and just as good) strategy than relying on willpower.
>>
>>61981363
I enjoy shitposting and playing videigames.
>>
>>61981448
We are discussing treatments here and are doing so fine without your snowflake ass giving out names
>>
>>61983146
So wait, you don't trust yourself so much that you have to go through all that preparation? You have will to do that but you can't force yourself to do a job say 2 hours at a time? I'm telling you one proper punch to the face would solve that.
>>
>>61981160
It doesn't work. The only way to quit wasting time is to have time wasting available but train yourself not to do it. If you fail make sure you take a note of your failure, but don't feel bad over it. Treat it as part of the training. Track your progress to make sure it's working.
>>
>>61983252
You need "treatment" for laziness you pathetic excuse for a human being and you call someone special snowflake? Do you also need your safe space to protect you from bad people calling you names? They don't know how hard it is to be you, they don't know the suffering.
Fucking bitch snowflake
>>
>>61983391
You're being lazy right now for being on a train trading forum you daft cunt. Only we're trying to not be lazy
>>
>>61981160
4chan is my procrastination and I'm here right now, so...
>>
>>61983391
Yes, I need treatment for laziness. You need treatment for anger management. Come back when you're not a weak minded hothead
>>
>>61982484
>youre schizophrenic?
>lol just stop listening to voices nigga like close your ears lmao
This is what you sound like.
>>
>>61983485
I shitpost in my day off, did all I had to do today.
You are trying. That's cute. How about just do it instead of trying?
>>
>>61983327
It's simpler.
You decide once and setup once, and after that you don't have to think and decide about this stuff ever again.
I don't have to force myself because I outsmarted the asshole part of my brain.
And yes, I know I can't be trusted with this.
>>
>>61981160
After years of procrastination, I mean it kinda ruined my life, here's my advice:
Get your shit together. that's it. Stop being a child, man up, Get your shit together and turn off the computer. If you are REALLY lazy, take 5 minutes to think about why you HAVE to do something. For example: I could walk outside but I'm on my PC right now. What is the best for me? What I'm gonna get for sitting on my chair browsing 4chan for 4 hours in a row? Idk, just push yourself out of your comfort zone and start REALLY enjoying your life, enjoying your life requires efforts btw. I'm not saying this is the easiest path but it is certainly the most beautiful and satisfying way of living. Be strong anon, live your life to its fullest
>>
I used to have the "grow up and buck up, you're just a spaz or just a sad sack of shit" mentality all through life. Then I grew up and noticed I had a fucking problem and telling myself to just "quit it" for years made me miss out on my teens and early twenties. Now I'm on pills and am working on it.

Sometimes you just have to grow up and not be lazy or a spaz. Sometimes you can't.
>>
>>61983517
I don't need treatment. Neither do you. What you need is to grow the fuck up. And again, calling me weak minded while you are too lazy to do what you were supposed to. So much you need treatment hahahaha
>>
>>61981283
>mental illness can't exist
>everybody's brain is the same as mine
You're fucking retarded and antipathic, Adhd do exist, just watch Rainman
>>
>>61983605
>grow up
I'm 21 in college. One dies not flick his fingers and solve his problems, but I doubt you low standards NEET will know that.
>>
>>61983609
Rainman was supposed to have aspergers, but his actor portrayed him like a low level autist with missing chromosomes
>>
>>61983567
That would never work on me because asshole part is really competitive. So I'm working with him. Try to be better than everyone around. Good luck with your endeavors anon
>>
>>61983574
>Get your shit together and turn off the computer
This thread is about how to make the computer turn itself off
>>
>>61983628
I'm 30 with my own business, family and everything. What's your point kid? You are 21 so you are smarter and more cool than the rest. You're not
>>
>>61983686
I've more things on my mind than you. That's my point. And half my subjects are useless for my profession.
>>
>>61983744
Well we all have our problems. Now I would gladly go back in college days. Sorry to say anon but real problems are just starting.
>>
Nofap
>>
>>61983827
Fuck you and fuck life
>>
>SORT YOURSELF OUT.
>LIVE TO GIVE THE BEST OF YOURSELF TO THE WORLD
>HAVE A MEANINGFUL LIFE:A MEANINGFUL LIFE IS THE ONE WHERE EVERYTHING YOU DO MATTERS.
>CHOOSE A LIFE GOAL THAT WILL JUSTIFY YOUR MISERABLE LIFE TO YOU. AFTER THE DETERMINATION OF THY LIFE GOAL, SUFFER TO FULFILL IT
>>
>>61983911
>>
File: 4796411861748678656.jpg (127KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
4796411861748678656.jpg
127KB, 750x937px
>>61981495
Don't talk shit about our goddess (male/female)
>>
>>61983827
>Implying you start to have ""real"" problems from a given age
>Implying 5yo don't have as important problems as their parents
>>
>>61981160
legalized meth aka adderall
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.