[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does windows have to be reinstalled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0280.jpg (16KB, 736x1234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0280.jpg
16KB, 736x1234px
Like, regulary? What does it bloat? Or can it be even prevented?
>>
>>61979173
Registry and DLL hell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLL_Hell
>>
File: IMG_0324.png (615KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0324.png
615KB, 1242x2208px
Well first of all, windows was originally built on an architecture that used C++ and kernel in C. Mac uses more stable unix / objective c quirky but controlled environment.
Windows bloats because of registry issues, bad data mapping onto hard disks(fragmented drives), bios malfunctions and corruptions in early years, and not to mention the ever inescapable bloat ware that is ore installed to keep your computer "up to date" ...to put it simply, it can be slowed, but the aging and impending doom of your systems inability to allocate memory properly and keep away the "bugs" will concede to be your inevitable downfall

x
>>
>>61979173
Poorly coded software that fucks up everything, installs endless outdated libs and frameworks, shits all over your registry which then gets too big for its own good, does the same thing on your filesystem which it fills up with temporary data that's never cleaned... Windows is also to blame, it piles up tons of logs and data you'll never read nor need and that should be disabled by default, it keeps backups of past updates for no reason which a fresh install all compiles as a single one...

You could avoid it by avoiding bad software, but then you would only be using paint and notepad. Or you can prevent it with tight administration, but while it's worth it for a large company, that's a lot of work for your sole home computer, and formatting once in a while is much quicker.
>>
>>61979260
>>61979240
>>61979189
Wow thanks, i was raised on windows and i remember my dad teaching me how to reinstall xp when i was 10, i accepted it as a standard, later on i understood. I switched to mac world 2 years back mainly because curiosity of how it works
>>
>>61979173
You can think of every Windows update/software install as taking a messy shit in a public restroom, but the janitor only has a tooth brush to clean with, he works for 5 seconds, and he ends up just spreading the shit around instead of cleaning it.
Eventually the shit builds up and it's best to regularly throw the toilet away and start fresh.
>>
>>61979173
it doesn't, people just aren't aware of all the places various software stick their hooks.

check you task scheduler and post results
>>
>>61979260
>not micromanaging your os installation
I thought this was a Lunix board
>>
>>61979173
haven't reinstalled windows in years, runs fine. you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>61979189
>>61979260

i have sound/media machine that has un updated 2009 daz loader win 7 image on a 64gb ssd

i havent installed any new software for years except vivaldi, i have tune up utilities that i can run a regestry clean and defrag every few years and machine is still slowing down lately (its an i7 920) like it takes ages for network and desktop to boot after login and it pauses for seconds when i open explorer and want to have all my files sorted by date

shit is fucked up ... windows rots and its deeper than the registry its by design

one cool tip around this is to clone your drive and create an image after you install win drivers and your programs.... i have 8gb .iso of my setup that i can just restore to and be up and running with minimal fuck around if my windows gets owned

also: before gentoo: i have *nix laptops this is just an audio production machine that still rots when it shouldnt
>>
>>61979396
>shit is fucked up ... windows rots and its deeper than the registry its by design
by what mechanism? can you cite examples? or do you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>61979173
impossible to prevent son
>>
>>61979420

windows slowed down after years when i never used it for web browsing and it has very small attack surface

something something everyone trys to pwn windows....something something just windows sitting on a network is bad... something something ntuser.dat {{0xfgf}}....something something botnet.... something something pajeet pretty much nails it
>>
Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display.
>>
File: Cu1SQASWgAApAZe.jpg (68KB, 922x519px) Image search: [Google]
Cu1SQASWgAApAZe.jpg
68KB, 922x519px
>>61979173
because the windows kernel should be in jail
>>
>>61979396
yeah or you could just run a good OS
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.