[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't do a startup out of college they said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 122712asiatodaytech_512x288.jpg (16KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
122712asiatodaytech_512x288.jpg
16KB, 512x288px
> you're age 26
> you're working at big 4
> you check signal
> No messages for 3 months
> what happened you say
> did the fire from my founders hearts extinguish
> mocks are half done
> that dumbass from college is now a billionaire
> where did it all go wrong
> at-at least I'm making 200k a year!! you tell yourself
> Jim next to you is writing a racist screed
> the guy across from you got fired for sexually harassing an intern
> then you go to a hotel frequented by high class prostitutes and small Asian college girls trying to network
> you pay the only black guy you know WAY too much for weed and he knows a guy who can get you a few 8 balls
> what could've been
>>
>>61977624
good thread, actually.

too bad you posted it on the wrong board, faggot.
>>
You are making 200k a year and somehow still feel the need to complain about your salary? You can afford to put a roof over your head and food on the table for a family, take a vacation every year, and save for retirement. What more do you want? You have what millions of people would dream to have, and you are squandering it on drugs and hookers. Stop focusing on what other people have or you'll only be miserable. We can't all be billionaires, not everyone has an idea that is profitable and marketable, and the skill and drive to make it succeed. You can't and won't be a billionaire either. If you save your money well, you might eventually be a millionaire though. And really, if you can afford to do that... shouldn't that be enough?

But seriously, stop looking at hookers, and go find yourself a proper wife to impregnate. Rich people don't have enough kids.
>>
>>61977624
>200k a year
Literally 30 times more than I make. I genuinely have no idea what I would do with that much money other than save until I can buy a couple apartments and then live from renting them.
>>
>>61977755
Rent in silicon valley is like 150k a year.
>>
>>61977878
>living in SF penthouse
>>
>>61977624
> upset with his lack of upward movement in life
> still using marijuana at age 26

gee wiz
>>
network at the lan party dude
>>
>>61977878
And? Fucking move then, the Big 4 usually lets you do that after you work for them for a year. Also, even if you stayed there and paid that ridiculous fee, you are still catching a profit of 50K a year, which is a fuck ton more than most people even seem to make these days. Of course, all you are going to do is continue to throw a pity party, so have at it, but just know that here in Detroit, your issues ain't shit.
>>
>>61977878
>Rent in silicon valley is like 150k a year.
I pay 16,200.
>>
ya mcm compares his success with others rather than setting goals for himself.
>>
>>61977624
>that dumbass from college is now a billionaire

This is b8, but I'll bite.

I must have known a dozen dumbasses from college that talked about nothing but becoming rich of brilliant ideas.

None of them amounted to anything despite being in my thirties, half my college friends are moving back in with their parents after realising their stupid startup was stupid.

>Three people in history had massively successful tech startups so pretty much everyone can
>>
>>61977958

Is this real life?

I'm constantly hearing about the high cost of living in SF.

I'm paying $AUD880 a week for a studio apartment in Sydney. $45K per year.
>>
>>61978256
Silicon Valley isn't just the heart of SF.
>>
>>61977878

Decided to do a quick check on that. Found a 4 bedroom house in silicon valley for $2995 a month on zillow, didn't really find any houses more than $4000 a month. So you're looking at 36K-48K a year. Say you take the upper end. You spend 48K on rent each year, and another 49.4K on income taxes. You still have over 100K left to spend each year. Anyone could easily raise a family on this salary.
>>
>>61978282
People in silicon valley is mentally unstable and they've lost any comprehension as to the value of the dollar.
Silicon valley is where the $500 DRM juicer was made, after all.
>>
File: 1493796804352.jpg (582KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1493796804352.jpg
582KB, 2100x1500px
Flips startups dumbass. Drive to mtn view, go to the incubator and pick up some teenyboppers with the new hit app. and then inject millions until yahoo buys it. U dumb, gay, or metnally handicapped bro?
>>
Maybe you should move to Canada lol
>>
>>61977878
I live in the Seattle area and pay $1400 a month.
>>
>>61978336
this isn't a census for hippies dumbass, go kill yourself in the rain
>>
>>61978357
>t. upset poorfag
>>
>>61977958
Unless you have lots of roommates that's impossible. I pay $12k on rent and I live in the midwest in an average one bedroom apartment. No way the Bay Area is only $4200 more a year. When I lived in San Jose I was paying over $2000 a month and that was ten years ago.
>>
>>61978327
You must be 18+ to post on 4chan kiddo
>>
>>61978282
Yeah, you have to RENT a shitty 4 bedroom house that many people lived in before.

Good luck watching your kids fall behind in a shitty school system because you can't afford to buy an entry level house in a decent neighborhood.
>>
>>61978368
I have one roommate in a nice enough but not fancy 2 bed 2 bath apartment in santa clara.
>>
>>61978364
>t. kid who is proud of paying his rent, which is average amount for any upscale american city
Want a cookie sweetie?
>>
>>61978404
>having kids
No thanks. I'm saving up so I can quit working by 30 and play video games the rest of my life.
>>
>>61977624
>at-at least I'm making 200k a year

He said on the 3rd NEET-est board of all 4chan.
>>
>>61978416
Enjoy your 30k a year job in bumfuck flyoverland. But hey! At least rent is only half as much!
>>
>>61978419

I'm 35 and I continue to have no interest in kids. I don't make any more than most of my friends but I'm the only that can afford the things I want and I don't at all get why.

>opening up your wallet every day to feed someone else

Don't forget that having kids usually means your girl takes a year or two off work.
>>
>>61978383
Chances are I'm older than you. When you're in your 30s you have less shits to give.
>>
>>61977878
That sounds more like a mortgage.
>>
>>61978425
>Enjoy your 30k a year job in bumfuck flyoverland. But hey! At least rent is only half as much!
Your "bumfuck flyoverland" is someone else's comfy small hometown where they can walk to the post office or the store, give a friendly wave to a neighbor as they pass, and just relax and breathe.
>>
>>61977755
100 trillion a year is barely enough to make ends meet here. I had to put my spare Juicero on Craigslist the other day just to keep up with the payments in my Tesla.
>>
>>61980923
Exactly, sir. Exactly that! Why can't the masses understand that the only way to save money is to spend money, to keep our economy thriving. You can't expect business leaders to innovate if they are having to constantly worry about docking-slip mooring fees and such.
>>
>>61980680
Hah, GAY
>>
File: squid_angry_cheeks.png (88KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
squid_angry_cheeks.png
88KB, 302x167px
>>61981105
>>
>>61977650
current /biz/ is board for cryptoshills
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.