[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dgg/ - De-Googling General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

File: 63026296_p0.png (705KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
63026296_p0.png
705KB, 800x1200px
>"Everything is a placebo. The key to happiness is to find the placebo meant for you." - Anon

This general is for discussing tools and methods for dropping tech monoliths, privacy and being ""anonymous"", and future networks.

Any political discussion that is not directly related to the statements, practices, and terms of service of tech companies belongs on other boards, not here. Also, feel free to use this general for discussing tech politics so the board stays tidy.

Search:
>qwant
>startpage
>searx
>duck duck go look up the founder

Mail
>cock.li
>ProtonMail
>Posteo
>Tutanota
>your own

Browsers
>https://kek.gg/i/3g2z6d.png (superior list)
>https://kek.gg/i/67YQQx.jpg (for furfags)

Collaborative documents
>quip
>turtl
>ether pad (eg: notes.typo3.org or etherpad.net)
>microsoft office online (lol)

Image Upload/Edit
>kek.gg

Video sharing
>hooktube
>bitchute.com
>vid.me
>dtube.video

Social
>gab.ai
>minds
>diaspora

Image Upload/Edit
>kek.gg

Google CDN avoidance
>Decentraleyes

Ad and script blocking
>uBlock Origin

Share links without gibbing clicks
>archive.is

Android
>droid-break.info

How to hosts file (lol, just block google bro):
>https://archive.is/gBJ8i

Reading:
>https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself#Fingerprinting
>https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Firefox#Notable_add-ons
>https://panopticlick.eff.org
>>
I've been using hooktube for the better part of a week. I'm worried that it will get taken down though. Everything good does.
>>
Will blocking all google analytics and ad servers with my hosts file break the websites I visit?
>>
>>61973508
how do I get rid of my name from google? I don't care if the content is there, I just want it so that when you search my name nothing relevant to me comes up
>>
>>61973597
no. why do you think it would?
>>
>>61973508
Pic related?
>>
>>61973650
In what way?

On the surface level you can just change your name. But the botnet will still give all your records to the FBI. There's no avoiding it.

There are services you can pay for to remove you from search results, but I don't know if its a scam.
>>
>>61973674
she's just concerned about her privacy anon
>>
>>61973669
Can you block all that shit on the router?
>>
>>61973669
I guess I'll try it out. Was just wondering if it was normal for companies to use conditional logic and block people trying to avoid tracking.
>>
>>61973669
Some sites do break when you block gstatic.com
>>
>>61973508
>looking at cock.li's subpoenas
God being an email host must be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>61973508
can i suggest autistici.org for mail?
based in italy so its somewhat out of the US reach and very privacy oriented.

It was a big thing when lavabit when down and was recommended here quite a bit yet its forgotten now
>>
>>61973795
4chan captcha is hosted there
>>
>>61973734
you'll probably get the occasional "we see you're using adblock...." message. adding to hosts file won't be different from using a real adblocker.
>>
>>61973887
>be autistic and neet
>provide mail services for other autistic anons
>makes you feel useful
>get to see fucked up shit all day
>get court orders all day
>ask yourself why you do it
>go to sleep hoping you don't wake up yet again
>>
>>61973887
>>61973932
This is the type of person that wants to """""de-google""""""" by the way.
>>
https://wiby.me/ a search engine for only html 1.0 sites.
>>
>>61973965
I consider unbotnetting a challenge that can never be met. Sort of like climbing K2. Thrilling but no hope.
>>
>>61973688
Could I make a bunch of websites with fake content on them and spam my name so google shows those sites instead of, for instance, my github?

My github profile was my face for a while and I don't want my face to come up when you search my name.
>>
>>61973508
>>cock.li
>>ProtonMail
Both of these browsers REQUIRE javascript to run.And as pointed out before, they are both susceptible to XSS exploit.
Ironically, gmail has an html mode.
>>
>>61973995
e.g. I have obv removed my github profile image since then but google cached a copy of the old image for some reason.
>>
>>61973996
why use webmail though?
>>
>>61973927
use legacy captcha?
>>
>>61974022
Why be limited to one computer that has all your email downloaded to it?
>>
>>61973989
>https://wiby.me/
Comfy
>>
>>61974056
i don't leave my room
>>
>>61974079
/g/ is a board of technical professionals
>>
File: end it all.jpg (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
end it all.jpg
30KB, 480x480px
>>61974092
>>
>>61973508
Gab is pathetic. It's just like eightchan in that its only purpose is to complain about it's sister site 4chan and be a "stick it to the man" rebel site. Only difference is it has much bigger production value and isnt run by a cripple.
>>
>>61974013
As a kid I was part of social media a lot but after years of not using things like that anymore it all just went away. My face or anything related to me comes up.
But thats also because I use an online handle for most things
>>
>>61974153
i like that i can say faggot in live stream chat and not get banned
>>
>>61974161
I just use a bunch of psuedonyms and never ever login to facebook. The normies I grew up with probably think I'm dead.

Faceted identity was the best idea moot ever had, too bad he was a faggot and now a cuck.
>>
The more I use bitchute, the more I like it. It reminds me of Google Videos before they bought youtube. When you could find 8 hour long holocaust denial videos with no ads, and Google gave zero shits.
>>
File: perspective.png (74KB, 652x632px) Image search: [Google]
perspective.png
74KB, 652x632px
>>61973989
Reactionary web development needed to happen.
>>
So now that Cloudflare refuses to host nazis, is 4chan fucked?
>>
Systemd is not an init system!!
If someone characterizes systemd as an “init system,” you may safely assume that s/he is either utterly clueless or deliberately obfuscating the discussion. Calling systemd an init system is like calling an automobile a cup holder. Not even Lennart Poettering pretends that systemd is anything but the “Core OS” (sic).

What systemd is is an effort to re-create large portions of existing userspace (including login, job scheduling, and networking, just to name a few) inside a single process traditionally reserved for the sole purpose of starting *nix userspace. (Just in case it isn't clear, there is a huge difference between starting userspace (init) and being userspace (systemd).)

At the end of the day, how one perceives this re-creation of existing userspace strongly influences one's reaction to systemd. There are plenty of perfectly legitimate reasons to be troubled by this re-invention of the wheel; they range from the philosophical and aesthetic, to the technical and mechanical, even the purely political and brutally practical.

And that's part of the problem when folks start to “debate” systemd. Very few folks have the chops to think about, much less talk about all of these areas simultaneously. As a result, the discussion becomes fractured and disjointed, in what is literally the textbook definition of bikeshedding. Suddenly, a talking head who's never written a line of code in his/her life offers up an authoritative-sounding-but-utterly-bogus opinion on systemd's maintainability. Add in the fact that folks on both sides (including Poettering himself) act as if name-calling is a perfectly good substitute for empirical evidence, and the “debate” becomes indistinguishable from white noise.

Full story:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=120652&p=570371
>>
STOP USING LINUX DISTROS WITH SYSTEMD

>My problem with this is that the order in which services are started should, in my opinion, be exactly the same each time and predictable to the sysadmin. With systemd, the order is not deterministic, so you don’t know what’s going to happen next time you boot. I work with servers and embedded devices; I don’t care much about boot time. A server spends several minutes in the BIOS during POST anyway, before the bootloader is even run; making the OS boot faster doesn’t change very much. Embedded devices already start quickly because you trim them down to the bare minimum. What I care about is that every time I boot, the same exact things happen in the same exact order — the order that I want.

>It seems no one can agree on whether systemd is modular or not. I think the problem is with different definitions of ‘modularity’. Systemd doesn’t put everything in PID 1 like some people suggest; it uses modules that communicate with each other. So it is modular in that sense. But these modules are very tightly integrated. You can’t easy remove some of them, or replace them with other things. So in that sense it is very monolithic. This is not at all like having a simple interface and passing data via stdin and stdout, which is the modularity that makes UNIX pipes possible. This is the sense that matters to me.

>[...]I dislike the way systemd is absorbing everything. It’s not just an init system, it’s become an everything-under-the-hood includes-the-kitchen-sink management system. That doesn’t feel modular to me. Why should systemd implement NTP when ntpd already exists? I think systemd-timesyncd and all the others like it are just reinventing the wheel.

Full article: https://bsdmag.org/randy_w_3/
>>
>>61974377
>Calling systemd an init system is like calling an automobile a cup holder.
Well I was forced to by a car to replace a cup holder and I'm pretty mad
>>
lol the "Fucking Charter Thread"

Anyone posting in this is a moron and a target.
>>
>>61974406
good job moron
>>
>>61974393
the photo was exactly what i expected it to be
>>
>>61973989
damn those sites are snappy to browse
>>
https://bitmitigate.com
is this CIA too
>>
File: 1460040182913s.jpg (6KB, 225x250px) Image search: [Google]
1460040182913s.jpg
6KB, 225x250px
>>61974556
If you know any sites like that, please submit them to that search engine
>>
Any alternatives to Puush that I can use with Sharex?

I want to be able to upload shit and then delete it from their servers whenever I want.
>>
File: 1490968832613.jpg (312KB, 1159x1626px) Image search: [Google]
1490968832613.jpg
312KB, 1159x1626px
>>61974696
Oh shit my pic didn't get uploaded.
>>
File: racistsoap.png (33KB, 648x249px) Image search: [Google]
racistsoap.png
33KB, 648x249px
Why are you still using racist soap? Well?

https://archive.is/9byV5

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=B_hK-RUL8GU&spfreload=10
>>
File: 1498701248420.png (187KB, 692x450px) Image search: [Google]
1498701248420.png
187KB, 692x450px
>phone finally breaks
>get a new one
>have to go through the trouble of flashing a ROM again just to get rid of Google
it's such a bother desu, I wish you could just buy de-googled phones. I guess that wouldn't make them any money though
>>
some fag on /pol/ claimed that protonmail was "compromised" and details would be here
so what's wrong with protonmail?
>>
>>61974856
i think he was referring to some story about it getting ddossed by israel
>>
>>61974856
>so what's wrong with protonmail?
just a brazilian kid trying to buy drugs on reddit got fucked up by protonmail
>>
>>61974890
>>61974927
k thanks. I just want to do regular legit business without putting my balls in Google's mousetrap so I've been feeling pretty good about Proton
>>
>>61974927
>skiddies thinking installing software and using services makes them anonymous on the internet

This is why everything is a placebo unless you follow a privacy live style. It usually means having a text based browser and not playing runescape.
>>
>>61974161
I used to use my name and there are news sites e.g. techcrunch that have my name. it isn't going away
>>
>>61974393
I'm on arch so I tried
$ sudo pacman -R systemd

and I get
:: dhcpcd: removing systemd breaks dependency 'udev'

how can I have udev and internet without systemd???
>>
>>61973508
I want to drop gmail but I've signed up for so much with it. What if I forget the password to some site I used gmail to sign up with?
>>
>>61974739
>infrared doesn't detect darker skin
What? Does darker skin not give off heat?
>>
>>61975720
make a new account
>>
>>61975777
maybe it's literally a shitty iphone tier camera used for motion detect; probably chinese
>>
>>61975720
Its called project management, nerd.

>set a goal
>do some research
>decide how many things you're signed up to, you you think you're signed up
>log in to each service and update your email to not gmail
>every now and then check back and see if you reached your goal
>use a high tech encryption solution for your passwords from now on, like a piece of paper in a safe
>>
>>61973989
I found an angelfire site with redneck jedi jokes
>>
>>61975777
It'd be a near-ir reflectivity sensor, not far-ir.
>>
>>61975881
this is the kinda shit you'd show your dad in 1998 and he'd spend the better part of the evening reading the entire page outloud to the family
>>
>>61973508
Youtube alternative for /k/omrades. Most of them probably knows I guess.

www.full30.com/
>>
>>61975720
I just moved off gmail last week - set it to forward all your email to your new address.
>>
What do I use if I'm not familiar with browsers
>>
What about advertising? What are the best alternatives to Google?
>>
>>61973550
more opinions about this? it looks too good to be true
>>
Okay, so I have hackernews and slashdot as two technology news replacements, any other good tech sites that I can easily find news for?
>>
>>61976545
it just streams media directly from jootube, bypassing all their ads and analytics. Its only a matter of time before Google changes how Youtube works internally and it stops working. For now, it's great.
>>
>>61976569
it _CLAIMS_ it streams media directly
is it open source?
>>
>>61976569
Impressive, very nice
>>
>>61973508
>>
>>61976597
Sure. It can claim whatever it wants.

NewPipe is a mobile app that does exactly the same thing and it's floss so you can look it up on github and decide for yourself its working as described.
>>
>>61973508
Add gnusocial
>>
Any thoughts on the Iridium browser? Or is it just more bullshit since it's a chromium knock off? I haven't had time to play with it much lately here.
https://iridiumbrowser.de/
>>
>>61976566
what's wrong with nytimes (aside from being big brother's news outlet)?
>>
>gab
>kek

Nice try, with Google at least i won't be a retarded Drumpffag.
>>
File: 1503040663030.jpg (197KB, 497x666px) Image search: [Google]
1503040663030.jpg
197KB, 497x666px
>>61976900
>>
>>61973989
Beautiful.
>>
>>61976797
I'd like to know too. Is it just ungoogled chromium?

Every chrome fork fucking sucks. Brave is a pig, Vivaldi is an ugly mess. Chromium is Chrome.
>>
>>61977145
What's wrong with Brave?
>>
>>61977170
Its built on Electron, it uses a shit ton of system resources for basic browsing
>>
>>61973508
>4chan uses Google captcha
Fuck this. Give me an alternative to 4chan.
>>
>>61975881
These colors kill my eyes
>>
>>61977145
>>61976797

you can only pick two:
[ ]extensions
[ ]efficiency
[ ]freedoms
>>
File: reee.jpg (29KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
29KB, 800x522px
>>61977227
It looks like mad frog yelling REEEEEE.
>>
>>61977248
Iridium isn't even on that list. I went ahead and installed it. Seems like chromium, fast and not sluggish, gets updates and can use extensions. Gonna keep this one.
>>
>>61977278
>reading
>>
>>61973508
Damn, I remember that "scene". What happed to those videos? I had all of them on my ML favorites.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.