[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a long time gnu/linux user and tried w10 ltsb. As a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm a long time gnu/linux user and tried w10 ltsb. As a programmer i wanted to do something that only possible on windows rig, so i started gaymi... i mean .net "development", so i installed vs 2017 gommunity of botnet edition. Downloaded a c# pdf from gentoo lib and started do stuff for hours. As a gentooman i never switch off my thinkpad, so i gone to a dinner. After a half hour the only thing i saw is the error message of "no boot device" or alike bs. There is no better sign to screw this crap from my system than this. Literally did nothing but running the botnet and a POS ide of ms shitself and a pdf reader.
>so this is the power of wangblows 10?
I see no reason to use windows 10 for anything as it's slow and unstable even the glorified ltsb is garbage too. What the actual fuck...
>>
>>61967179
why not chill out and admit you fucked your bootloader?
just install refind.
>>
>>61967225
The bootloader was ok.
>>
>>61967179
Yeah. Windows is surprisingly slow. As someone who only exclusively started using GNU last year I couldn't not rage while using win10 on my friend's PC.
>>
>>61967179
>no boot device
That a bios message stating it couldn't detect the HDD.
You're suffering a hardware failure and somewhere you're trying to blame ms because you had the bad luck to use it at the same time of the fail.
Have you checked your hdd smart status?
>>
>>61967179
nice made up story
>>
>>61967574
I get a hardware failure error plenty on my pc, yet nothing's broken. The SMART is good so whats the deal?
>>
>>61967574
>hardware failure
Nah, it's a rather common bug on w10. Just search on it.
>>
>>61967179
A week or so we had to save a simple document in Word, shit broke and I had to redo everything on my GNU/Linux computer to save the day.

WINDOWS NEVER AGAIN
>>
>>61967574
SMART has never once given me an accurate report. Across several drives that have all failed, the status report was Passed. What fucking nonsense.
>>
>>61970233
Most likely it did fail somewhere.
It probably affected nonessential functions of the machine.

Filesystems like BTRFS and ZFS will alert you to damage to the underlying files but SMART can only say:
>Sector # 205012 came back bad, I can't see shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.