[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from buying one, what's a way of testing the speed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: TL-PA4010P-KIT-th.jpg (6KB, 235x182px) Image search: [Google]
TL-PA4010P-KIT-th.jpg
6KB, 235x182px
Aside from buying one, what's a way of testing the speed of a connection for ethernet over power? I don't want to drop money and the old house I'm renting is shit for ethernet over power.
>>
That's a really funny name for it, because there is also something called "power over ethernet." I feel like calling this ethernet over power is just begging for confusion. Is that its name in your country? In Burgerstan we call it powerline networking.

I can tell you from personal experience that I get 83% of my powerline adapter's rated speed on sustained LAN transfer, which is also more than enough to support my cheap broadband internet connection. Unfortunately an actual test under your conditions might depend on your store's return policies.

What I can say is that if you want best performance during the test:
>don't use the two outlets for anything except the adapters
>avoid running large appliances such as an air conditioning unit or vacuum cleaner on the same level/area of the home as the adapters
>don't run the signal between levels or sides of the home if you can avoid it
>take a look at the circuit breaker panel to get an idea of which rooms are on separate fuses and sides of the box
>>
By buying it and returning it if it's not good?? You stupid fuck
>>
>>61964835
Oh I almost forgot: run a constant ping from your computer to your router/modem during use. Some of these adapters have a power saving mode which can turn on when activity is at zero for some time. The ping will just make sure that doesn't happen so you can get a fair test. If you're otherwise happy, you can find a software utility which will disable power saving.
>>
Say it with me
MoCA
o
C
A
>>
You'll have to buy a set and return them (at a little loss to yourself) if they are not satisfactory.
>>
>>61964873
Fucking this

95% of existing construction has Coaxial wiring throughout.

Use MoCA 2.0 adapter for ~400mbps, or Bonded MoCA 2.0 for 800-900mbps.

No need to worry about shitty powerline adapters or shitty wifi.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.