[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Case or no case, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 14

Case or no case, /g/?
>>
>>61963694
there's always a case for a case
>>
>>61963701
thanks for the advice dad
>>
I like how designers got the idea to put glass on the back of the phones as well, so if you drop it both sides get fucked.
>>
just get a phone that doesn't shatter into pieces if you drop it.
>but they're so thick
as thick as those fashion phones once you put them in a case, but also water- and dustproof and come with a bigger battery
>>
>>61963718
>actually dropping expensive shit
how's it feel to have cerebral palsy?
>>
>>61963694
Xiaomi Remi Note 4 Global
>>
>>61963762
It tends to happen if you actually leave the basement.
>>
No phone, but still. I have an old (2012) Nexus 7 and always carry it around in a case. It is a thick leather case which is capable of absorbing impact quite well. It served me nicely this far, no scratches or cracks on the tablet's surface. It is practical but, my, it is ugly. Nexus 7 is a nice looking light thing which fits in hands just right. While with case it becomes heavy, clumsy, and dull visually. I hate to use this thing, yet is necessary.
>>
>>61963799
rekt
>>
>>61963765
I'm waiting for mine.
How sturdy is it? Should I bother with a thicc case?
>>
>>61963799
I put my phone safely in my bag/pocket when I leave home, but I guess this isn't very obvious for the mentally impaired.
>>
File: DHggCuwVoAEDJd0.jpg (98KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
DHggCuwVoAEDJd0.jpg
98KB, 1000x800px
>>
Most cases suck and look cheap
But I always use a screen protector
>>
>>61964019
Fuck off Lelnovo shill.
>>
File: 1486654867335.png (2MB, 3840x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1486654867335.png
2MB, 3840x1632px
>>61963799
>>
No case, I change phones almost yearly.
>>
>>61963694
I happily used a Moto G4 without a case for a year because its back has grip to it, but I've replaced it with a Redmi Note 4 and the shiny back means I need a case
>>
>>61964037
>posting a patent with no identifiers of who was granted the patent for a product that doesn't exist is somehow shilling

I wonder if any /g/ poster is more retarded than yourself
>>
>>61963694
clear case or meme skin
>>
File: LeHrmr4.webm (650KB, 216x130px) Image search: [Google]
LeHrmr4.webm
650KB, 216x130px
>>61963762
>>61963799
>>
>>61963882
It's fuckin cheap no need for baby sitting unless you drop your phone monthly
>>
>>61964005
And then you never pull it out, except when mommy calls to tell you dinner is ready.
>>
>>61964046
who is this semen demon
>>
>>61963694
The real question is, if the case doesn't allow for a screen protector, do you choose case or screen protector?
>>
>>61964785
You get a new case fucko
>>
>>61963694
I use a bumper case just so I can protect the screen from scratches.
>why not use a screen protector?
Plastic ones feel and look awful and glass ones dont work on my phone (GS8).
>>
File: 611z0whdPjL._SL1500_.jpg (103KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
611z0whdPjL._SL1500_.jpg
103KB, 1000x1000px
>>61963694
Clear cases that show the beauty of the phone
>>
>>61965335
>Samsung
Hope you didnt google Shitsung + clear case
>>
>>61963754
this
>>
>>61964785
what fucking case doesnt allow for a screen protector
>>
>>61965864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IGIHEcqU4
>>
Depends on the phone.

With my S8 I have a low profile case that gives some extra grip and drop protection (Tech21). Plus is lets me put my phone down screen up or down without worrying about scratches. No screen protector though because all the ones I've tried so far have ruined the look and/or feel of the screen.

Besides, I'm not a barbarian and have never cracked a smartphone screen. I don't drop my phone's, don't keep anything else in my pocket with them, and keep them screen in towards my thigh to prevent damage.
>>
Since I have a Motorola X-Force and the back is braided shit I cannot stick any magnets to it so it needs a case for that to stick to my car holder.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (20KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
20KB, 300x250px
No case.
>>
File: 1.0x0.jpg (47KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1.0x0.jpg
47KB, 800x533px
I have a thin rubber case + thick leather case.

I can throw this shit as hard as I can at concrete and it wont break
>>
>>61963694
case

better thicc than a brick.
>>
File: essential.jpg (311KB, 2040x1360px) Image search: [Google]
essential.jpg
311KB, 2040x1360px
No need for a case when your phone is made of titanium.
>>
>>61970473
is the glass made out of titanium?
>>
>>61963694
Better idea, dont have sausage fingers.
>>
>buy brand new BlackBerry priv
>love it to bits
>own it for about 3 days
>fall asleep with it in my hand, it drops and when I wake up it has a tiny scratch on the bottom of the back
So mad
>>
>>61966616
>Besides, I'm not a barbarian and have never cracked a smartphone screen. I don't drop my phone's, don't keep anything else in my pocket with them, and keep them screen in towards my thigh to prevent damage.
I only have good things to say about my favorite case, CommonSense™
>>
>>61963694
>not using a glass screen protector and transparent rubber bumper frame so you can still see the aesthetics of your phone
>>
>>61970179
>Sonim
Good shit, anon. Lost one of these over a roof at a local music venue(I was wrenching on the A/C), 140 feet straight to the pavement with nothing but some scuffed rubber to show for it.
>>
I really want to use my iPhone 7 without a case, but I see faggots at working using their phones with a shattered screen and think "yeah I really don't want that to be me"

A friend of mine just dropped her phone and cracked half the screen. She just got it.

I don't know what it is about women though. The only time they start using cases is when they break their phones which always happens
>>
When I got my current phone, it already had a case on it. The problem is, I have absolutely no idea how to remove it. It's a hybrid hard and soft case and the hard case grips around the edges. I'm afraid I'll break it.... looks really nice though.
>>
No case.
Even if you drop it, a phone should survive a normal drop no problem. I'm not going to torture test my phone or throw it at the ground for keks.
>>
Have a wallet case on current phone, but it did fall on the screen once on a concrete road when i was cycling, somehow there isn't even a scratch. Better save than sorry tho especially now curved screens are a thing.
>>
>>61963694
Why wouldn't you? It can't possibly hurt.
>>
>>61972601
>a phone should survive a normal drop no problem
If it lands on the screen on concrete, it's fucked, no matter how good the glass is.
>>
wallet case that way no pocket activation
>>
>>61973111
My phone never activates in my pocket with bare screen, never understood how it's such a big issue unless you have literally no security at all on your phone.

Whatever is on your pocket isn't going to have the correct link/pattern/fingerprint/whatever.
>>
>>61963694
Anybody have a case on a Galaxy S8? Thoughts? I really want to get it, though I'm worried the curved glass will make using a case wierd. And I definitely don't want to use the phone naked.
>>
>>61973543
If you take your phone out often sometimes you forget to lock it before you put it back in your pocket.
>>
>>61973581
Hitting the lock button as I slide it into my pocket is second nature by now, I don't even think about it.
>>
>>61973564
I have a SO and tried a couple cases.

The Spigen Neo was nice and thin and looked good, but it felt cheap and the back was way too slick for my to feel decent about one handed use.

Now I have a Tech21 case and like it. Rated for 10 foot drops, pretty thin and low profile, and pretty grippy. The only issue was the stuff as hell buttons with it, but that can be fixed.
>>
>>61973626
*S8
>>
>>61964005
or when you have to make a fake text or make a fake phone call
>>
Big Otterbox case for every phone. Not because I'll drop it, but I have massive mongloid hands and can handle a girthy phone.
>>
>>61970473
also titanium scratches easy
>>
>>61964049
good goy
>>
What about bumpers? As good as cases?
>>
I have a phone case, with one of those flaps that goes over the screen that doubles as a wallet. One with a window for my train pass, and a couple slots for cards and ID. I just want a QT phone charm to attach to the case now.
>>
>>61963694
No case.
Man up and you won't break it.
anyone with an iq over 90 should be fine, this is why almost everyone have one, sadly.
>>
>>61963694
Old phone: Optimus G, glass on both sides, no case for 4 years. Small scratch on the front side glass that is only visible in cardboard VR. That's despite of falling from ~2 meters a few times.
Xiaomi Mi5, glass on both sides, but its back is rounded and feels slippery. Got a hard case for it. That made it Optimus thick.
>>
>>61971366
>using glass screen protector on a protective glass
>>
>>61976042
Not as protective as a good case but are lower profile. How well they work kinda depends on the phone.
>>
File: xperia-xz-768x340.jpg (27KB, 768x340px) Image search: [Google]
xperia-xz-768x340.jpg
27KB, 768x340px
>>61963694
Why ruin the aesthetics of your phone with a case? No case actually compliments a phone but makes it look like a retard with a helmet.
>>
I have a Bodyguardz glass screen protector and a cheap rubberized case that is thicker than the back lens protrudement on my iPhone 6s. Together they pretty much cover the entire phone, and is more than adequate protection for people who are generally careful.
>>
>>61976349
I think the proper terminology for Mi5's case is "bumper" though. Black Nilkin Shield fits the black phone pretty well.
>>
Buy a better phone. One with a metal body. Gorilla glass shouldn't break so easily.

Or get a case if you have parkinsons.
>>
>>61964309
Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade
>>
Yes, becasue it was $4 and has a kickstand.
Otherwise, nah.
>>
>>61963694
I have a Spigen on my OP3T. Came with my phone so literally no reason not to use it. Frankly a comfy accessory.
>>
Went without a case on my phones for like 10 years. Then dropped my lg g3 and the screen was unresponsive and I had to replace it. I'm using cases now. Whatever.
>>
>implying I ever go anywhere with hard surfaces
no case
>>
>>61963694
I have so much autism with phones with cracked screens.
>>
If I pay extra for a skinny phone I'm damn well going to experience it. Luckily I take care of my shit so it's fine.
>>
case
i have tremors
>>
>>61963694

Cheap TPS case and no screen protector. Works well.
>>
>>61964005
Unless you need to stare at it and flick through settings or something to cope with people talking to you
>>
>>61978433
There's no escape: kys
>>
File: Low armor stat.webm (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Low armor stat.webm
2MB, 720x540px
Doesn't matter either way.
>>
I have this thin nilkin case for my RN3P that came with a clear screen protector. Saved NY phone through several drops, some on concrete and kept the back scratch free. Plus it is way less slippery than the aluminum backplate, so less chance of dropping.
>>
>>61970473
if the battery fucks up
how much will surgery costs to heal the thermite explosion in your pocket
>>
>>61963694
TPU case and tempered glass, they are comfy and have protected my phone from my butterfingers countless times.
>>
>>61963694
I have a cheap plastic phone so I don't need a case. Had it for a year and a half now and I dropped it a couple of times. Still working fine.
>>
What's the point of a screen protector?
Any good phone will already have a screen harder than that. And it's not going to absorb any kind of shock that will shatter a display.
>>
case and it has to be one with a raised front edge

I don't have the time to deal with replacements
Don't even give a shit about resale value on an 800USD piece of trash. I use all my devices until they're EOL anyway

One of the phones I use is an itoy 7 and it has less grip than a wet bar of soap (by design, no doubt)

I haven't broken a phone yet
>>
>>61965335
>beauty
>>>/fa/
>>
>>61963799
I laughed at this post but a second later while standing at a bus stop, I saw a bee hovering with three inches.

I nearly flung my S7 edge into the air but I barely manages to catch it on the home button.
>>
>>61970242
I always worry about the cards in a wallet case scratching the screen. Is this not a thing? I know screen protectors exist, but is it worth bothering with?
>>
>>61986022
How would a plastic card scratch a much much harder glass screen?
>>
Case. I always drop my phone
>>
>>61980237
Well, I haven't damaged my phone screen for a while now, so I'm alright for now.
>>
>Use phone without case
>Drop it all the time and the screen is still safe
>Decide to get a case
>It falls while putting the case on
>The screen shatters
This is some final destination shit.
>>
Insurance is my phone case poorfags
>>
Case because company policy. But the slimmest case I found.
>>
>>61963694
no case. how would johny ive use phone?
>>
Used to use my Redmi 3 Pro with a case because the back was slippery.

My new Mi5 doesn’t slip, so no need to use a case.
>>
>>61986548
>wanting to deal with downtime
must only use it for facebook
>>
>>61986762
>Depending on your phone to do your job
You fucking pleb
>>
Same answer to "Is your IQ above or below 100?"
I've dropped my phone on gravel, and even tossed it around (gently). My phone works perfectly fine, and the screen is perfect.
>>
>>61986809
Yes, welcome to the 21st century

I guess flipping burgers/mopping floors doesn't require a mobile device though
>>
My samsung doesn't light my pants on fire as often if I leave the case off.
>>
File: mmmtaytay.jpg (82KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
mmmtaytay.jpg
82KB, 600x901px
no case, I like having minimal printing on my clothes plus I just hate it when I can physically notice the phone in my pocket, if that makes any sense

I've yet to drop my phone since I've gotten a cell phone in the mid 2000's, even when snapchatting like an idiot on a rollercoaster
>>
>>61963694
Case. I only buy one every two years so I have to take care of it.
>>
Have a case but just because my working environment needs it otherwise without a case.
>>
File: 611734840-2115433546.jpg (96KB, 516x291px) Image search: [Google]
611734840-2115433546.jpg
96KB, 516x291px
Yes. But only if it houses a fuckhuge battery.
>>
File: lunatik-taktik-iphone-case-3.jpg (91KB, 1240x697px) Image search: [Google]
lunatik-taktik-iphone-case-3.jpg
91KB, 1240x697px
I like being able to use my phone as a weapon.
>>
are cases for tablets necessary?
>>
>>61963694
No case for me. It ruins the feel for me.
>>
>>61980325
Your comment makes literally no sense.
>>
>>61988074
Weren't those discontinued?
>>
>>61988686
For the 4s and older versions yeah probably, I would have no clue about newer models.
>>
>>61988699
No, like I mean the manufacturer doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>61988728
Well then I don't know
>>
>>61973626
a J7 prime case?
>>
>>61965335
transparent plastic is literally the worst
especially when people don't clean them and they're full of pocket filth
and some of them just straight up discolor and look awful
>>
>>61963694
>using a phone that needs a case

Just use a moto g3. I've dropped mine so many times and it hasn't even got a scratch
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.