[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I discovered Linux as a young autist (12) when they were sending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1502780091731.jpg (255KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502780091731.jpg
255KB, 1280x960px
I discovered Linux as a young autist (12) when they were sending free Ubuntu 8.04 CD's to your house from Canonical. In these 10 years I've been fucking around with Perl, Python, C, Ruby on Rails, done GTK+, system and embedded programming, learned sysadmin and had lots of fun dwelving deep into the system.

I'm bored of it though. I just want a comfy easy desktop now. I wanna focus on work and not have to futz around with configurations. I'm going to install Win10 because I just need to get things done now.

Anyone else feel the same way?
>>
Yes, that was when I switched to opensuse. After finding out that yast is shit and opensuse has outdated packages, I switched to fedora. No problems so far.
>>
>>61956186
things that never happend
>>
>>61956222
whatever helps you with your insecurities about your OS choice.
>>61956199
Another distro is still work though. For ex on window setting up a mail server with a sane config is just a few next away while you have to futz around with the postfix an read the whole manpage to set things right on Linux. I'm just tired of dealing with it so I'm switching to Windows
>>
>>61956186
Linux is purely for deployed systems, not for day to day personal use.

Do your job on it, do your work, relax on easy things.
>>
>>61956186
nope, going full loonix myself.
sorry sweetie, enjoy win10 i guess
>>
>>61956186
what's his name?
>>
>>61956371
its ok princess, i dont hate you for it
>>61956302
thank you, finally someone understand me and isnt being a tryhard on /g/.
>>
>>61956390
>writes completely bullshit story
>everyone else is a tryhard
>>
>>61956405
i wish i could just distort reality to make it feel better like you are doing anon
>>
>>61956390
it happens with age, when people start to work they realise they cba with this shit unless someones paying them
>>
>>61956186
I totally understand, OP. Yesterday I was calculating the origins of the Big Bang and doing other high-intensity cosmic scale calculations on my Chinese supercomputer running Linux, when suddenly I thought "this is hard" and installed Windows 10S. I immediately could play Candy Crush - it just works! Previously I had to program it myself on the much inferior Linux.
>>
>>61956504
>he thinks he's intelligent for copying commands from a wiki
i guess its an intellectual achievement for you tho xd
>>61956449
yeah, I ditched sysadmin cuz it was so dull, I'm enjoying C# ASP.NET now because it involves using your brain lol
>>
>>61956186
Linux mint cinnamon is all you need lying pleb
>>
>>61956622
>if i dont like something it must be a lie
lol children
>>
>>61956186
Who is this seamen demon?
>>
>>61956186
No, i use Windows with the sole purpose of running Etabs because there is no other choice for GNU/Linux, and I use a lot of free software while I use Windows like LibreOffice, VLC player, inkscape, librecad, gimp, etc. I also have cygwin installed so I can ssh to my odroid running arch in my home.
I don't mind using GNU/Linux for everything at my house and windows at work but if I could I wouldn't use windows at all, not because there's anything wrong with it, I just don't want to.
>>
>>61956677
some slut i saw on /b/, saved for the tits
>>
Ooh man, I remember those days. I also started with 8.04. I borrow the disk to a friend and he lost it.
>>
>>61956186
Nice try, NSA.
>>
File: slackware1007.png (237KB, 1920x918px) Image search: [Google]
slackware1007.png
237KB, 1920x918px
>>61956186
looks like bait. Loonix now is better than ever.
>>61956199
>fedora
would use it but dnf is slow as fuck
>>
>>61956186
The shit yo, just stick with regular damn Ubuntu and don't touch shit and it'll be fine. I threw cinnamon on it for a good measure too.
>>
>>61956186
>I discovered Windows as a young normie (12) when they had it preinstalled on desktops thanks to Microsoft licencing agreements. In these 15 years I've been fucking around with Perl, Python, C#, Ruby on Rails, done GTK+, system and embedded programming, learned sysadmin and had lots of fun delving deep into the system.
>I'm bored of it though. I just want a comfy easy desktop now. I wanna focus on work and not have to futz around with configurations. I'm going to install Ubuntu because I just need to get things done now.
>Anyone else feel the same way?
>>
just use debian
>>
>>61956186
most people who get bored of configuring shit end up using some *ubuntu or mac... unless you want to tweak your system by yourself, I guess ubuntu isn't that bad
>>
>>61956186

the only benefit to linux is avoiding windows malware and getting to dig through source code for things. if you don't do that then why use it?
>>
>>61956186
Hnnnnnnngggg
>>
>>61959274
I like it for the package management, no license key activation requirements, customizability, built in utilities that I use/like, avoiding Windows malware, choice in choosing when to upgrade, and not needing to restart after updates are installed. Those are just off the top of my head, too
>>
File: Windows 10 God Mode.png (557KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Windows 10 God Mode.png
557KB, 600x315px
>>61956186
Yes, lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that the linux does not have. You have those two buttons in the linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os
>>
>>61956420
You should write another blog post telling us all about how you dream in code and have since you were five. Stories about how you and your leet friends hacked the Gibson would also be cool.
>>
>>61959627
LInux terminal is god mode. Win desktop should be called "next button simulator".
>>
>>61960167
>replying to copypasta
>>
>>61956186
Someone, sauce please!
>>
>>61956186
If you feel like you're wasting time on configs, your DE may be to blame, not your OS/kernel.
>>
>>61956186
there is NO FUCKING WAY that this is the opinion of an actual person that started using linux at the age of 12 and has programmed a lot, because for even just one of the things you said linux is much more productive
>>
>>61956186
>I'm bored of it though. I just want a comfy easy desktop now. I wanna focus on work and not have to futz around with configurations.
install non-meme distro then
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.