[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I’m looking to buy an e-reader, and I’m not sure if I’m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

I’m looking to buy an e-reader, and I’m not sure if I’m being meme’d with 3G and other shit

What does a good e-reader need?
I got a bit turned off of kindle because no Epub support, but the competition seems a bit shitty
>>
>>61945983
I've been using a kindle paperwhite for a few years now and I don't have any problems.
Just get calibre to manage your local ebooks and it will automatically convert everything to the format your device needs before transferring it.
>>
>>61945983
What is the purpose of an e-reader? So many tablets have the functionality and more, great battery life and comfortable in the hands, access to different libraries as well as a variety of reader apps for different purposes or mediums.
>>
>>61946213
>So many tablets have the functionality and more
The important feature is the e-ink display that is really easy on the eye.

>great battery life
Most e-readers can go weeks without recharging. I don't know of any tablets that can do that.

>comfortable in the hands
E-readers are usually very light compared to tablets, which is a plus for many.
>>
>>61946213
>>61946249
It's also way cheaper. Especially for people who just want to read books and not play mobile games.
>>
>>61945983
BEST GUIDE FOR BUYING AN ELECTRONIC READER DEVICE
Are you an Amerifat and/or invested into the Amazon ecosystem (Prime member, buy regularly from them and so on)?
Y: get the Kindle e-readear you can afford with your money
N: get the Kobo e-readear you can afford with your money
>>
>>61946267
Not American, but I don’t know if I want page buttons, or if 300 ppi is noticeably better than 265.

I went to a couple of stores to see what they looked like, but all of the models were off or locked, or something else because nobody gives a shit about e-readers
>>
>>61946347
Go check them at the official retailers:
https://gl.kobobooks.com/pages/retailers
>>
>>61945983
Nook Simple Touch. With or without glowlight, depending on your preferences. Wifi, reads epubs, and allows you to side load up to 32GB of shit (yes, even pirated stuff).

DON'T get the new Nook Glowlight, as that limits how much you can sideload to like 5GB.
>>
>>61946387
>side load up to 32GB of shit (yes, even pirated stuff)
You can do that with Amazon shit too. I have yet to buy a single book from them.
>>
>>61946380
I can tell you’ve never set foot inside a jb hi-fi
>>
>>61946396
Yeah, but OP said he didn't want amazon due to epub.

I was only making the recommendation based on the limitations he gave.
>>
>>61946413
Epub conversion isn't really an issue when you're probably using Calibre anyway.
>>
>>61946413
You can’t just add files to a kobo?
>>
>>61946428
>I got a bit turned off of kindle because no Epub support

Again, it was his limitations. Not mine.
>>
>>61946435
Dunno. Probably. You can for the Nook Simple Touch, too, though. And you can get one of those for like 30 bucks on ebay.
>>
>visit ebay
>they are selling nooks and shit for like 30 bucks
>shipping is like 40 bucks
>a 5 year old kindle is like 100 bucks if I buy domestic
Life ain't easy.
>>
>>61946513
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barnes-Noble-Nook-Simple-Touch-2GB-Wi-Fi-6in-Black-/192278655047?epid=103171318&hash=item2cc4b37047:g:bVoAAOSweARZc9GF

12 bucks with 7 for shipping.
>>
>>61946513
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barnes-Noble-Nook-Simple-Touch-2GB-Wi-Fi-6in-Black-/192274073432?epid=103171318&hash=item2cc46d8758:g:9vsAAOSw74VZjcLy

Free shipping. 22 bucks. Just "Price+Shipping: Lowest," and then click "Buy it Now."
>>
File: aaaa.png (5KB, 664x120px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.png
5KB, 664x120px
>>61946536
I wish. Still cheaper than most I've seen though.

>>61946550
That one doesn't even ship to my country.
>>
>>61946556
Didn't know you were in Sweden.
>>
>>61946573
Yeah sorry. That's my bad.
>>
>>61946556
That's still only 38 bucks. Not too bad, all things considered, seeing as how you said you were getting 30 bucks on average. That's only 8 bucks shipping.
>>
>>61946599
True. I was looking to get a Kobo rather than a Nook but I might have to expand my horizons a bit.
>>
>>61946189

same thing here. Works well for me
>>
>>61946620
how much does the nook give battery life on wifi, I plan to read these chinese LN online on a e-reader and also anything else I should know like if its a bad choice for this or nah
>>
>>61946387
>Nook Simple Touch
Looks cheap, is it worth it?
>>
>>61949377
Me and the wife both have one from 2011 or 2012. Battery meter is kind of messed up on mine, but I didn't turn it off and left it plugged in for months. Other than that, both are still going strong.

Battery will last you weeks and it feels really great.
>>
>>61949451
Performance, and support for different formats are good as well, right?
>>
>>61949478
It's a 100 dollar book from 2012. Its performance is nothing to write home about, but it's solid. Format support is a search away, but I haven't had issues with anything but kindle stuff.
>>
>>61949585
can I read these chinese LN online with a full charge for whole day on wifi?
>>
>>61949698
Don't know what those are, but it's android based, and rootable. Presuming they are in the right formats, I don't see why not.
>>
>>61949698
Yes. If they are side loaded PDFs, definitely. But there is no web browser unless you root it.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.