[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low Level Programming Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1462258873523.jpg (79KB, 960x675px) Image search: [Google]
1462258873523.jpg
79KB, 960x675px
How comfy would a lower level focused job like writing drivers be? I just hate web development. It's not comfy tier.
>>
Very comfy.
Very very fucking comfy.
>>
>>61943932
Very comfy. In general, the most stressful part is interfacing with very insecure EEs, but you won't have that issue at a typical company. Why people think this is black magic is beyond me.
>>
>>61944243
Do you have any tips or any good resources you'd recommend for learning about stuff like that? All I've ever done is just simple Python scripts, programming something like drivers is really interesting to me.
>>
>>61943932
It's maximum comfy. It's also one of the very few software engineering positions that I see staffed mostly by older programmers (like 35+). Programming has a terrible and somewhat true stereotype of age-bias, but programming embedded systems, drivers, etc. seems to be immune to it, at least from my experience.

>>61944514
I don't have any specific resources, but I'd recommend learning C, shell scripting, and the *nix toolkit (like awk, sed, grep, etc.)
>>
>>61943932
It's just as dumb ans stupid as web-dev, if you have necessary technical specification for hardware you working on, all you need is just to translate irqs from hardware to OS using different protocols and interfaces such as HID, USB, i2c and so forth. The only difference, there're less people involved in the area and you can feel yourself better than others.
>>
Sounds fucking chill
Glad I'm learning C right now.
>>
>>61943932
It can be fun but many low level shops/teams are stuck in the past and
conservative.
>>
>>61945168
>many low level shops/teams are stuck in the past and conservative.
Sounds like my kind of place.
>>
>>61943973
>>61944243
>>61944544
>>61945090
>>61945187
do any of you actually work embedded systems? literally everyone I've ever met that's done it says it's the most frustrating thing on the planet.
>>
>>61944544
It's because it is hard and they stopped teaching C on University when they moved to Java and python.
>>61945290
It's hell if you have to switch chip sets often. Also you have to deal with constant hell where sometimes you just have hardware errors which trickle up to software.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.