[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YouTube Downloader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: YouTube-Video-Downloader[1].jpg (27KB, 574x430px) Image search: [Google]
YouTube-Video-Downloader[1].jpg
27KB, 574x430px
What's a good way to download videos from sites that don't have specific download links available? I'm using Chrome so I can't use the Firefox downloader extensions.

I hate how YouTube streams in chunks now instead of just buffering the entire video at once. It used to be you could open a 30 minute video, select your preferred resolution, and do something else. When you came back the video would be 100% buffered and you could watch all the way through. Now it only buffers a minute or two ahead then stops.

So is there a good way to download videos so I don't have to put up with this streaming bullshit? I recently moved and my internet is dogshit for the next two weeks until the good ISP can come out.

I ask because the websites that come up when I search for video downloader seem pretty sketchy.
>>
>>61943239
youtube-dl
>>
>>61943239
youtube-dl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g07pdPE8EY

sudo apt-get install youtube-dl
Also windows versions available if you're a winfag.
>>
>>61943292
even a gui is available
https://github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui
>>
>>61943339
You're the best. Thanks Anon!
>>
>>61943292
>>sudo apt-get install youtube-dl
you might wanna get it manually instead of using your distro's repos. it has its own updater (pass -U) and there's (very) frequent changes to keep it working with popular sites.
>>
>>61943239
Why did they change it? Security reason or somethn?
>>
>>61943339
>Using a gooey
Pleb
>>
Jdownloader
>>
F12 change your user agent to any phone browser and there's your DL link.
>>
>>61943239
>Using a program instead of a site to download YouTube videos
>>
Just use fetchy.io and stop whining
>>
>>61943239
idm
>>
>>61943247
/thread

Works best if you got ffmpeg installed and install it in a
virtualenv
imo.
>>
You can use mpv with youtube-dl to stream YouTube videos without having to save the video, and you'll still be able to buffer the video to 100%.
>>
4K Video Downloader is best
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.