[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any isps that don't track you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (11KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11KB, 360x270px
its all in the title. are there any tho? i know about vpn and proxy options but in my case i cannot use those
>>
>>61943087
Huh, how would we know? You realize ISPs necessarily know all you request / receive? Same as your postal service necessarily knows what packages you send/receive. What is hard to gauge is if they record what you do and in what detail and who they share that information with.
>>
>>61943087
What do you mean by that?
ISPs in Polamd are required by law to store some data about customers for 2 years or more. They commonly store connection established states.
Check your local telecommunications law.

You don't reslly know how the Internet works, don't you
>>
>>61943087
tldr; no. get a VPN.
>>
>>61943448
This. If you're not assuming everything you so is visible to everyone, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>61943087
it doesn't matter. all traffic goes through the internet's backbone. they can get you no matter what.
>>
no. i work for a top 10 ISP in US and we don't actively track anything aside from basic usage (for billing) or if your IP gets hit from a torrent from downloading illegal stuff. otherwise we don't give a fuck.

the only exception is of course a police request for your personal info (which btw is very easy to look up from your IP).
>>
>>61944520
>your ip
Lol someone bout to get fired for incompetence if you're not lying
>>
>>61944520
Where do I find what is and isn't an illegal torrent only looking through isp service logs?
>>
>>61943087
ISPs are literally the man in the middle
The only way they can stop tracking you is to cut off your service.
>>
>>61944552

I think in very, very, very, very rare cases do ISP ever track direct downloads. They do not have the time and money to verify the trillions of files sent over their network. Infact, ISPs don't even pay attention to torrents, they're are companies (either the studios themselves or companies they hire) that look at the torrent swarm and basically make a shotgun guess.

So really, you'l never know if some company is part of the swarm when you download. Use a private tracker.
>>
>>61944590
Alternatively, you could just use a VPN or proxy.
>>
>>61943087
Just Trust Us Communications Inc.
>>
>>61944538
No, that's common knowledge.
>>
test
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.