[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Louis Rossman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

I'm trying to start up my own PC side-business repairing older business class machines I bought on ebay, and selling them locally. It wouldn't pay all my bills, but on top of working it's a nice chunk of cash. Every time I watch a video by this guy I'm blown away by the shit he knows how to do that I've never even heard of.

I'm A+ certified and know my way around a soldering iron. That's about the extent of my skillset. Where the hell would I go, besides college, to learn the kind of shit that he pulls off on his webseries?
>>
>>61941345
He talked about how he did a lot of tutorial videos, maybe you should start with those.
>>
File: rosser laptop.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rosser laptop.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>61941345

he literally has a video explaining what to do
>>
>>61941493
jesus christ it's already dead
>>
File: ross-man.png (272KB, 601x1016px) Image search: [Google]
ross-man.png
272KB, 601x1016px
>>61941493

>blocks your path

What do you do, /g/?
>>
File: DSC00269.jpg (89KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00269.jpg
89KB, 1600x1065px
>>61941550
here boy! fetch!
>>
>>61941493
Context?
>>
>>61941610
The laptop fell behind on its "protection" payments.
>>
>>61941550
why are his pants so high up
>>
File: rosser desktop.png (323KB, 852x479px) Image search: [Google]
rosser desktop.png
323KB, 852x479px
is his desktop patrician?
>>
>I'm blown away by the shit he knows how to do

Motherboard repair is pajeet tier work. Nothing spectacular.
>>
>>61941610
it was one his relative's laptop who kept exploiting him i iirc
the dude didn't pick it up for several months or years so it was considered abandoned by the business, so it was a perfect moment for him to destroy it
>>
>>61941345
A++ lol, the best you can do with a cert is some shit job fixing computers or doing tech support.
>>
>>61941345
I think you should watch the video where he specifically explains why this business model would not work for "older business class machines."
>>
>>61941703
Yes. Nothing riced or neatly arranged to look cool. Chick on the desktop to let people know he's not a fag, but no weird weaboo shit with lolis or gaping anuses.
>>
>>61941742
If the offending part is visually busted, sure. If everything on the board looks fine, diagnosing isn't pajeet tier. You have to have at least basic knowledge of circuits and testing them.
>>
>>61941909
Would you care to post a link?

Also I'm not doing mobo repair on those, I'm just finding salvage that might have a cracked screen or missing ram, sinking about $60 into it, and selling it for like $200, I make about 90 bucks on each machine, it's not much but to throw a SO-DIMM and a hard drive into a machine was almost no work, so who care?
>>
>>61941345
I use to do something similar to what your describing but with smartphones when I was in college in 2009. I use to buy broken HTC and iphones, fix them up and sell them overseas on ebay. It's easier/profitable to fix apple devices since it's easier to find the software to test the hardware and the error codes can be found online. Also apple products do a better job at maintaining their value. Also it was easy to find some of the chips online through alibaba so you don't have to buy a second phone to get parts from.

IDK if computers are worth it, I use to buy thinkpads in bulk from lenovo depot and upgrade them by adding ram+SSD and selling them on ebay and the margins were low. Only reason I did it was because it was easy money.
>>
>>61941949
>You have to have at least basic knowledge of circuits and testing them.

That was exactly what I meant. Diagnostic steps aren't rocket science.
>>
>>61942133
I've seen the poo in loos that come out to fix my internet. Apparently it is.
>>
>>61942043
>only reason I did it was because it was easy money

Exactly, Thinkpads are my bread and butter, I also deal in Latitudes & EliteBooks, as well as anything someone brings me for disposal, I run the numbers on it and if I can sell it for more than 40% then I put into it I'll buy it & the parts

It's honestly mostly for fun, I enjoy it
>>
>>61941963
Louis has about a hundred thousand videos, so no I can't post a link.

The gist of it is this: People are willing to pay $400 to repair a $2000 Macbook. The same cannot be said of old Lenovo and HP laptops.

The problem with your business model is that the time value you invest in buying, repairing, advertising, and selling these machines will almost certainly outstrip your tiny profit margin. That's before we even get into dealing with customers.
>>
>>61942252
>Louis has about a hundred thousand videos

Why the furrark do you think I haven't seen the video you're talking about then?
>>
>>61942270
Because you're asking me to post a link to it?
>>
>>61942282
People in the thread seem to think I've seen every single one of his videos, and that he has one which answers my exact question. Which admittedly he probably has, problem is he has so damn many I can't watch, or even search through them all.

>>61941493
>>61941531
>>61941433
>>61941909
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.