[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite HTML editing tool anon? I'm just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0420.png (3KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0420.png
3KB, 227x222px
What's your favorite HTML editing tool anon? I'm just starting out here and already lost by the ridiculous amount of choices
>>
>>61937995
Sublime text.

I'm a JavaScript (ECMA7) developer.
>>
>>61937995
You mean you want to manually edit actual HTML code?.....why?
>>
No one hand writes HTML anymore
>>
>>61938139
In the real world people still do. Ever heard of websites?
>>
>>61937995
vim and a fucking web browser.

>>61938139
i do. wysisyg editors are much harder to use unless you don't know how to write html, and if you're creating webpages, you really should be able to write html.
>>
>>61938155
>>61938193

You write in a less shit language and then convert to HTML you silly noobs.

HTML is such a clusterfuck of a language even a simple website will quickly turn into an unmaintainable mess.
>>
>>61938155
I am, indeed, attempting to build a website. I'm starting my first year as an application- and mediadeveloper student next month and the book I had to get basically insinuates I need to just download a random HTML editor and start from there. The book will act as a guideline.

Thanks, I will give sublimetext a go :)
>>
>>61938193
I've never seen any good websites but I've seen plenty of good apps put together in some guy building tool. Explain yourself
>>
>>61937995
I use Kate as my editor (not limited to HTML)
>>
>>61938396
If you want to be able to read page source in a browser, you need to know html. You can't make a good precompiler for a markup/-down language because it will inherently be constrained to the abilities of the language it compiles into. there's no reason not to just use html directly. from a capabilities standpoint, html is very useful yet not bloated. if you don't like how it's written in the style of xhtml, then you have a reason not to want to use it.

css is what's wrong with web design and what makes pages hard to change. html, on the other habd, has aged very well.
>>
>>61938155
Actually most people write jsx using a flavour of the month JavaScript frontend
>>
>>61938540
>If you want to be able to read page source in a browser, you need to know html.

>What is pretty output?

But why would you want to real HTML anyways?
Like I said: you shouldn't be maintaining HTML.

>there's no reason not to just use html directly.

- mixing layout with content, making both difficult to edit.
- can't split a page into separate files (header, footer, etc) causing an even bigger mess.
- using tags that are hard to read by humans in the first place.

>css is what's wrong with web design

You shouldn't be manually writing plain CSS either.
>>
jesus christ is this thread full of inane comments

>>61937995
vim, vscode, emacs, whatever you prefer
>>
>>61937995
Brackets are great for learning web (html, css, javascript). Would recommend it as a baby's first text editor.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.