[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does non-shit forum software exist out in the wild? Just want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: notribbit.png (21KB, 1063x776px) Image search: [Google]
notribbit.png
21KB, 1063x776px
Does non-shit forum software exist out in the wild? Just want an absolutely minimal framework that:

>isn't an imageboard, textboard, etc
>allows for anonymous posting
>doesn't have any cancer social media integration
>flat design, minimal UX/UI
>able to disable avatars and other identifying features

Bonus points for:
>zero PHP use
>integration of key exchanges for access

Really don't want to hack something together myself. Picture not really related, I don't think.
>>
>zero PHP use
kek enjoy your node.js cancer
>>
>>61933117
> what is python
>>
>>61932451
>IRC since 1988
now fuck off
>>
>>61933260
>check out my other preferred language which is even worse
>>
>>61933117
>>61933260
Javascript is whatever in the end, but I don't really care as long as I can avoid the miss steak that is PHP.

>>61933332
>IRC
>forum
>anonymous
Good work today.
>>
>>61933381
>forum
>a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"
>anonymous
>most channels don't require registration
you are low on internet culture, get some at wikipedia first then come here to talk with the big boys.
>>
File: 1498709384749.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498709384749.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>61933454
>quotes a verbatim, nearly unrelated definition
>can't use contextual clues in the first post to figure out just what was obviously meant
>being able to throw up a channel on a network without registration is the same as anonymous discussion
>thinks that even with a hostmask that IRC is in any way anonymous

I want /v/ to go.
>>
>>61933376
>even worse
Python is mediocre, but PHP is quite possibly the worst programming language in existence, and Javascript is easily in the bottom 10.
>>
>>61933332
You misspelled NNTP and 1987.
>>
Can't you do all these with a standard bulletin shit?
>>
>>61932451
>integration of key exchanges for access
What does this mean?
>>
>>61933381
IRC is basically THE definition of an anonymous forum.

its also much more secure than an HTTP based forum
>>
>>61933913
idk sounds like he wants people to authenticate with keys?

that kinda removes the whole 'anonymous' thing tho
>>
>>61932451
>Really don't want to hack something together myself.
Pay someone to do it for you.
>>
>>61932451
Forums with nonwhite countries geoblocked. I'll never tell, though.
>>
>>61932451
just use an existing one and modify it.

you really should quit now if you 'dont want to hack something together yourself' or dig out the shekels to pay someone because otherwise your going to have no idea whats going on and your forum is probably going to be buggy as hell and the first time bug you encounter will break your entire website and you will be unable to recover
>>
>>61933913
>>61933939
That's kind of why I excluded it from the core, but it'd be more like a fish key to decrypt text (so it couldn't be indexed, etc) or a single key given out to people that I'd want to allow access to.

>>61933922
>if SSL isn't enabled, everything is plaintext
>if the server allows for non-SSL traffic then one person connecting via non-secure port would fuck everything up
>doubling down on autism

>>61933963
>>61934009
Was really hoping that it would be as simple as forking some minimal meme framework instead of reinventing the wheel/putting another framework out into the wild, but I haven't been able to find anything that really meets my expectations. My real big hangup is the anonymous posting, as most just offer plugins to obfuscate the username after the fact which kind of defeats the purpose in my mind.

Writing something from scratch is probably the way I'm going to go at this point, something super simple.
>>
>>61934096
you can force ssl on irc

probably not what your looking for, but here is one
>https://engine.vichan.net/
>>
>>61932451
>Really don't want to hack something together myself.
Does anyone suffer the opposite syndrome or is it just me? I'm trying hard not to "reinvent the wheel", but all existing wheels that I look at seem to suck cock and I usually end up reinventing one anyway.
>>
discourse seems okayish.
no idea what it runs on, but the letsencrypt forums use it.
>>
>>61934123
>forcing SSL on IRC
I know, I was just meeting his shitposting with an equally retarded example head on.

And, yeah, I'm not looking to put up another imageboard. Just a super flat, simple forum for easy posting on a niche site.

>>61934170
It's a mix of laziness and not wanting to shit up github/bucket/local storage with my framework that no one is ever going to use except for me.

>>61934203
I've been looking at that and threaded, but it seems liked a pain to fix all of the areas specifically cultivated to meme up user identities and enabled anonymous posting.
>>
>>61934203
It runs on rails and the client side is bloated with javascript model view crap.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.