[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've built over a hundred computers in my life. About 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1463526242701.png (269KB, 445x334px) Image search: [Google]
1463526242701.png
269KB, 445x334px
I've built over a hundred computers in my life. About 10 a year for friends, family, and my local area for almost 10 years now. I've just about had it with everything and will probably just go back to recommending prebuilds. I'm done, I've lost patience over this crap and can't imagine how 14 year olds are building their PCs without trouble.

>Windows 10 is shit
It's shit. It doesn't even work right and it's actually slower. I have to spend an extra hour adjusting the settings so it doesn't update in the middle of the night or during a movie/game and disable all of the UI crap on it. Oh and Control Panel was removed in the last update. Fuck you Microsoft

>Latest chipsets are shit
"Let's put an m.2 slot and not have it work with anything!" Even the bios doesn't recognize it. Windows doesn't see it. Drivers don't work. Motherboard manufacturer doesn't know what the fuck to do. Chink SSD manufacturer won't respond. Seriously fuck this whole standard. It doesn't work and always gives me issues.

>Prices don't even change
Hard drives and memory prices have remained stagnant for about 4 years now. They've literally never changed in price I swear. Graphics cards traditionally go down but now thanks to miners that's not the case. Processors take like 3 years to go down in price, with the exception of the Ryzen release, but even then only the top end Intel CPUs went down maybe 20% at most!

>Jewegg treats you like shit
Given them over $100k in sales and they can't even respond to my RMA request I made 10 minutes after making a mistake order. These idiots still shipped the item and still won't respond. I'm done with them, I don't care if I get banned but I'm just doing a chargeback for the first time. They also have shipped me bad parts and won't offer a replacement, they always say go the manufacturer. Nobody else does this.
>>
>>61922909
cool blog, where can i subscribe?
>>
>>61922909
>falling for the egg meme
amazon prime or no one. newegg a SHIT
>>
fuck off faggot we're closed.
>>
>>61923264
jewegg is cheap, and I live right next to them so I basically get free overnight delivery.
>>
File: 1429567828859.gif (395KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429567828859.gif
395KB, 500x500px
>>61922909
Why do you think the official /g/ meme is Install Gentoo?
It is the solution for what ails you.

I can modify all sorts of cool shit to make 40GB 5400 RPM HDDs boot in under 30 seconds, I can mount all my media securely and remotely over a VPN established in under 30 minutes, I can virtualize without ever having to grab a web browser and download some oracle shit, I can take my eGPU with me for a little boost when I stay the night at a friend's place and pass it through if I need Windows for some vidya on the go.

tl;dr get an operating system you'll enjoy using and play with older hardware.
>>
File: romneyreich.jpg (15KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
romneyreich.jpg
15KB, 450x300px
>>61923383
>I can modify all sorts of cool shit to make 40GB 5400 RPM HDDs boot in under 30 seconds, I can mount all my media securely and remotely over a VPN established in under 30 minutes, I can virtualize without ever having to grab a web browser and download some oracle shit, I can take my eGPU with me for a little boost when I stay the night at a friend's place and pass it through if I need Windows for some vidya on the go.

cool. now try doing that without wanting to kill yourself 5 times and sobbing uncontrollably over everything breaking every 10 seconds.
>>
File: 1452354292791.png (246KB, 1136x717px) Image search: [Google]
1452354292791.png
246KB, 1136x717px
>>61923470
Have it your way.
Windows is really just crapware with ads that has a software environment people are stuck with because they've never tried anything else.
>>
>>61923470
like you have friends
>>
File: file.png (69KB, 820x516px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
69KB, 820x516px
>>61922909
Control Panel is still there, just type it directly on the explorer.
>>
>>61922909
Just so you know, every single time someone rants on /g/, they're going to call you shit and say its your fault

waste of time.
>>
>>61922909
>Prices
Yeah that was shitty because AMD blew it with Bulldozer and Intel took advantage of it.

Glad AMD is back, Ryzen builds are fun to do [spoiler]unless it doesn't accept your ram. [/spoiler]
>>
>>61927448
fuck I forgot I wasn't on /v/
>>
>>61927367

this, and that's what i've been doing for a long time now. been running win 10 since it was free.

still run it for free on my laptop and work pc, just has the annoying watermark.
>>
>>61923470
So you're retarded?
>>
>>61927367
Even then, you can just click "All Programs," "Windows System" and it's right there.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.