[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Google Controvacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 36

File: STEM.jpg (179KB, 971x921px) Image search: [Google]
STEM.jpg
179KB, 971x921px
>Scalping by fellow female workers
>Cannot be alone, or false rape accusations
>Nearly going bankrupt from poor funding allegations
>Getting fired for not holding the same ideology as your boss
>hiring people because they are black or not male
>when you are fired by google, they blacklist you and thus shut down any possibility to be hired in future
When will we agree that neo-liberalism is damaging STEM?

>inb4 - its a private business they can do what they want with their workers
The fact that he was fired only reinforces his point, thus making it more credible.
>inb4 - why should i care
because when meritocracy dies, so does the capacity for competent tech. Imagine a world where GNU is programmed by a mediocre pajeet java developer.
>inb4 - go away /pol/
I'm not /pol/. Go away /lefty/
>inb4 - this thread is irrelevant to the board
Not really considering that it has to do with the computer tech and science industry as a whole, and the effect that having a heavy left-leaning bias will have on on the industry, its workers, and its future.
>>
>4x inb4
You don't have to post here to have a conversation with yourself.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>61920825
>When will we agree
never, people will never agree on anything, that's the point of a democratic discussion
Unless the topic is that OP sucks dicks, which most of can agree except you, OP
>>
>>61920825
>GNU is programmed by a mediocre
Well, systemd, one of the most important piece of modern Linux, made by Poeterring.
>>
>>61921056
>never, people will never agree on anything, that's the point of a democratic discussion
if a democracy never agrees on anything, then it is like an immovable rock.

The real point of this thread is to agree that this is the case: that lefty bias is ruining STEM, and then try to find solutions or tricks to avoid getting in trouble.
>>
>>61920825
Why is this a bad thing? He should have been fired because he was being a pretentious little primadonna and wasting millions' of peoples' valuable time with his emotionally charged irrational screed.

You right wingers fire gays for being gay all over the country. You fags started it. It's not our fault that lefties make better tech companies that you want to work for. You don't fucking run things kid, and never will because nobody cool and good wants to work for assholes like you.
>>
File: 1494488838030.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494488838030.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>61921122
>>
>>61921103
Invalid argument

Its literally not GNU and has nothing to do with it
>>
>>61920825
At the very least you could have posted the actual memo to start the discussion. https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf
>>
>>61921145
facing reality is hard for you, know
>>
>>61921213
When will these alt-right fags realize that they are the orcs in this story?
>>
>>61920825
>Make study women are better programmer because gets more accepted changes.

> accepted changes are correction in documentation.
>>
Is that a tranny
>>
>>61920825
OP can't inb4.
>>
>>61921256
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: bait.jpg (40KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
40KB, 699x637px
>>61921122
>>61921213
there is always a leftie that tries to derail threads like this, scream what do you want, you are fucked anyway
>>
>Controvacy
I know this thread already has enough derailing but, really?
>>
>>61921398
How am I "fucked" again? I'm not the prissy little primadonna who threw a public shitfit and got fired from my job.
>>
>>61921122

Obvious bait, but i'll ask you right now: Did you actually read the document in its entirety? Which lines constituted an "emotionally charged irrational screed"? Do you know how that document became public knowledge?
>>
>>61921464
Yes. I actually read that shit.

Presenting something arguable as an axiom doesn't magically make it true just because you put a bullet point next to it, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>61921424
>controversy
happy now?
>>
>>61921213
for you, know
>>
File: 1483725661200.png (62KB, 1102x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1483725661200.png
62KB, 1102x1100px
>>61920825
>inb4
>inb4
>inb4
>inb4
Damage controlling in the OP so hard.
>>
File: 1502384135116.png (97KB, 165x211px) Image search: [Google]
1502384135116.png
97KB, 165x211px
>>61920825
Real shit, I'm considering moving to the Bay Area next year. Do people there really pick apart someone's speech like this IRL? If so, I feel like I'll be a bull in a china shop.
>>
>>61921490
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7AfpveMJ0
>yes i actually ready that shit
sure ya did bub. Mind listing some of the points that weren't reported on?
>Presenting something arguable as an axiom doesn't magically make it true
but statistics sure do. You could argue it if you want, but arguing against his points in a counter-memo would be more constructive than simply firing him and screeeeing at his memo.
>>
>>61921490
Easy there with that hate speech friend, wouldn't want your leftist friends at google to give you another dunking in the estrogen tank.
>>
>>61920825
>idpol
>neoliberalism
You know you should really look up the definitions of words before using them.
Those are literally opposed ideologies.
>>
>>61921530
>Do people there really pick apart someone's speech like this IRL?
yep.
Survey: is it majority women, are there trans co-workers, are moderate/middle-right views looked down upon. If any of these hold true then you better shut your fucking trap white-boi.
>>
>>61921490

The document was written and compiled as an argument, not a falsifiable theory of relativity. There was no charged or incentive language in the document either. Which "arguments" in that document were presented as axioms in your opinion?
>>
>>61920825
>IT
>STEM
nice meme
>>
>>61921576
>mfw frenchfag who would just speak my mind and not care about your illogical feelings about it
Perhaps I should stay here.
That seems crazy.
>>
>>61921566
sorry.
>>
>>61921603
It's fine anon. The more Yuno.
>>
>>61921599
hope you like seweer-work anon.
That's where your going if you have an opinion in the IdPol USA
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 478x354px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 478x354px
>>61921621
>>
>>61920825
I finally understand why that poltard ran a car into a crowd of people like this
>>
>>61921625
Feels really weird, over here people would rather discuss politics than the amount of money they earn.
I hope this idpol cancer never becomes that mainstream here. We already have some 3rd wave feminist imports, but at least people discuss the fucking thing instead of building industry wide echo chambers.
>>
>>61921691
>antifa
>people
pick a single one
>>
>>61921692
>I hope this idpol cancer never becomes that mainstream here.
I do too. otherwise those french classes were a waste of my time.
>>
>>61921585
And answer to that argument was, "Get the fuck out of Google, you moron."

Is that not already clear?

I don't have to engage point-by-point with his bunch of horseshit ideas based on absolutely no evidence. His "citations" were just footnotes in his own words. Maybe they would have tricked someone who is functionally illiterate, but they usually give STEMlord Engineering students like you remedial rhetoric classes so it's not too difficult for you.
>>
>>61921576
I'm nervous... the move is pretty much set in stone and I am trying to envision how interviews and everything will go. I have a good skillset/resume, but I'm worried about being too hardened by living on the east coast to get around "culture" issues.

I mean seriously, what do they call sanity testing out there? Convenience testing?
>>
>>61921722
>His "citations" were just footnotes in his own words.
You read the gizmodo edited version you uninformed git. He links to studies in the actual document.
>>
>>61921122
Firing someone for being gay is literally illegal. The mentally ill who got fired can get enough money in court to be settled for a life of sucking cocks (he will be dead by thirty due to a couple of dozens STDs though).

Source or kill yourself you shit tier baiter.
>>
>>61921530
Don't silicon valley tech "culture" is alive and well. Every one and their fucking grandma is trying to get funding for whatever is hyped at the time.
>>
>>61921722
Anon. Doubling down on lies when people called them out is not helping you. Saying it louder is never going to make it true, but then again, you seem to be siding with the authoritarians on this one, so I guess it's already too late for you.
>>
>>61921733
"25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" - Matthew 6

Don't worry anon, don't be nervous either.
Be cautious and see first if the firm you are working at holds a left-leaning bias. Enact a political litmus test to determine the leaning of the company. If they hold a heavy left leaning bias then consider whether the pay is worth the self-censorship. If working in an environment and not being able to speak your mind makes you unhappy, then consider finding an alternative location or employer who will let you speak your mind. Money is nice and all but never let it get in the way of what makes you happy.
>>
>>61921764
Which way will he go next? Backpedal, deflect, ad hominem, move the goal post, save face and leave? My money is on ad hominem. It's a lefttards favorite
>>
>>61921398
>there's always a lefty trying to derail irrelevant /pol/ shitposts like this

Oh no
>>
>>61921838
this desu.
>>
>>61921490
>Science is wrong because I don't like it.
The modern left everyone, ignoring settled science about race and gender differences and throwing a tantrum Everytime someone points them to this settled science.

But somehow the right is the one ignoring science. Inb4 "some right-winger once said that it isn't clear to him that mankind can affect climate".
>>
>>61921867
If you have a problem with /pol/ leaking, why wouldn't you also have a problem with baiters who drive activity in those threads?
>>
>>61920825
If you were intelligent you wouldn't even consider working for Google. Problem solved.
>>
>>61921889
because he is one of those baiters, lefties are hypocrites has fuck
>>
>>61921764
kek, now that I'm looking at those, it's even worse.

I would fail him for turning that paper in to a Freshman Rhetoric course.

He's an ass.
>>
>>61921818
>someone for being gay is literally illegal
only in 20 states.
>>
>>61921916
So no refutation.
Got that. Thank you for admitting you're wrong.
Get fucked.
>>
>>61921916
>I would fail him
An actual professor gave it an A- at the graduate studies level.

Please go back to making up facts. Your opinions aren't entertaining when they're accidentally ignorant.
>>
File: 70e.jpg (29KB, 567x565px) Image search: [Google]
70e.jpg
29KB, 567x565px
>>61921916
>dismissing scientific literature when you didn't even had time to read it since your last post
>>
>>61921929
Sure.

And among them is certainly not California since there you can get fired for having the wrong thoughts.
>>
>>61921892
roblem is google is affiliated to about a million other companies who are also tech giants.
If you work for any affiliated companies and get into trouble there, you will still be blacklisted.
>>
>>61921885
"Science" isn't a monolithic thing that can be "right" or "wrong"

I realize that you grew up arguing that "the Bible" said a thing. You don't get to just replace "the Bible" with "Science" in sentences.

How stupid are you?
>>
>>61920825
>Imagine a world where GNU is programmed by a mediocre pajeet java developer.
I don't need to imagine that, that is reality. After all , how do you think autotools came into existence.
>>
>>61921933
He cites random theories on Wikipedia and literally fake studies claiming to be from teams including Estonian academics and professors who have Wikipedia stubs but aren't listed on the department at the uni they are supposed to be at. It's a fractal of ridiculous horseshit. The closer I look, the better it gets.
>>
>>61921973
Where did you get the Bible from? I was raised in a pretty much atheistic household.

Also I never claimed that science was "right" I just pointed out the mountain of evidence against you. The term "settled science" is a term used by left wing regards to argue against biology I used it ironically newfag.
>>
>>61921957
[citation needed]
>>
>>61920825
>when you are fired by google, they blacklist you and thus shut down any possibility to be hired in future
Wikileaks offered him a job and so did a Gab.ai (offered to match his google salary) which is a newer free speech focused twitter clone.
>>
>>61922010
>studies published in major journals
>one of the most quote heavy articles in the psychology part of wikipedia
Stop trolling.
>>
>>61922025
Thank you, that's much better. Stick to the tried and true Anon.
>>
>>61922010
Surely the academics who reviewed his paper and found it to be adequate are in the wrong here.

The science is AGAINST you.
>>
>>61922057
[citation needed]
>>
>>61921916
Rhetoric has nothing to do with science. It's usually some generalist prerequisite class for English or philosophy, which about shows how useful it is
>>
>>61922066
http://quillette.com/2017/08/07/google-memo-four-scientists-respond/
[citation given]
>>
>>61921842
Unexpectedly nice response, thanks Anon!
>>
>>61922021
>backpedaling this hard
kek
>>
>>61922067
>english isn't useful
>>
>>61922097
I'm planning on working in IT in the future myself. Just giving heads up to a fellow bro.
>>
>>61921973
If you can't accept that the right is retarded too then you're just as bad as the libtards.
>>
>>61922098
I never backpedaled on anything.

You are just out of arguments.
>>
>>61922039
I'm astounded Gab.ai have the ability to match his previous salary. I'd take that position in a heartbeat.
>>
>>61922134
Meant for
>>61921885
>>
>>61922111
It's not. If you actually got a degree in English you probably slacked off during your college career and expect mommy and daddy to support you for the rest of your life. Its a good measure of who's going to be a free rider
>>
>>61922145
The dude has very marketable skills and he was rated the highest in most of his performance reviews at Google.

Not poaching him would be stupid.
>>
>>61922150
My point was not about left vs. right.

I was saying that the left is clearly in the wrong here and "the right does it too" is not a defense for that.
>>
>>61922088
>quillette dot com
k, don't care. That's not a peer reviewed source.
>>
>>61921576
What's this about white boi traps?
>>
>>61920825
Are you fookin' serious?
I'll be as ableist as I fookin' well like.
>>
>>61922010

If you watch the Jordan Peterson interview of the Google employee (in which they go over the memo in its entirety line by line), you would be very wrong in this regard. If you don't have time to watch the video I would implore you to at least review the video description in which Jordan links to over three dozen studies related to the topics covered by the memo. Regardless though, it's interesting to see your confirmation bias in play to defend your position. Thanks for at least attempting to bolster your opinion with some last minute research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEDuVF7kiPU
>>
>>61922188
>i want peer reviewed sources but i reserve the right to ignore any peer reviewed evidence for no reason
You're an idiot.
>>
>>61922145
They crowd funded like $500k last month, it's definitely catching on on the right.
>>
>>61922188
>I DONT LIKE THE FACTS IF THE FACTS ARE WRONG.

I hope no one lets you near higher education Anon.

Also the article IS A "PEER" REVIEW. The scientists are AGAINST you.
>>
>>61922154
Actually, humanities and liberal arts does it's filtering process through the whole of the undergraduate track and the actual career training doesn't start until graduate school. You are probably an Engineer. They do their filtering in the first two years and then do the career training in the second two years, because you are just a glorified tradesman that can run through a few equations.
>>
>>61921122
>lefties make better tech companies

You mean men. Men make better tech companies.

When those tech companies are all up and running and successful, the women complain that they were unfairly treated because they don't have what other have despite not having worked for it.
They then demand entry on the basis of vagina instead of merit and lo and behold, it's slowly becoming infested with good for nothing women that can't do what the company is supposed to be doing.

Then O’Sullivan’s law comes into effect.
>>
>>61920825
why is her username removed?
fucking plebbitor
>>
>>61922238
Good thing that you don't get a job with humanities anyway, lol.

And you realize that only after years of studying bullshit.
>>
File: rice-small-penis-557x198.jpg (24KB, 557x198px) Image search: [Google]
rice-small-penis-557x198.jpg
24KB, 557x198px
>>61922237
>he really thinks that some random no-name blog post matters and is credible
>>
>>61922145
The benefits though, jewgle has lots of benefits
>>
>>61922251
The first programming language was invented by a woman.
>>
>>61922275
The scientists matter.

Scientists are disagreeing with you, the format is irrelevant to the argument. That is something you learn when you are a child.

Please NEVER go into higher education.
>>
>>61922275
>interviews of behavioral psychologists
>noname blog
Stop digging anon, you're deep enough already.
>>
>>61922275
yes we know that lefties doesn't read or like anything that is sightly against their beliefs, and that is a big part of why that employer got fired, keep ignoring, that doesn't change reality
>>
>>61922251
THIS
>>
>>61921122
Having a PhD allows you to be a little pretentious.
He build a 10 pages memo with a fucking gigantic disclaimer for people who might felt triggered saying this was nothing to do with their feelings. Stil, they fell for it, still, he was fired.
>>
>>61922301
>muh outlier
>>
>>61922261
i took it off an image search.
Look for similar images, you may find the user you are looking for.
>>
>>61922301
Source?
>>
File: the-illustrated-guide-to-a-phd1.jpg (372KB, 2508x1970px) Image search: [Google]
the-illustrated-guide-to-a-phd1.jpg
372KB, 2508x1970px
>>61922348
>Having a PhD allows you to be a little pretentious.
>>
>>61921929
>only in 20 states.
In all states.
The other states mostly have what is called at will employment. Meaning if you are doing a shit job the boss can fire you at will. If the boss were to fire you for being gay, it would still violate your constitutional rights and you could sue and would easily win.

But most people who believe that just want to pretend gays are treated worse in the US then Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>61922443
Common fucking knowledge. Get the fuck out of /g/. You don't belong here.
>>
>>61920825
u say not /pol but act like /pol
>>
>>61922496
Nope. Common fucking knowledge isn't proof.

It was common knowledge that the earth was flat at some time in history, doesn't make it true.
>>
>>61922478
>iANAL shitposting
cool

story

bro
>>
>>61922520
>It was common knowledge that the earth was flat at some time in history, doesn't make it true.
No, it wasn't.
>>
>>61922550
Hint: common knowledge is not dictated by what intellectuals know is true.

Otherwise we wouldn't be having this argument. Experts know that climate change is caused by humans and that women are more prone to neuroticism.
>>
>>61922532
No refutation.
Just baseless dismissal in the face of facts because I know i'm right.
The left is useless.
>>
>>61922496
I hate to break it to you but common knowledge is not a source.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_programming_languages#First_programming_languages
Zuse is mentioned here very early, but I can't find anything about a woman inventing a programming language.

Some women appears to have described "instructions" for a machine which one might call a computer program. But she did NOT invent a language just "programmed" a machine where the "instruction set" was already given.
>>
File: 86307[1].jpg (327KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
86307[1].jpg
327KB, 1680x1050px
>>61922570
>Experts know that climate change is caused by humans
The Mayans believed the sun was a God who was being skinned alive as it set because of them, and the Mayan chief regularly had to stick a stingray barb through his dick to save it.

""""Scientists""""" have been saying the world will be underwater in the next 20 years if we don't do X political thing since the 1960's.

Pic related was a good example of that shit back in the 90's-2000's. Left was pushing hard about how Florida would be underwater by 2012 unless we all started driving hybrid cars.
>>
>>61922496
You're thinking of Grace Hopper, and no, she didn't invent the first programming language. FORTRAN preceded it, and was made at IBM by John Backus.

Here's a link BTW to the commit from OP's image:
https://github.com/django/django/commit/dcdef1fe2ec59a7aeca39efc5a29f0d238d0c560
>>
>>61922477

Just because it has a shitty graphic attached to it doesn't make it true.

By this logic, only politicians should make decisions, right? Because the people haven't specialized in anything else.
>>
>>61922663
>he thinks indigenous mythologies were literal beliefs

Only a fundie...
>>
>>61920825
pathetic

thought that on the top of the board says /g/ not /pol/
>>
>>61922663
You're on mount stupid right now
>>
>>61922570
>>61922620
>>61922673

Thanks for picking up the slack for me anons.

>>61922663
This is common when losing an argument; you focus on a part of an opposing argument and try to refute that instead of actually refuting the original argument or the calling out of his bullshit.
>>
>>61922679
But, professional policy wonks do make most of the decisions about how things actually happen in practice...
>>
>>61922532
He's right though. Civil rights protections are federal. The danger is at-will employers firing people for false underperformance. Real easy to get rid of that damn Christian in my Allah fearing Muslim bakery by saying he wasn't quick enough on the job.
>>
>>61922706
Because WE elect them. If this graphic is correct, they should elect each other!
>>
>>61922756
>i post about politics in a tecnology board

disgusting and pathetic
>>
File: 1457151208224.png (26KB, 419x296px) Image search: [Google]
1457151208224.png
26KB, 419x296px
>>61922680
>he thinks they weren't

Anon, pls.
You know they were very literal.

Just like the global cooling/ice age in year 2000 that "climate scientists" have been talking about in the 70's with their "models" that project 30 years and are unable to reliable predict weather, even in loose averages, 2 years from now.
>>
>>61922699
>This is common when losing an argument; you focus on a part of an opposing argument and try to refute that instead of actually refuting the original argument or the calling out of his bullshit.
Anon. You are literally describing what you are doing is just... listen. Stop projecting and say what you want to say. The point of conversation is to convince other people of what you are saying.

This is not an argument. This is you doing meta criticism of a comment that did not agree with what you said. Learn to get what you want to say across without shoving your dick in your mouth. Fuck.
>>
>>61921122
Ever think that the gay people might not be good workers because they are too busy flaunting their gay identity and creating drama in the workplace (like women do) instead of shutting the fuck up and applying themselves to the work?

Because that's all I ever see.
>>
>>61922770
Oh I misinterpreted your post then sorry.
Still it's about employment and workplace events in techs, it's not entirely unrelated to /g/.
>>
>>61922520

>On the first programming language:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/ada-lovelace-day-woman-changed-face-tech/

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1253887/?section=abstract

http://mith.umd.edu/flare/lovelace/

>On flat earth fraud:

https://todaslascosasdeanthony.com/2012/07/03/eratosthenes-earth-circumference/

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/5000-for-proving-the-earth-is-a-globe/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs
>>
>>61922842
Ada did not make a programming language you dunce. She made programs in Babbage's machine code for his hypothetical machine.

I bet you never even read her notes. Or the italian paper she wrote them on for that matter.
>>
>>61922784
The models in the 70s weren't based on ice core Carbon Dioxide measurements, you daft twat. The paradigm shifts in scientific thinking happen because of new evidence, not because of feels.

http://cdiac.ornl.gov/trends/co2/ice_core_co2.html
>>
File: menat6_2k.png (151KB, 1949x1260px) Image search: [Google]
menat6_2k.png
151KB, 1949x1260px
>>61922934

No I don't read Italian. Luckily we have the English version to read. See Note G.

>https://web.archive.org/web/20080915134651/http://www.fourmilab.ch/babbage/sketch.html
>>
>>61922828
>employement and workplace
>related to /g/

i guess that your next post is going to be about how much you love the lastest macbook

again stop posting unrelated things
>>
>>61922842
>>>61922520
>>On the first programming language:
>http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/ada-lovelace-day-woman-changed-face-tech/
Not one mention of Lovelace inventing a programming language.
She apparently wrote a program for a theoretical machine, bit that is unrelated to inventing a programming language.
Neither did Hopper or any other women according to this article.
>http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1253887/?section=abstract
Nothing in the abstract mentions the invention of programming language.
Only the same as already described above.
>http://mith.umd.edu/flare/lovelace/
Same here.

I am starting to think that you got no sources for your claim, since all of these disagree with you or are at least not about a women inventing a programming language.
>>
>>61920825
Go away you incompetent, illiterate fascist. You're not welcome in my company either.
>>
>>61923013
>The paradigm shifts in scientific thinking happen because of new evidence

So, it shifted 20 years later when the ice age miraculously didn't happen?

And now you fucks expect us to blindly trust the "new" model and then wait another 20 years to learn whether or not it is actually true?

Science doesn't work that way. In fact, it works the exact opposite. A hypothesis is not assumed true until data shows otherwise.
>>
>>61923376
>A hypothesis is not assumed true until data shows otherwise.
A theory is. When it has enough supporting evidence.
>>
>>61923376
expecting weather scientists to be right is like expecting it to snow during summer.
>>
This thread is your answer.

Totally unconstructive wastes of time discussing this garbage are damaging every field of human enterprise. This is not progress, no matter who "wins."
>>
>>61921250
At least we don't look like actual orcs
>>
>>61923401
First time on 4chan?
You should stay on facebook and have progressive conversations.
>>
>>61923401
>Totally unconstructive wastes of time discussing this garbage
Newfag
>>
File: 1499288126128.jpg (28KB, 682x624px) Image search: [Google]
1499288126128.jpg
28KB, 682x624px
>>61921973
>"Science" isn't a monolithic thing that can be "right" or "wrong"

WRONG bucko.

Just because its up for challenge doesn't mean its not a 'law'.
>>
>>61923502
>>61923541
Oh stop trying so hard.
>>
>>61923593
This.
General relativity is not up for debate unless you have data that disproves it.
>>
>>61920825
>>inb4 - this thread is irrelevant to the board
it is if you don't even post the consequences of SJW in programming, not a single example just screen of a 1 word commit.

I agree with you that this people are pure cancer, typical woman, at first i though it was a meme when someone made jokes about how woman operate in the real world that they cant achieve anything by them self or that they will crush you down instead of competing with you but its true.
All this tactics are deplorable, blackmailing, shaming, putting obstacles in your path...
>>
>>61923593
The map is not the territory. <> A predictive model of a measurable phenomenon isn't a certain truth.

You obsolete modernists need to wake the fuck up.
>>
>>61923629
Big Five personality tests are not on the same level as Einstein.

Einstein was a leftist, anyway.
>>
>>61923683
I don't care what he believed, i discuss ideas, not people.

Where do you draw the line between what is scientific truth and what isn't?
>>
>>61920825
> STEAM
ftfy
>>
>>61922673
Grace Hopper did write what was arguably the first _compiler_ in 1952. However, by our standards it's more of an assembler with subroutines. FORTRAN came in 1956 (though the first documentation dates back to 1952) and COBOL in 1959.
>>
>>61923753
Kill you are self.
>>
>>61923706
The practice of secular science doesn't concern itself with certain truth, especially not in the age of p values. The creation of tractable and generally useful predictive models based on evidence is not the same thing as the Truth that Modern scientists were seeking. The philosophical foundations of science has changed since then. I'm sorry if that makes it confusing for you because some archaic terms are still in use.
>>
File: 1499009363132-g.jpg (79KB, 605x780px) Image search: [Google]
1499009363132-g.jpg
79KB, 605x780px
>>61923659
Post modernism everyone!

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECTIVE.

So I can compile Java with GCC?
>>
>>61923787
>I can compile Java with GCC?
Yes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Compiler_for_Java
>>
>>61923783
Oh so you're actually post modernist scum.
Statistics are certain truth. P values are just a mathematical concept.

Probabilistic statements are still absolutely true or false.

"Women are more prone to neuroticism" is an objectively true statement.
>>
File: 1495537171914.jpg (10KB, 325x326px) Image search: [Google]
1495537171914.jpg
10KB, 325x326px
>>61923808
That's GCJ.

If its all subjective why can I compile Java with a C compiler?
>>
>>61923787
Also, no. It's not "Everything Is Subjective"

It's that you, as a being who is not omniscient, cannot ever have access to pure objectivity. You aren't God, and God isn't talking to you in your head. That's just called thinking.
>>
File: 1368660064615.jpg (8KB, 323x331px) Image search: [Google]
1368660064615.jpg
8KB, 323x331px
>>61920825
So glad I dropped out to go into real estate, enjoy this shitshow of a career guys
>>
>>61923835
No. GCC stands for the GNU Compiler Collection, of which GCJ is a part.
>>
>>61923829
>Statistics are certain truth.
You're cute.
>>
>>61923839
Is objective truth both existent and unique?
>>
>>61921121
>if a democracy never agrees on anything, then it is like an immovable rock.
Yes it is.
The biggest advancements in Human history came under undemocratic rule.
The biggest atrocities also followed the same.
So if you want extreme progression or war, you ignore democracy.
If you want a mediocre comatose time of peace but low advancement, then you use a chaotic system like democracy where more time is spent wasting words than doing shit.
>>
File: 1420791539019.png (420KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1420791539019.png
420KB, 640x480px
>>61923839
Science and Math are pur objectivity,

If you are getting a difference answer and cant show why everyone else is wrong you are WRONG!

The truth is never Subjective. Only the experience of retards is.
>>
Great, as if the daily /generals/ weren't enough now I've got another set of threads to hide. Fucking pollution
>>
>>61923879
I'm more than that anon, I have a master in those.
Stats are objectively true. Interpretations and model fitting are the only subjective part of the job.
>>
>>61922673
L-O-fucking-L.

https://github.com/ashaindlin/git-fem

https://github.com/ashaindlin/rogue/commit/ea289ad7
https://github.com/ashaindlin/rogue/commit/32dfa40e
>>
Nobody cares about your existence so it's not that you are hiding threads, but rather that you are hiding yourself from everyone and satisfying our need to see you disappear.
>>
>>61920825
>mfw work in a leftie company
>mfw slav
>talk shit all day
>they all just have deal with it because I just pull "its my culture" card
>managers love me because i actually write code and solve problems instead of being pc 24/7

Just learn to embrace the cancer.
>>
>>61923886
"We do not have sufficient knowledge to answer that question" is the only honest answer, anything else is grandiose narcissistic lying.
>>61923829
Like this guy's grandiose narcissistic lies!
>>
>>61920825
>because when meritocracy dies, so does the capacity for competent tech. Imagine a world where GNU is programmed by a mediocre pajeet java developer.
or gayboy germans
>>
>>61923927
There is literally zero amount of evidence pointing at relativistic truth values. And the most successful human endeavour so far is predicated on the fact that truth is unique and objective.

You're basically on the same level as people who claim God exists.
>>
Boys boys boys.

Lets put this behind us.

What we need to be doing is thinking of a kickstarter scam, there is no liability!.

We'll all live easy and happy afterwards, fuck google or whatever is happening.
>>
>>61923896
1. "Science" isn't a monolithic "object" that you can talk about the way you just did without proving yourself to experience the world in a retarded fashion.

2. "Math" is an ideal language, a human-created language to describe quantitative things.

You do understand the difference between things that are ideal and things that are real, don't you Anon?
>>
>>61923927
Post Modernism is cancer, >>>/lgbt/

Go back to a community you already destroyed.
>>
>>61923924
I bet you aren't in the Valley.
>>
>>61922822
Really depends on the person. I have no issue what so ever with normal gay folk. By normal, I mean you can't tell they're gay from 100 feet away, and they're probably not going to tell you about it just because, either.
>>
>>61923989
Im in the thames valley.

But yes, uk is not that loony yet, but we have our own issues.
>>
>>61923974
But /lgbt/ is Blanchardian now.
>>
>>61924019
Kurwa!
>>
>>61924019
>slav
>in the uk

go back where you came from you job stealing cunt
>>
>>61924024
So it's actually possible to recover from postmodernist idiocy.
Can you cure AGP tho?
>>
>>61923974
>he thinks he will ever have the authority to tell other people what to do
You're a cute one, kiddo.
>>
>>61924045
>UK loses to Slavs and Italians at every hacking and programing competition
>gets mad better people are employed
Git gud or git da fuck 'ut.
>>
>>61924045
Its not hard to steal jobs from barely qualified snowflake faggots who spend days being triggered by trump or vlad.

I barely put any effort in :^)
>>
>>61924046
>Can you cure AGP tho?
Not as far as anyone can tell. Honestly, though, AGPs who acknowledge they are AGPs are probably fine without a cure.
>>
File: groveling.jpg (30KB, 383x265px) Image search: [Google]
groveling.jpg
30KB, 383x265px
http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/businessreview/2017/03/13/gender-quotas-and-the-crisis-of-the-mediocre-man/

Men scared of quotas are just signaling how insecure they are about their (lack of) marketable skills. All the GOOD male programmers know that more women entering the field isn't a threat to them as they're not going to be the ones that get shut out to make more room.

Pic related: it's you.
>>
File: 1502696107432.jpg (280KB, 1205x997px) Image search: [Google]
1502696107432.jpg
280KB, 1205x997px
>>61924103
>probably fine without a cure.
Oh well.
>>
>>61924107
>All the GOOD male programmers
So pajeet h1bs are the most terrified

Actually requiring h1b holders to be female would solve 2 birds with one stone :^)
>>
>>61924107
This. I work for one of the somewhat major companies in the valley and have never had to deal with any of the shit I read about on here. Yeah, we have one tranny working in our division, he's a FtM and pretty chill, although kinda weird looking and has never complained about this kind of crap.
>>
>>61924107
Gender Quotas are the rise of the mediocre woman.

Who relies on HR to deal with any and all issues.
>>
>>61924199
Honesty my biggest issue with them are some women see it as an easy payday

And dont they milk it, all we have done issue encouraged idiots without a passion into our jobs.
>>
>>61924217
>done issue encouraged idiots without a passion into our jobs.
This was already the case after the Dot Com boom and the influx of the brogrammers.
>>
>>61924242
Yeah and I fucking hate them too
>>
>>61924242
>after the Dot Com boom
Don't you mean during the dot com boom?
>>
>>61923912
this senpai.
The only subjective part of reality is the interpretation part. Everything else is objective and cannot be interpreted.
Epistemology 101
/sage
>>
>>61923891
>your post
This is why i am a monarchist. As long as the king serves as a servant of the people they rule, and don't become all elitist about it, then they do a pretty killer job. See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxertU2shnE

The interesting thing about democracy is that with time it inevitably progresses to one side of the political spectrum or another. Pendulum effect. The stronger the pull, the stronger the subsequent push until it stops being a democracy.
>>
>>61924268
No. The really shit-tier brogrammers didn't show up until after that. The people during the boom had to have preexisting skillsets.
>>
>>61923924
I might be able to get away with this here in Canada.
I was born in SA so i can always pull the "culture" card.
>>
>>61924330
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs though, monarchies are great when the king is a servant of the people, but that happens so rarely it's a huge tradeoff to make
>>
File: Circular-1-Jesus copy.jpg (261KB, 1024x864px) Image search: [Google]
Circular-1-Jesus copy.jpg
261KB, 1024x864px
>>61923965
>You're basically on the same level as people who claim God exists.
different anon here.
Interestingly, both the claim for and against the existence of God are not able to be verified completely. They are inconclusionary hypotheses. Best you can do is support your hypothesis with external objective information, or logical arguments. In either case there is no way to verify for certain the hypothesis that God does/doesn't exist.

I have run into some pretty dumb arguments from the God doesn't exist side though, such as that Jesus of nazareth doesn't exist, for which the following image should remedy:
>>
File: 1170144278106.gif (89KB, 546x503px) Image search: [Google]
1170144278106.gif
89KB, 546x503px
>>61924427
>a motivational

that sure takes me back
>>
>>61924395
>though, monarchies are great when the king is a servant of the people, but that happens so rarely it's a huge tradeoff to make
Yeah.
Totally worth it if it goes right though, because then you have a governmental system which remains constant, preserves culture, is just and powerful, and which satisfies all parties.
Unfortunate that it doesn't work as often as it should.
>>
>>61924427
Not going to argue that age old debate, but both the existence of God and of objective truth are unfalsifiable claims.

It's just that there is no reason for the scientific endeavour (including stats) if the second one isn't true, so it's assumed.
>>
File: we_had_a_war_about_this_already.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
we_had_a_war_about_this_already.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
>>61924459
>>
>>61924460
>Not going to argue that age old debate
thank you.
>so it's assumed.
and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If it works, it wukrs.
>>
>>61924395
>but that happens so rarely it's a huge tradeoff to make
Actually, the frequency of it is irrelevant because all shitty monarchs are short lived while all good monarchs are long lived.
The quantified periodic rule of a good monarch who is good because he is forced by the aforementioned realization (or even his own character) can be as long as a dozen shitty monarchs who quickly meet their end by the people or by a poison cup in the court or by their own family.
It's actually a good tradeoff.

Democracy has the bad tradeoff because bad politicians never get to meet their maker,
they get cycled by the very system and a new batch of unknowns replaces them before you even had the time to get to know or realize the true nature of the shitty politician.

That's why democracy in, say, China, would never work.
Too many people would make too chaotic of a situation where nothing can be done via the democratic system.
Only in small countries does Democracy actually work. It's mentally sustainable at those levels.
>>
>>61924460
>there is no reason for the scientific endeavour (including stats) if the second one isn't true, so it's assumed.

The point of post modernity isn't to throw the baby out with the bathwater like the Christian Fundamentalists love to imagine when they shadowbox with their postmodern strawman, but to hold a reserved skepticism about even the most certain-seeming predictive models.
>>
>>61924549
Its not just the Christians, its educated people who arn't Marxists.
>>
>>61924549
Every single post modernist i've ever interacted with had a different definition of post modernism.

I don't care what it means to you, I draw the line at denying objective truth. If you do, you're a dangerous nitwit and you're wating my time.
>>
>>61924572
Marx and Kant are both Germans, I guess... You got close.
>>
>>61924494
>all shitty monarchs are short lived while all good monarchs are long lived

by what standard are you judging them good or bad though? augustus ruled for almost 4 decades years and despite unprecedented growth he was a cruel tyrant with an iron fist and destroyed alexandria just to spite his rival. meanwhile claudius ruled for like 10 years, presided over the biggest expansion of the empire since augustus, actually cared about the welfare of the people and yet was plagued by a negative propaganda campaign for being weak and crippled despite evidence to the contrary. then he gets assassinated.
>>
>>61924581
Sure, there is some objective reality, but it is only the dangerous nitwit who believes they have direct access to it. We don't ever get to the noumena, we can only posit the noumena from the phenomena.

The problem occurs when narcissistic nitwits believe that their reality-tunnels are all that exist.
>>
>>61924643
>it is only the dangerous nitwit who believes they have direct access to it
When I say that stats are objectively true, I don't say that if that what you thought i meant.
>>
>>61924615
>by what standard are you judging them good or bad though?
If the people hate you, you are shit in management.
If you make a stupid war that could be avoided then you are shit in diplomacy (see WW1 as an example).
My basis is history. Shitty leaders fall quick because people can smell it instantly.

Remember that saying of the king who had a sword hang off a thread above a pretender in a throne who argued being king is easy?
If there is one thing guaranteed by the system of Monarchy, it's that all weak leaders will be swiftly removed, and that ALL leaders will feel that hanging blade and be forced to get their shit together.

The politicians and ministers in a Democracy don't feel this because the system itself lends too much smokescreen and loopholes for them to be corrupt and not give a fuck.
>>
>>61924680
>all weak leaders will be swiftly removed
100 years war isn't "swift"
>>
>>61924675
Statistics are the best quantitative measurements we have of the impossibly complex phenomenon of a society, but each datum is a measurement of a particular subjective phenomenon.
>>
>>61924697
>kings dying left and right
>1 king usurped the throne for a whole 3 months before he was assassinated.
>not swift
hmmmmm :^|
>>
>>61924697
100 years war was an ethnic war which included cultural and spiritual revolutions.
Of course it wasn't swift, such wars rarely are unless one side has absolute superiority.
>>
>>61924725
That's exactly what I'm saying though.
Stats are mathematics. Measurements are objectively true, it's the interpretation of the results that are subjective.
>>
>>61924735
I mean if you have to do that much fighting to get a workable leader, I don't think it's such a good idea. Wars are huge wastes of ressources usually.
>>
>>61924736
>100 years war was an ethnic war

What? The 100 years war was about the giant imbalance of power in France that was caused by the English monarchs growing out of control using their status as French vassals to muscle their way onto the French throne.
>>
>>61921334
There was a study that said that women in github had more accepted changes ratio or something like that. But it turned out that lots of those changes were documentation or trivial stuff.
>>
>>61924763
>Measurements are objectively true,

Nope. We can't ever measure the object, the noumena. We can only measure the subjective phenomena.
>>
>>61924839
Bullshit. The universe is materialistic in nature.
Your interpretation of the measure might be flawed, but the measure is always right.
>>
>>61924780
>I mean if you have to do that much fighting to get a workable leader
no one fought that way because the end goal was a workable leader.
They did get a workable leader out fo it, but it was more a matter of getting more land and pushing back the barbarian scum.
>>
>>61924839
>We can't ever measure the object

Quantum Mechanics has proven that we can measure the object (I'll give you that it's not actually an object though, but a series of fields and wave functions). Only that we can measure certain aspects of it at one time while others is elusive until we stop observing the first.
>>
>>61924792
It was a war not only waged between the English and the French, but also involving Scots, Irish; Spanish and Dutch involving themselves from the side, the Black Plague creating prolonged crisis, and even a few dutchies and small regions vying for self-determination and sovereignty and independence.
Don't try to simplify this giant clusterfuck that happened.
>>
File: O.png (28KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
O.png
28KB, 320x220px
>>61924839
different anon here.
Please don't be retarded, here is the truth:
Mathematics, and Philosophy are both based in logic and therefore one can derive truthfulness according to how logical it is.
1 + 1 = 2 because 2 of 1 is 2 1's. To deny this as subjective would be fucking madness, attemptint to substantiate the claim that this is not true is bound to fail since it requires a rejection of logic from the get-go.
Logic (and subsequently mathematics) are not ideal, but real and objective. Because no matter how it is viewed it remains true.

>We can't ever measure the object, the noumena. We can only measure the subjective phenomena.
Empiricism may have its limits bound to the material, but when determining what is and is not real (objective) within the material, empiricism IS the method by which one does so, and for all intents and purposes, it IS objective. One's interpretation of the empirical information can be interpreted, but that does not mean that the measured information is subjective, that's crazy talk.
If i see a red ball, and i see it is a red ball, and claim it is a red ball. Then that is empirically true, especially if everyone else with a functioning brain and eye (yourself discluded apparently) agree that that is the case. The human mind is imperfect, yes; and there will be times when it is required that one fall back on logic or other means to measure a phenomena, but empiricism is a really good rule of thumb that still applies to hard science (and somewhat to soft science) today.
>>
>>61924909
>Quantum Mechanics
You need to actually look up the words phenomena and noumena because that is exactly what I am talking about. We cannot measure the object, the noumena, We can only measure phenomena.
>>
>>61924780
>I mean if you have to do that much fighting to get a workable leader, I don't think it's such a good idea.
The 100 years war was what laid the foundation for the creation of the 2 most powerful countries in the world that would send waves globaly with their power and cultural revolutions, whether political, ideological, military, religious, or artistic.
Every day of it was worth it.
>>
>>61924948
All wars are more complex when played out than their causes suggest but this argument is like saying that the Civil War wasn't about slavery. The truth is, the Plantagenets had a blood relation and controlled more than half of France and felt they were entitled to the throne because of that. What played out afterward was incidental.
>>
>>61925035
That's an interesting historical perspective.
I'm curious what makes you think that.
>>
>>61925000
I don't have time to unpack your post tonight. I have other things to do, but you are incorrect in your belief that logic is "real" and "objective".
>>
>>61925040
>Civil War wasn't about slavery
The Civil War wasn't only about slavery yes.
There were many more sides and interests that fueled it, even Mexico had a share in it for better or for worse.
The thing about discussing wars is that stupid people simplify to make themselves feel better thereby losing the one fucking lesson it should be giving you: How to avoid making the same mistakes.
By ignoring details, you ignore solutions.

But i regress, this discussion isn't about the nature of wars but nature of leadership.
>>
>>61922111
as a degree it's a pretty shit choice, especially in this era of relativist bullshit where our would-be masters redefine words at will
>>
>>61925094
> I have other things to do, but you are incorrect in your belief that logic is "real" and "objective".
explain this please.
>You gonna use logic to explain why logic is not true?
>>
>>61925100
>But i regress
don't you mean digress?
>>
>>61925091
>I'm curious what makes you think that.
>think that
Do you know why Frederick The Great managed to bring one small poverty ridden region of Prussia to fuck up 3 superpowers around him and establish a nation that defied all odds?
He inherited a band of people who didn't live in peace but gained experience and training through daily struggle under the leadership of his preceding father.

Do you know why some shitty nations in the Balkans still survived, and why even those shitty stone age Serbs managed to wage a successful initial stage of war against Austrians that defied all odds during WW1?
Because they started off and continued being trained constantly, and being bathed in the growth from experience of trying to survive diplomatic and military and social death constantly looming over them.

In the same sense, England and France gained from the 100 year war a few successive generations of so highly trained diplomats, schemers, politicians, military strategists, and ideological revolutionaries who grew out of desperately trying to hold their management over society and their responsibilities together; that coming out of the war ended in one of the rare historical growths in humanity that rivaled Classical Greece and preceded the Renaissance.

Basic history.
>>
>>61925139
Digress is leaving the main subject.
I'm leaving a discussion that has left the main subject already and going simple again, regressing.
>>
>>61925208
ok.
>>
File: 1479796605421.jpg (120KB, 698x658px) Image search: [Google]
1479796605421.jpg
120KB, 698x658px
ITT: retarded 12 year old /pol/ niggers that were never taught you're not supposed to bring politics to the workplace.
>>
>>61925122
Ideal things can be true, Anon.

Real vs Ideal

True vs False

Real vs False is not a thing.
>>
File: feminist2.png (401KB, 411x364px) Image search: [Google]
feminist2.png
401KB, 411x364px
>>61925189
>mfw even China traces the greatest growth period in its history to one of the few turmoils it had such as the Three Kingdoms period, with the greatest cultural and overall growth following with it

No training field like a battlefield.
People simply can't be motivated to do shit unless desperation of some kind is forcing them, obsession bordering on mental illness or desperation.
Obsession is however an individual thing, while desperation can hit a whole society and completely subvert some of the peace-time pack mentality people have to produce remarkable results.
>>
>>61925273
It's literally google that's bringing politics to the workplace though. This guy literally just argued that they consider the scientific consensus regarding their recruitment policy.
>>
>>61925304
Regardless of whether he was right or not (and I actually do agree with his paper), he brought bad publicity to the company and turned away many women who genuinely were qualified to work there.
He was a liability, and he had to go.
>>
>>61920825
man you have predicted every single post anyone was going to make, the thread was /thread as soon as you posted it
>>
File: whogivesashit.gif (886KB, 175x144px) Image search: [Google]
whogivesashit.gif
886KB, 175x144px
>>61920825
>More /pol/ trash
>>
>>61920825
>inb4 abuse to counteract the fact he's never programmed or worked a day in his life AND actually believes in the Chanology 2.0 movements
Fuck off to your containment board, which ever side you came from. The rest of the world != the faggotry that goes on at Google. Get a job, loser.
>>
>>61925341
Don't you think constantly disregarding how politics has seeped into everything as "/pol/" is exactly the problem? Yet when corporations insert their SJW crap, nobody is allowed to say anything other than how much they love it?
>>
>>61925320
>he brought bad publicity
He didn't publicize the thing tho.
I agree he was a liability, but what I would have done is negociate his resignation and fire whomever made the private memo public.

Taking a side on political stances shouldn't be what you do when you're a company that's on the spot for it. Now google looks bad to anyone who is right of the idpol nutcases, and that's a lot of good engineers you might miss out on.

This is the sort of shit that kills companies.
>>
>>61925362
It's a non-issue for anyone who isn't a bitter redpill virgin. Get a job.
>>
>>61925363
It was a choice between missing out on women programmers or conservatives, and Google picked women.
Personally I think the solution you proposed was much more elegant than what Google actually ended up doing, but I can hardly see the ludicrous outcry this has caused from many conservatives.

I myself am a liberal and I agree with what damore wrote down. This doesn't even need to be a political issue.
>>
>>61920825
>globalists sell out US
>wealth inequality leads to identity politics leads to civil war
>China: lol
>>
>>61925398
>This doesn't even need to be a political issue.
I agree. But Google doesn't.
Which is why I have to be part of the outcry. When people start dismissing science and fact based approaches then i'm automatically on the other side.
>>
>changes 1 word in README
>hai guys look im a girl developer you can see I have contributed to $IMPORTANT_PROJECT_MADE_BY_MEN
>>
>>61925298
please elaborate further.
I don't understand what you are getting at.
>>
>>61925405
China is like 93% Han or something.
>every homogenous nation is stable and laughing their asses off
>while every multicultural country is seeing destabilization rise the more proportionally even their ethnicities are
Even Yugoslavia should have taught people that multiculturalism within a single country is a scam and a sham.
Let alone Israel, Iraq, Syria, all of Africa,
all of Asia, Latin America, and even shit like Sweden and France now where migrants don't come to assimilate but to get them free moneys while forming ethnic neighborhoods with their own rules.
>>
>>61925320
>turned away women

Someone give that guy a fuckin bonus.
>>
>>61925353
>The rest of the world != the faggotry that goes on at Google
did i say that was the case?
>>61925340
stupidity is predictable, watch ^^^
>>
>>61925494
Heh, agreed XD

They should hire us NEETs, fuck women!
>>
Serious question
Why did he bother releasing this?
Right or wrong the guy has ruined his career. For nothing.
There is no such thing as a martyr in this age. Snowden ruined his life for nothing.
>>
>>61925629
He didn't think google with throw a shit-fit about this, especially since his peers reviewed it and found nothing wrong with it.
>>
not even a hungry catfish would nibble at that bad bait

not even giving a (you)
>>
>>61925541
If women did the exact same work men did for cheaper, people could've hired ONLY women and beat the competition with cheaper products as a result. As we all know, that's not what happens when you hire women.
>>
>>61922812
>stop projecting
And yet you bring homosex into the conversation.
>>
>>61921530
>>61921733
Yes, just keep quiet around them. Half your coworkers think they are annoying too but don't want to start drama.
>>
>>61925341
stupid board linker
>>
>>61925652
I personally believe that he was fired not for the content of his "manifesto" or controversial opinions, but more for the method of delivery he chose.
Has he simply requested a meeting with his superiors, and presented this same piece to them in an effort to improve the company, I believe he would not have been fired.

Although I mostly agree with his beliefs, he went about spreading them in an unprofessional and risky manner.
>>
>>61924345
During the boom people were hired for knowing HTML.
>>
>>61924494
>>61924395
>>61924330
You guys need some Moldbug in your life.
https://www.unqualified-reservations.org/#archive
>>
>>61925937
>Has he simply requested a meeting with his superiors, and presented this same piece to them in an effort to improve the company, I believe he would not have been fired.
memos do this when you'r boss is busy.
>>
>>61925208
People say "but I digress" after they digress as an admission of doing so, rather than a declaration of what they are going to do.
>>
>>61921530
ya subhumans get sensitive when they get shown they're worthless trash.
>>
>>61920825
>Go away /lefty/

It's /lgbt/, thank you very much.
>>
>>61920825
what the fuck is ableist
>>
>>61926007
Perhaps, but I still maintain the belief that if he had only shared the document with a few relevant employees, rather than circulate it throughout the entire company, this situation would have played out differently.
>>
>>61926059
A word leftists anti-liberal mongoloids made up.
>>
>>61926061
ok.
Holding opinions about hypotheticals is nice but redundant.
>>
>>61922443
It's a lie. She did it under Babbage's direction. Women are literally just robots.
>>
>>61924780
Yeah good thing our current democracy is really staving off wars right? I'm glad we don't overspend on military
>>
>>61920889
>Rendering sageworthy fallacies doa is now a bad thing thanks to leftists.
>>
>>61920825
Eternal life would only produce stagnation. Cycles of death and rebirth are not only inevitable, but desirable. The West has had a good run, now we're watching the decay. Don't worry, new civilisations will rise to fill the vacuum.
>>
>>61920825
>looking for a job in the first place
You wanna be a salaryman? You'll have to put with salaryman shit

>ableist
Well, at the macOS dictionary has a nice dictionary has a nice example.
>>
File: 1502684247447.png (242KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
1502684247447.png
242KB, 500x624px
>tfw person of color
>tfw liberal
>tfw agree completely with damore and don't buy into any of this SJW bullshit
Am I the only one?
>>
>>61926137
>tfw person of color
>tfw liberal
>tfw agree completely with damore and don't buy into any of
how did the > fail?
>>
>>61924780
War: resources are used for advancement
Peace: resources are spent ensuring everybody lives comfortably placid lives
>>
File: 1502723925419.jpg (96KB, 968x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502723925419.jpg
96KB, 968x720px
>>61926148
>Implying I didn't do it on purpose
>>
>>61926167
>implying
>>
File: 1500657073676.jpg (111KB, 592x401px) Image search: [Google]
1500657073676.jpg
111KB, 592x401px
How did the left get so powerful in Silicon Valley? Pic related is from a survey taken there.
>>
>>61926415
The left is better at technology and has more book smarts in general than the right. Accept it.
>>
>>61926415
Nearly all skilled fields are heavily "left".
>>
>>61920825
>the lefty boogeyman
Go away r/the_donald

This world is fucked anyway
>>
>>61925396
Go away and grow up, shitskin or woman.
>>
>>61926459
economics and engineering are the most conservative
>>
>>61921885
>Modern left
The christfags are becoming the men of science now. How strange.
>>
>>61926459
>>61926437
That picture, look at how INTP and INTJ think about politics, and the dominance of the right among white males contradict what you're saying.
>>
>>61926520
Actually, the right dominates all the personalities that think of themselves as thinking and introverted.
>>
>>61924427
Actually, using the scientific method, it's quite easy to prove the non existence of a diety, hence why theology is a social / historical subject not found in the science department. Burden of proof lies on those that make claims against the accepted scientific facts of the time
>>
>>61926459
B.S. On average and according to exit polls, Trump voters had a much higher income than Hillary's cunts and nu-males.
>>
>>61926589
Sauce?
>>
>>61926589
>On average

The rich fucks that always vote republicunt skewed the results.
>>
>>61926415
Remember all those years when the right would laugh at nerds for not being so into sports n shit?
They grew up lefties, who knew!
But all the fun industries are left so
>>
>>61926611
You could have googled it yourself, faggot, but oh well. Hate to link to CNN, but they support what I'm saying. Look at the income categories. Trump won all the ones that were 50k and above, and Hillary won all the ones for the poor.
>>61926626
>gibsmedat nigger
>wrong
>>
>>61926517
Well, Social Justice is the C U R R E N T Y E A R religion for nuBloods, so the old team had time to step up.
>>
>>61926656
The picture literally says the opposite, you moron. That's for adults. You think nerds are the extroverted and overly emotional ones?
>>
>>61921530
Remember, refuge in audacity in the only strategy that works.
>>
>>61926675
http://edition.cnn.com/election/results/exit-polls
>>
>>61926694
>You think nerds are the extroverted and overly emotional ones?
You do realize the mb types isn't actually meaningful?
>>
File: 1502680328111.png (598KB, 1177x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502680328111.png
598KB, 1177x640px
>>61926675
>He can't provide a link to backup his claim
>>
>>61926735

>>61926711
>>
>>61926137
>tfw person of color
>tfw liberal
Of course you are.
>>
File: 1502760065839.jpg (778KB, 800x889px) Image search: [Google]
1502760065839.jpg
778KB, 800x889px
>>61926733
t. extroverted, overly emotional lefty
>>
>>61926415
Read Moldbug, yo.
>>
>>61926762
Nope, just someone who can actually read a study.
>>
File: 1502483028622.jpg (102KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502483028622.jpg
102KB, 640x640px
>>61926759
You think I'm lying?
>>
File: 1481673596827.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481673596827.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>61925869
>just keep quiet

Stop being quiet.
>>
>>61926775
t. ENFJ that voted for Hilldawg
>>
>>61926792
MBTI is out, FFM is the new hotness
>>
>>61926137
We're a rare breed these days anon.
>>
>>61926781
No, I think you're telling the very predicable truth.
>>
>>61921103
Also, systemd is trash.
>>
>>61924068
Slavs I can accept, but italians? Literally how?
>>
>>61924133
>Tomo
>Lain
>SoundCloud
Wait, what?
>>
>>61927040
Bad food.
>>
>>61920825
>politics in tech
Great. Time travelers please go back and kill yourself.
Dinastravida Samra
>>
>>61927113
?.?.?
>>
>>61920825
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>61921764
Google didn't give a shit until the document became a viral meme, literally for days before the media held it up in the spotlight. Google was forced into a position where they either accept the controversial message as representative of their employees, or diffuse the negative attention by firing the writer. I agree the blame lies with our neoliberal society. It's absurd how massive companies must appear congenial to market generated moral consensus. - the mere whim of a sensational social-media trend. That said, I do not blame the leftward bias of the company as much as the moblike pressure of consumer outrage concentrated by clickbait. Years ago, his paper would have been debated/shared internally without gawkers forcing the company's hand towards overreaction.
>>
>>61926558
The problem with scientific method here is that "proving" something merely requires you to statistics your way into p < .05 for null hypothesis and you're good to go for peer reviewal. You can't construct a rigorous proof for inexistence of god without pulling some absolutely retarded axioms out of your ass.
>>
>>61926762
that's a boy isn't it?
>>
>>61920825
>neo-liberalism
that term doesnt mean what you think it means.
>>
>>61922010
>everything I don't like is fake news and alternative facts
How about actually reading those articles?
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.