[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vrg/ - Virtual Reality General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1499680790921.jpg (292KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1499680790921.jpg
292KB, 2048x1152px
One shilling thread per day. All text is a WIP.

>Setup guides, tips, resources
https://pastebin.com/3D60jpFb

>Recommended games and applications (includes NSFW)
https://pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>Last thread
>>61905225
>>
I want VR to be a thing but I cant drop $400 on it unless I try it. Where can I try it for free?
>>
File: BARE Egil.jpg (74KB, 393x560px) Image search: [Google]
BARE Egil.jpg
74KB, 393x560px
According to the UPS tracking my Rift has been sitting at customs since yesterday.
>>
>>61918877
A lot of amusement parks have them now
>>
File: cinematic.png (200KB, 373x424px) Image search: [Google]
cinematic.png
200KB, 373x424px
I've found some good JAV stuff, but it's all filmed at 30 FPS. What's the fastest way to interpolate them?

I've tried running SVP in real-time, but it's too heavy for VR. There's a guide on how to encode videos with MeGUI, but it's insanely slow (~3 FPS). There must be a middle ground that lets me encode a video without waiting ten hours.
>>
>>61918877
Find a local gamedev meetup, or any gathering of nerds, really, and ask around.
>>
>>61918877
Oculus website has a page that tells you where you can demo the shit for free. Nearly all best buys in the area are doing that currently.
>>
Do we really need more generals ?
>>
>>61923164
We need this one in particular.
>>
I admire the dedication to keep making these threads.
I don't have much to say, bought VTOL VR the other day and it's really fun if you like flight sims and don't have a HOTAS.
>>
>>61923992
OP here, yeah I and a few other anons thought it was about time. We started a Discord to plan things out long term but I ended up forgetting my login so now I'm doing this alone, which actually probably isn't optimal. I don't have that much time to dedicate to this so some of the pastebin stuff is outdated and incomplete.
>>
Vr !!!
>>
>>61918877
There are multiple places and you can find the links in the pastebin.
>>
Why is the VR meme only used for gayums? It seems far more useful as a productivity tool. Where is my VR 5x5 monitor setup that I can use? When will VR actually have a use other than to sit on my desk and gather dust?
>>
We should do a Doodle for some coop or pvp games.
>>
>>61928468
There are two parts to the answer. The first is that the resolution is not nearly high enough to make small text readable, so productivity isn't very good as you have to scale the text or screen bigger. The second part is that there is an inherent limitation in Windows or GPU architecture where monitors can not be emulated, the views can only be mirrored. What that means is that a monitor needs to be plugged in for a monitor in VR to exist, and the more monitors you want in VR, the more real monitors you need to plug into your PC. You would think emulated monitors would work, but the performance doing that is extremely bad. People have somewhat gotten around this by plugging in specially made "dummy" adapters that fake themselves as monitors, so stuff like 3 monitors in VR is possible.
>>
File: zuckerberg-rows.jpg (106KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
zuckerberg-rows.jpg
106KB, 1024x682px
reminder that you are a cuck if you buy this shit.

>they trust me
>dumbfucks
>>
>>61929999
I agree
nice digits
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.