[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any discord alternatives? I don't want jews to shut down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 9

Any discord alternatives?
I don't want jews to shut down my server because it just promotes free speech and people take it as hate speech
inb4 >>>/pol/
>>
>>61914450
there's gonna be a bunch of fag losers posting "JUST DONT POST HATE SPEECH!!!!1!1!1" but in all seriousness, irc
most irc networks will never shut you down unless you literally violate law, and even then you can just host your own for $5/mo
>>
>>61914463
The thing is I don't want to host anything and pay for it
>>
>>61914450
>>
File: 1474692214357.jpg (67KB, 591x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474692214357.jpg
67KB, 591x640px
>>61914450
>they shut down some shit that nobody cares about
>servers that share cp are still up
>>
>>61914450
Mumble.
>>
>>61914501
>mumble
memeble?
meme
>>
File: Retroshare.png (86KB, 940x198px) Image search: [Google]
Retroshare.png
86KB, 940x198px
>>61914450
>>
>>61914476
Then bend over and take it in the ass from these jews and sjws. Christ do you /pol/ shitters even have a backbone
>>
>>61914450
It's already been posted.

Wire - instant messenger, encrypted, but still doesn't support group calls
Ring - messenger/Skype replacement, decentralized and encrypted
Riot.im - same as ring apparently, decentralized and encrypted
Mumble - voice chat, self hosting available
Diaspora - social media, decentralized

>>61914476
>I don't want to host
A central server will always dominate it's users so no matter which dictator you run to they'll always cuck you in the end. Your best option is either to host shit with your friends or use decentralized services, which is also going to tax your bandwidth a bit but not as much as hosting would.

>>61914529
It's the best group voice chat client available. The only thing discord has over it are emojis and bots, neither of which are essential. You can achieve the same shit you would on FB messenger, in fact both discord and FB messenger are 99% similar and based on the chrome browser/electron. So you can just use Mumble + Facebook.
>>
Lmao these /pol/tards are literally the next gen sjw snowflakes

>muh free speech
>muh safe spaces where I can express my autism without being annoyed by reasonable people
>>
>>61915527
reasonable people don't silence others for disagreements
>>
>>61915557
This. I'm not even a /pol/tard.
>>
>>61915557
Yes they do if that means protecting innocent lives
>>
https://puu
.sh/xa1Zb/64de0cedfb.webm

reminder
>>
>>61914463
Or use the irc networks which literally host warez
>>
>>61915582
BUMP for this. Also post original link.
>>
>i wanna shitpost about da joos
>but i don't wanna have to put effort in

If you're so high and mighty and smart and strong, why can't you host your own fuckin' server? I'm a fucking yardero and I can do that.
>>
>>61915578
What innocent lives?
>>
>>61914476
just use irc
lots of networks to choose from, create a channel of your own
for your health
>>
>>61914483
I require evidence. No, seriously, I've never heard of CP servers on discord.
>>
Use IRC or Skype, idiot.
>>
>>61915636
This.
>>
>>61915582
Of course they sell it. People are OK with it anyway.
>>
>>61914450
Why do leftists always have to ruin good companies with their ideology, I knew they were shit when they did shut down the loli servers.
>>
File: logo1.png (2KB, 279x129px) Image search: [Google]
logo1.png
2KB, 279x129px
Use a matrix server, everyone can use a different app and it will be the futur of irc (more features and privacy than irc).
>>
>>61915443
> still doesn't support group calls
they have support group calls for a long time
>>
>>61915582
Oh nooo, discord will sell all my dank memes!
>>
>>61915527
>Then call any sane person a jewbag
The /pol/ experience
>>
>>61914450
look @ dis mane
https://botbot.me/how-to-setup-irc-channel/
>>61915769
dis mane, dey don't even spy on you's phone and shieet u install on pc, tablet, phone 'n' shieet, no ip, imei, gps, phone book 'n' shieet mane is ok to b spy'd on mane aight?
>>
>>61914450
I R C
R
C
>>
>>61915655
nice try fbi
>>
>>61915625
THE CHILDREN
GOD, THINK ABOUT THE CHIRLDEN
>>
File: myfacewhen.png (176KB, 428x510px) Image search: [Google]
myfacewhen.png
176KB, 428x510px
>>61914450
>use propriety software
>get shut down for whatever reason
>cry about it on the internet
>>
>>61914450
>Free speech in a private service
I urge you to look up what free speech actually is
>>
>>61915527
I've never got this phase of logic. If you're being kicked out, and the people running the place you were in have expressed their disdain for you, how does looking for somewhere else to go constitute as a "safe space"? Who just stays where they aren't wanted?

It's not like they are sheltering themselves because they are being ideologically tested, you can see the OP quite clearly, they are not wanted, and are being force-ably removed if caught.
>>
>>61915557
>>61915574
I think people are missing the greater point that has nothing to do with /pol/ or whatever. They're specifically only condemning violence or one side and not both as was said by the president at first in general. If you ignore one side's transgressions over the other you're just weakening the center and the reasonable people that populate that center. Pretty soon all the companies will start censoring more than just the fringe or right/alt media and what you like is next. There is plenty of historical precedent. FFS.
>>
File: 1496124094428.jpg (702KB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1496124094428.jpg
702KB, 2560x1707px
>>61915850
u sound like a nazi fascista
first u get the bike lock, nazi
then u get the gulag, fascista
>>
>>61915850
What "one side's transgressions" are they ignoring exactly?
Genuine question
>>
>>61915885
The rioting and violence usually by the fringe leftists. Communist groups including BLM. Hate crimes that go ignored. Condemn it all and treat it all equally. It's all bad.
>>
>>61915869
tfw a nazi with no degenerate commie gf. Feels bad, man.
>>
>>61915928
pretty easy to get a commie gf these days tho
>>
>>61915920
>Condemn it all and treat it all equally. It's all bad.
The problem with violence is that it's super effective. If I kick your ass long enough, you will do what I say. Countries wouldn't go to wars if violence didn't solve problems. It'd be nice if we could always solve our differences by talking to each other, but some differences are too great to solve that way. When a communist and a capitalist meet, how can the reconcile their differences? Their very values are different on a fundamental level. They could, of course, live on different countries, but what happens when multiculturalism puts as all in the same country? Violence is then the only solution, like it or not.
>>
>>61915968
If it actually comes down to it since I'm a lolbertarian I suppose I'll be siding with the right since they actually have people who stand for liberty and the core values of the usa. hate to be put in that situation but it is what it is.
>>
I literally have no problem that nazis abandon discord.

In fact, there should be an alternative coded by one of those autists that completely contains /pol/ and the other nazis in their own isolated bubble far far off in the internet. I might even help them code it.
>>
>>61915968
The problem with this is that whoever loses usually begins plotting their revenge right away. Ideally we'd all have tasteful debates about the relative merits of each system, but if you do that you might (gasp!) have to admit that you're not the second coming of Jesus fucking Christ, so instead we shoot at each other and whoever loses gets to wait a few years and try again.
>>
>>61914450
>He thinks freedom of speech is the same thing as freedom from consequences
>>>/pol/
>>
>>61916000
I disagree. Companies based in the USA should represent the core values of the USA and it's culture.
>>
>>61916019
>Ideally we'd all have tasteful debates about the relative merits of each system
You're not listening. I said some differences are too great to reconcile. If I believe in A and you believe in its polar opposite, B, how do we reconcile it? It's even worse if both systems would work. What if I believe you're unfit to live? What if I believe your existence is a threat to mine? What if I believe in collectivism and you in individualism? What if I believe in property and you don't? What if I believe murder is justified, but you don't? What if I believe in trancendental human value, but you don't? What if I believe life is sacred, but you support abortion? What if I'm a Muslim and you're a Christian?
>>
Sure is weird that the biggest crusaders of freedom of speech are the ones who have the least understanding of how it works. Freedom of speech means the government can't throw you in jail for your opinions, not that you can go around and call people niggers without repercussions
>>
>>61916093
Again, ideally we'd all have debates about the merits of each system. The fact that you believe in something that is the polar opposite of my belief does not imply that we both believe in evangelizing about it.
>>
>private company can do what they want
>christian baker has to bake that fag cake tho
O i C
i
C
>>
>>61916169
What if the repercussions are not any better than being thrown in jail?
>>
>>61915920
Wellll, compared to a black church getting shot up in Charleston, a group of nazi's holding tiki torches in Charlottesville, and May's stabbing in Portland's commuter trains....

yeahhhhh
>>
>>61916185
But how would you reconcile it? How can we meet at the middle if neither is willing to budge? If I consider it the greatest of crimes to abort your foetus, what will you do if you don't want to keep the baby?

>>61916169
It's not weird at all that people don't understand freedom of speech, since we don't have it. I am NOT allowed to call people niggers without government throwing me into a jail. I'm not allowed to deny holocaust, I'm not allowed to be a racist, I'm not allowed to be a sexist, an "islamophobe", and I'm not allowed to be so many things without government interference.

>>61916215
You can't really force people to accept your views. In a free society, you should be allowed to act however you wish as long as you're not breaking the law. If you want to refuse service to everyone who says they like icecream, you should be allowed to do so. Of course, there's an argument to be made here against a libertarianism and a free society.
>>
>>61916189
>Christian bakers aren't allowed to break the law
FTFY
>>
>>61916224
Portland was a bernie/dem that did the stabbing. Lest we forget the old man that shot up the republican senator at a baseball field. How about the hillary supporting dad and son who did the orlando fag shooting? How about ferguson? Milwaukee riots? Pulling people out of cars? Chicago riots? The list goes on.
>>
>>61916026
neo-nazis represent core values of the usa?
>>
>>61916247
The law should serve the people, not the other way around. Just because something is a law doesn't mean it's good.
>>
https://about.mattermost.com/

It's more slack-like. Or make an IRC server.
>>
>>61916253
Neither neonazis nor BLM nor the KKK nor authoritarian transexuals with pink hair.
>>
>>61916257
No, but it means you're not allowed to break the law even if following it hurts your feefees

>>61916237
So you want a society without hate speech laws? Wheee are you going to draw the line of where speech becomes violence or abuse if you can say whatever you want?
>>
>>61916313
>No, but it means you're not allowed to break the law even if following it hurts your feefees
What if there's a law making law unchangeable. And then I make another law that criminalizes you and your family breathing. Remember: no breaking the law!
>>
>>61916169
>Freedom of speech means the government can't throw you in jail for your opinions
No. Here's a phrase that means the government can't throw you in jail for your opinions:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or of the press, or of the people peaceably to assemble, or to petition the government for the redress of grievances."

That's not "freedom of speech" though. That's the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. It's the first in a Bill of Rights included in the highest law of the land. And that is what you're talking about in the greentext above.

Now let's talk about what freedom of speech actually means. No quotes, no laws, but a philosophy. An idea. It's the idea that a person should be able to share their ideas without getting silenced by an unplugged microphone, a screaming madman storming the lectern or a swift punch to the face. And while there's no legal obligation to leave someone's microphone plugged in if you own the microphone, it's not unfair to ask that someone to reconsider their values.

Ultimately appealing to freedom of speech as a philosophy is appealing to empathy, not law. That holds even if the "biggest crusaders" have little or no understanding of the law. Liberties and values still apply to people who are ignorant of them.
>>
>>61916248
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/27/portland-double-murder-white-supremacist-muslim-hate-speech

I'll concede on the baseball one.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/orlando-shooter-father-clinton-226819

There was no support, I do find it REALLY odd that he got an invitation, but yeahhhhh

And the Ferguson/Milwaukee/Chicago riots?

Well, I'll concede on that too, but when you have angry black people getting angry about having the murderer of one of their own getting off...yeahhh, you don't want angry black people..
>>
>>61916313
>Wheee are you going to draw the line of where speech becomes violence or abuse if you can say whatever you want?
At slander. You're not allowed to lie about people. Incite to violence for all I care, but do so without telling lies about them. There's a gray area between telling a lie that can't be proven to be a lie, so you should avoid that. It'd be a coin toss if it's slander or not.
>>
>>61916343
And what if your parents weren't siblings? Then you wouldn't be making retarded arguments like that
>>
>>61916346
>to ask you to reconsider your values
Typo, got the characters mixed up
>>
>>61916373
I take it I won the argument.
>>
yikes, I thought I was on /pol/ for a second reading this thread.
>>
>>61916310
BLM and tumblr dont use discord tho

and corporations can pretty much do what the fuck they want, you retards made sure of that
>>
>>61914450

In the near future, if you'll want free speech, you'll have to use steganography.
>>
xmpp
>>
File: dd3.png (14KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
dd3.png
14KB, 165x115px
>>61916372
> Incite to violence for all I care, but do so without telling lies about them.
The terrorists are going to have a field day with this
>>
>>61914450
Telegram.

Pavel doesn't care if extremists use his platform.
Also, go the fuck back to /pol/.

>inb4 jewfag
>>
>>61916384
>Heh, he doesn't want to argue against a completely fictional and unrealistic scenario, that means I won the argument
You sure did, buddy, now run along and tell mommy and tell her how much you owned that guy on the internet and I bet she'll give you extra good boy points. But make sure to spend them soon, because what if a meteor crashes into earth tomorrow?
>>
>>61916417
Maybe. Although, I doubt it, since they are already doing it without much repercussions. It take some pretty serious inciting of violence for a member of the protected faith to be considered a criminal.
>>
>>61915938
But one that is not overweight?
>>
>>61914450
Honestly you should have hopped off this shit platform months ago. That whole, "no lewd animes" shit was laughable
>>
>>61916458
wasn't it ok for muzzies in the uk to say that white women are only good for fucking? turns out they were prepping young white girls like chattel. I wonder if britbongs made headway into that case where the white girls was killed and made into kebab meat yet? I bet they got a warning and a commemorative sweater from the local PD.
>>
>>61916455
It's a common method to show how going 10 steps in the wrong direction is bad by showing how going 100 steps in the same direction is very bad. You lost the argument and brought in a barrage of insults. Very, very typical of a condescending leftist on leddit. I wish I didn't have to endure it here.
>>
>>61916497
>wasn't it ok for muzzies in the uk to say that white women are only good for fucking?
Yes, it was
>turns out they were prepping young white girls like chattel.
That's immoral and hopefully illegal. Should be punishable.
>I wonder if britbongs made headway into that case where the white girls was killed and made into kebab meat yet?
Sounds awful, how is this relevant to freedom of speech? You don't mince someone into kebab with angry words.

I wish we had ID:s here. I don't know if you're the same person I was talking to.
>>
>>61916455
We're all NEETs here and this is how we feed ourselves. We aren't lucky enough to use our school loans for our useless degrees to pay for things. Like the artisinal seed to table organic gluten free food and plebbit gold.
>>
>>61916527
different chap sorry for going on a tangent
>>
File: 1479354542851.png (145KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1479354542851.png
145KB, 449x401px
The Nazis are finally going to leave something alone. And I don't even have to lift a finger!

Here are a few alternatives for you:
1. Matrix + Riot, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Matrix/Riot

2. IRC, use Rizon

3. RetroShare

glhf
>>
>>61914450
>using anything unencrypted
when will you stupid kids learn? if it's not encrypted it means they'll shut you down if you don't play along with their political views.

there are several free encrypted messaging services, use them.
>>
>>61916605
true /g/ has been on this train for ages now
>>
>>61914450
>shut down my server
It is not your server. It is theirs. That's what you get for using Discord. We tried to warn you, but you didn't listen.
>>
>>>pol; irc or talk.
>>
>>61916169
>Your rights end where my moral justice begins.

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech, and freedom of artistic expression is as such. I can and should be able to say whatever i want in public and draw whatever i feel like even if it offends other people. You can not have freedom for some and not for others. You have to accept it all in life.

It's what America was founded on in the first place.
>>
>>61916645
first thing the founding fathers would do if they were here presently is ask where we keep the guns. they would likely say the same thing fifty or even a hundred years ago.
>>
>>61916460
Exclude murica from your search
>>
File: soul_hackers.jpg (62KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
soul_hackers.jpg
62KB, 728x546px
>hates communism
>gets assblasted when they cant do whatever they want on another entity's private property
>>
>>61916645
>>61916679
>muh forefathers who genocided a whole contient and enslaved an entire race have relevance today
>>
>>61916480
>no lewd animes
What?
>>
>>61916861
First person to own slaves in the colonies was another negro. They also didn't enslave anyone it was the british along with islam. Genocide on the native savages is hardly a negative considering they did the same thing to themselves and the actual colonists.
>>
Whatever happened to the old saying about sticks and stones?
>>
>>61917092
>b-but the others did it
seems like americans like to adopt lots of things from Islam, like driving vehicles into crowds
>>
>>61917156
They obviously have to learn to use trucks instead of cars. Trucks of peace are proven winners.
>>
>>61915844

>Who just stays where they aren't wanted?

You, in this board.
>>
>>61917156
nope, not real muslims, nothing to do with islam you islamophobic, racist bigot fascist
>>
>>61914450
>What is IRC
>>
>>61917194
>nope, not real alt-rights, nothing to do with conservatism you cuck, marxist whinie communist
>>
Hey dumb question, but what kind of implications does free speech affect in regards to technology? Just asking in a ham-handed attempt to get this thread more in line with /g/.
>>
>>61916237
Ideally, if neither side will meet in the middle then both sides will leave each other alone. However, some people seem to think that they need to be constantly pushing for their beliefs to become the law of the country, because God forbid you stand by while other people do things based on their own beliefs. I'll grant you the abortion thing, because that involves an unborn baby, but for some odd reason people treat everything from who you marry to what kind of porn you watch as a personal affront to their existence, and thus they demand that laws be made. As a result, people on both sides end up constantly trying to legislate each other to death, while constantly acting like they're being oppressed; and eventually they just start shooting each other because the existence of someone who disagrees with you is heresy.
>>
>>61917189
>Who just stays where they aren't wanted?
black diaspora leaving when?
>>
>>61917221
you forgot "isolated case/incident"
>>
>>61914476
buy a raspberry pi clone and host a mumble server
>>
>>61917118
they got replaced with piss bottles and bike locks
>>
>>61917226
Tech companies aren't forced to provide a platform for fringe political opinions. That's it, end of story. Host your own server.
>>
>>61917399
>Tech companies aren't forced to provide a platform for fringe political opinions. That's it, end of story. Host your own server.
>Hosts TYT
exactly broseph.
>>
>>61917399
welp, dubs are truth. I was thinking along the lines of free speech being used by the masses to possibly deter technological advances due to the machinations of the rich with companies being forced to cater to said masses.

Religion, while not in the same category as free speech, made sure of that in the dark ages.
>>
What is Discord anyway
>>
>>61917677
a character in MLP which is very popular among the generals here
>>
>>61915869
I recognize that bulge!
>>
>>61915765
Wasn't it laggy as fuck?
>>
>>61916313
>Where are you going to draw the line of where speech becomes violence or abuse
Listen to yourself, faggot. Speech can't be violence or abuse. There doesn't have to be any lines drawn. Planning a crime or sharing cp or something is the only time when speech should be prosecuted
>>
>>61914450
OP, there's an anon Matrix server available at https://banter.city and a gateway at https://totallysafe.website to get in. This is a anon-operated server too, no need to worry about censorship or removal.

Check out our General Discussion room to get started at https://totallysafe.website/#/room/#general:banter.city https://matrix.to/#/#general:banter.city and we'll help you get started.

Banter City is open as a bunker for any group that feels threatened by Discord's recent decisions, and will remain a free-speech friendly community unconditionally.
>>
If anyone could control the free flow of information on the internet torrents wouldn't be here still. All these companies are doing is telling children to be racist elsewhere. You have literally hundreds of technological options and alternatives
>>
>>61917793
i do remember hearing some beeping coming from my side when using it, but it seems to have disappeared now. also they have variable bit encoding as an option now
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.