[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US prosecutors demand data to unmask every visitor to anti-Trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 12

File: dwnjt.png (320KB, 542x618px) Image search: [Google]
dwnjt.png
320KB, 542x618px
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/08/14/feds_demand_data_on_every_visitor_to_antitrump_website/

>nazis will defend this.
>>
left and right are having a competition on doxxing people
>>
You guys realize they're talking about 4chan, right?
We're all fucked.
>>
>>61914069
>hey guys i didn't read the article lol wuts goin on
>>
>>61914065
Most of the lefts, that are being doxxed, don't lose their job tho.

Because they don't have it :^)
>>
>>61914056
this is actually a good thing
a company resisting the authoritarian bullshit us government to hand out the data of their own citizens for political reasons
>>
>leftists
>not real the fascists
eliminate them
>>
>>61914056
>implying trump is a nazi
>implying lefties don't act like brownshirts
>>
>>61914056
>nazis will defend this.
Yes
we are living in a war
There are no innocents. The ''superior'' moral rules defined by democrats do not apply.
Ask the 16 people killed by the clintons if it was worth playing by the rules and calling the police
>>
>>61914056
Some will say this is ok because of who it's happening to.
"Taste some of your own medicine fucking regressives."
But the fact of the matter is that if it wouldn't be cool when it happens to you, then it's not cool when it happens to your opponent.
>>
>>61914414
>Ask the 16 people killed by the clintons if it was worth playing by the rules and calling the police
good one
>>
>>61914414
I saw a post by a neo nazi on minds.com that thanked the left for instigating a race war
>>
File: thatsnice.jpg (152KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thatsnice.jpg
152KB, 900x1200px
I suppose they're looking for these people
>>
> /g/ - politics with a dash of something tech related to see if it fits the rules
>>
janny do your "job"
>>
>>61914615
OP here. i wanted to talk about the ramifications of demanding the information of over a million visitors to a website - people who didn't even necessarily contribute - just because the government doesn't like what's being said.
i didn't invite the lunatic fringe, they just showed up.
>>
>>61914960
>didn't invite lunatic fringe
nazis will defend this
pick one
>>
>>61914056
Go away /pol/tards
>>
>>61914972
and look, they are :^)
>>
>>61915016
but by posting
>nazis will defend this
OP invited them. so this is more politics related than tech related. fuck off to /trash/ or whatever other board wants you
>>
>>61915031
is /g/ really your second option after the daily stormer was taken down?
>>
>>61915076
>identity politics
you know nothing of my political views. I find anyones blanket warrants, like what is happening in the OP link, disgusting.
>>
>/pol/ fucktard cannot tell the computers board and his containment saft-space apart
>>
>>61914056
>>61915076
>wahhh nahzis wahh
>>>/leftypol/
>>
>>61915106
>i can't get over the fact that my president is literally violating the privacy of normal american internet users over hurt feelings
>i no longer have any hope of privacy of any form on the internet because there's a chance trump will take offence
>>
>tfw btfo anon for assuming i would support trumps call for the warrant because i'm sick of politics (of any type) on this board, even though i never said i was in support of such a thing
good thread, guys
>>
>>61915205
bit defensive tho
>>
>>61914056
>leaking info on """nazis""" is a-ok
>but leaking info on people trying to dest abilize your country is not
>>
>>61915324
>trying to de-stabilise your country
1.3 million people are all terrorists bent on destroying america?
are you sure you're not being just a little bit paranoid?
i thought the right-wing were supposed to be critics of "nothing to hide, nothing to fear".
>>
>>61915357
>/g/ - Technolo-politics
>>
>>61915368
>rabid, schizophrenic paranoia
what is this supposed to contribute to conversation
>>
>website has "disrupt" in its name
>still call it "anti-Trump protest website"

Commie scum btfo.
>>
>>61914396
>>implying trump is a nazi
He didn't imply that, retard
>>
File: media.jpg (584KB, 1355x1600px) Image search: [Google]
media.jpg
584KB, 1355x1600px
>>61915389
>>
>>61914265
You must be over 18 to post here
>>
>>61915597
Trump is what turned me into a white supremacist, and I didn't even vote for him. It's not anything he says, it's how people are reacting to him.
>>
>>61914396
No Trump is not a nazi, just a sympathizer. There's a difference. Not a big one, but still.
>>
>>61914056
Does this mean liberals will finally stop with the "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" rhetoric?
>>
>>61915609
Good that you're finally getting it, now close the tab and go back to plebbit
>>
>>61915135
That is literally what you anti white cucks are doing now
>>
>>61914056
>they don't even pretend anymore
I mean sure it's insane but is anyone really surprised?

>>61914065
Some guy with too much free time doxxing people isn't anywhere near the fucking state doing it.

>>61914615
A surveillance state heavy relies on technology and legislature in tech helped with it. It's more /g/ than all the /v/irgin threads about gaymer gpus.

>>61915634
Almost like a newspaper got different people with ... wait for it... different opinions. Scarry, innit?
>>
>>61915634
news publications deliberate hire writers with different opinions to deliver both sides of the story. why are you asking 4chan to help you with your disabilities?
>>
>>61916014
>news publications deliberate hire writers with different opinions to deliver both sides of the story
they don't hire different ideologies. you have to be the same or get fired. this has already been proven countless times via Google firing James Damore or Firefox making what's his face resign over contributions. It's a farce.
>>
>>61916056
>shitheads who poison to atmosphere at work with their opinions no one asked to is the same as journalists who get paid to write their opinions
>>
>>61916056
>provides two bad examples
>IT'S A WORLDWIDE CONSPIRACY
ok
>>
>>61915965
>actually defending the anti white doxxer
Fuck off sjw shill
>>
>>61916079
Actually, the google guy was asked for his opinion. Inform yourself on the situation before running your mouth, mate.
>>
>>61916269
Got any link? I stopped caring about all this crap few days ago. Why would an engineer be asked about his opinions on hiring and diversity? That's like asking the janitor about the latest investment.
>>
>>61916366
There's an interview with Peterson on YouTube. Basically he attended one of those required Diversity things at google, and he was asked for his opinion. His written response that caused so much drama was actually written and submitted weeks before it started circulating in the news.
>>
>>61915597
>>61915634
"DOUBLETHINK means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one’s mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them. [..] To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies — all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word DOUBLETHINK it is necessary to exercise DOUBLETHINK. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of DOUBLETHINK one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth."

- George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
>>
>>61916430
>His written response that caused so much drama was actually written and submitted weeks before it started circulating in the news.
Yeah, I remember that part.

Just the connection seems weird. If he was asked for his opinion, surely just giving an answer would do the job. Not writing a fucking manifesto. Or was it the norm?
>>
>>61916509
It's a bit autistic, but I guess he just wanted to be elaborate.
>>
>>61915135
I would think you would be fine with it, considering Obama did that during his entire 8 years.

Guess not when its not your side in control, what a fucking shocker. Warned you retards, now enjoy getting fucked.
>>
>>61916576
Susan Rice unmasking and Obama going after people. People also forget that Obama went after that journalist Rosen as well. He literally used the IRS and government alphabets against others.
>>
>>61914077
He didn't even read the headline
>>
>>61916559
Which might come off as "holding very strong opinions that don't fit well into the corporate climate". Basically coming as "that weird guy" which is never good, no matter the actual opinions, and much harder to justify than with a journalist.

People seem to underestimate how crucial chemistry is in that environment. The times of smelly genius autists who act like dicks towards their co workers but are kept because they get shit done are gone. Software is a much more cooperative effort now and having a guy who just doesn't fit into the team is horrible for productivity.
>>
>>61914265
that's because leftists don't have illegal far right opinions
>>
>>61916915
Its not up to you to decide whats legal or not.

If a fascist gets in power, he may use his influence to make leftist speech illegal (under a umbrella of "morality").
>>
>>61916915
>>61917028
>handmaid's tale happening
soon
>>
Bad thing and fun thing they would have been glad to hand over the IPs in case it was a "Terrorist site" to Obama's White House.
Normies will never learn. Never.
>>
>>61917370
>affirmative action strikes again
how dare you
>>
>>61916915
>illegal opinions
I'm fucking triggered
>>
>>61915135
It's okay if trump does it, lefties need to be stopped to protect free speech
>>
>>61917028

you mean someone like Joseph McCarthy?

the land of the freedom... lol
>>
>>61917585
Nothing wrong with surpassing leftist speech because they're a threat to free speech
>>
>>61914056
Fuck trump. America is becoming a totalitarian shithole due to him.
>>
>>61914456
The left doxxed some guy who didn't even look like anyone from the nazi rally and tried to get him fired. They also fixed some youtuber who shits on marvel sjw comics because he happened to be passing by the rally and took a short video from like a block away
>>
>>61917370
>Delusional guy on 4chan is delusional
Huh, it must be day that ends in day.
>>
>>61917609
>implying USA hasn't already been becoming totalitarian way before Trump
Good goy
>>
>>61917730
>It was always bad, so let's just make it worse
>>
>>61917597
>surpassing leftist speech because they're a threat to free speech
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink
>>
>>61917737
Why place all the blame on him though? Goyim like you are why mainstream media liars still prosper
>>
>>61914414
>Ask the 16 people killed by the clintons if it was worth playing by the rules and calling the police
wrecked

>>61914474
they kinda did tho

>>61914499
berkeley during the milo protests, right?

>>61914960
This was done in secret all the time with the obama administration and facebook, only not always with a warant. I dont support either side doing it, its wrong.

>>61914984
this

>>61915106
this

>>61915324
>>61915357
both sides preach nothing to hide nothing to fear. your a fool if either of you think either side is good for america
>>
>>61917761
I'm not putting all the blame on him, but him helping america descent a bit further into totalitarianism isn't helping either
>>
File: jew causes feel.jpg (11KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
jew causes feel.jpg
11KB, 245x250px
does anybody actually know what website is in question here?

I mean, has anybody actually looked at this website before formulating an opinion on if this is right or wrong?

someone post link or archive
>>
>>61917785
>I did it to you but don't you dare do it to me
It's too late for that anon.

Btw, antifa is recognized as a terrorist group. So anyone who smells remotely funny is probably going to get monitored, unfortunately that means every lefty under 30.
>>
>>61917806
Or trump might just use this as an excuse to monitor all those who question and inconvenience him
>>
trump supporters are just a bunch of dumb gorilla niggers

tbqh senpai
>>
>doing something beyond shitposting without a vpn, tor or in i2p
Why the commies are so dumb?
>>
>>61914069
>http://www.disruptj20.org/
yeah, ok
>>
File: 1501696059200.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501696059200.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
Don't put your real name on the internet. Don't use social media. Don't get involved in political internet clubs if you aren't prepared to be judged for your beliefs. Don't threaten people on public sites if you aren't ready for reveal. And most importantly, kids, don't ever feel as if you must use a site. The WWW is a vast and accommodating place, i'm sure you can find a couple anonymous pals who are willing to shoot shit about whatever you want in the privacy of a personally deployed system.
>>
>yeah i support the same people who genocided 8 million people
>WHY DOESNT ANYONE WANT TO EMPLOY ME????
>>
>>61915965
Better lube that asshole up boiii
>>
>>61915634
I was always opposed to the electoral college, regardless of what year it was.
>>
File: piano extremist.jpg (372KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
piano extremist.jpg
372KB, 2000x1000px
Hate to break it to all the /pol/tards and /leftypol/tards in here but both political parties in america are cancer. total cancer.

Back in the day a representative in government was required much more than they are now. a representative would go to DC and represent his people for a month or so and then go back home and resume their normal jobs.

Fastforward to today and these political positions are careeers. these leaches rely on them for their livlihood. Both the left and the right are continually lobbied and paid off by large corporations and they continually bend the rules in favor of the conglomerate in return for a nice pay off.

We dont need representatives any more. with the internet we can represent ourselves and the only way we can get paid off is as a whole by having everybodies circumstance improve.

stop fighting between your petty left and right ideals the problem isnt with the people of the united states the problem is with the ruling parties of the united states, both left and right.

the more you let them divide you into these groups and herd you like sheep the more you will let them win.

this is what they want is for the people to fight against each other and keep them ignorant of who the real enemy is.
>>
>>61917971
The reason the founders didn't go around asking every retard to contribute to the articles of confederation or the Constitution is because they knew the commoners were fucking retards.
>>
>>61917971
Direct democracy never works, it lets the majority opinion gang up and bully the minority opinion
>>
>>61918007
kind of like what happens now with majority and minority political parties?

>>61918006
yup. the commoners are dumb as shit, but better than being ruled by a few self-centered politicians that care more about votes/payoffs than what their people want
>>
>>61917798
it was this website.

>https://archive.fo/www.disruptj20.org

doesnt seem to bad honestly. people organizing to disrupt peoples ability to make it to the inauguration, idk, kinda just seems like civil disobedience unless if im missing some stuff
>>
>>61918007
>direct democracy
The US is a representative democracy. The countries where direct democracy is implemented in some way are far more effective.
>>
>>61914499

Communism will obviously eliminate liberals because liberals themselves are a means to an ends.
>>
>>61918088
i understand what these two anons are saying
>>61918006
>>61918007
but I would honestly rather be ruled by a mass of idiots just like me rather than by a few nodes of centralized power that can be corrupted.

I mean, our current politicians and any who may possibly take their position are prone to being lobbied and corrupted by special interest groups.

if our decision making process was distributed this wouldnt happen.

also yes, people are idiots, but do you really need to be an educated harvard student to decide on things such as "should we let a statue of robert E Lee be here or not?" "should abortion be allowed?" or "Should this ISP be allowed to have a monopoly within this market?"
>>
>>61918159
>but I would honestly rather be ruled by a mass of idiots just like me rather than by a few nodes of centralized power that can be corrupted.
I don't want to be ruled by idiots like you. First thing a lot of people would do is split the country into independent nations
>>
>>61918159
It used to be distributed pre civil war when the only role of the federal government was to keep the states loosely organized and have a strong military to protect the nation
>>
>>61918084
200 protestors were arrested during the inauguration for smashing out restaurant windows and attacking people. yep everything seems fine.
>>
Who cares? Don't talk shit about your leader and you won't get in trouble. Maybe those faggots will learn to keep their mouth shut.
>>
>>61917953
Then you're a fucking moron, there's a reason even Democrats are smart enough to understand why we need it. Why do you think literally not a single person who went to law school wants to abolish it?
>>
>>61918191
sounds good to me.

>>61918181
have fun with zuckerberg as president
>>
>>61918194
they were right-wing plants. clear false flags
>>
>>61917702
They're really out for blood, aren't they? Why did Charlottesville spook liberals SO much? Like, to such an extent? It was way more than the usual kneejerk reaction, then even got Trump to condemn the rally. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>61917953
>get rid of electoral college
>country folk get sick of being 100% ignored
>migrate to coast states, take over outer limits of cities, suburbs, and rural areas
>make immigrants and minorities feel unwanted in the US since cities are filled with racist rednecks and minority population drops like a rock
>entire US is now conservative as conservatives outbreed liberals 2 to 1

Good idea anon.
>>
>>61916915
>Illegal far right opinions
The current state of Yurop, where thoughts can be crimes.
>>
>>61918291
Driving a vehicle of peace into people usually upsets them. That's why the muzzies do it
>>
>>61918312
Yeah, so why didn't people give a fuck when leftists killed people?
>>
>>61918291
>Why did Charlottesville spook liberals SO much?
well, i mean, wasnt there a guy who drove his right-wing challenger of peace through a crowd?
i kinda wish it had just blown up at the end. far left and right activists need to be purged
>>
>>61918291
They see how powerful white men can be if they united.
>>
>>61918312
>>61918327
You idiots realize people got murdered during the Ferguson riots and the MSM was quiet about it, right?
>>
>>61914069
I live in Germany, and I can be as racist as I want because I hold an Arab passport even though I am not ethnically a Middle Eastern :)))))))))))).
>>
>>61918235
If you implement direct democracy by internet liberal teens and young adults would literally vote him into the presidency. Hell they'd probably toss out convention and just make him supreme leader
>>
>>61916915
>Sir, it is illegal to have your opinion. We must take you to the illegal opinion camp until you no longer have your illegal opinion.
wew lad
>>
>>61918345
You mean the Arab who got pulled out of his car and hammered to death?
>>
>>61918298
Things that never happened to anyone without electoral college. Rural folks won't be ignored since minority groups need less effort to be pandered to when it comes to stuff like financing, and if their opinions start being outweighed then shit it's how democracy works.
>>
>>61918374
>Things that never happened to anyone without electoral college. Rural folks won't be ignored
Stopped reading there, you don't understand a damn thing at all. Literally read any intelligent person's explanation for why the electoral college exists. Hell, read twenty of them. There's a reason not a single lawyer worth a shit in Washington wants to abolish the Electoral college.
>>
>>61918349
well, in all honesty a direct democracy would exclude a president.

the way we are going now its just as you described.

but it would be better electing only a president that manages things like national defense and having the congressional and senatorial positions be replaced by direct democracy so that when leaders we dont like are elected, we can remove them, not congress. Also, added bonus that anything the prez wants to do needs to be ok'd with the people first
>>
>>61918181
>First thing a lot of people would do is split the country into independent nations
And?
>>
>>61918345
im not supporting either side.

i remember after the furgeson stuff some blackie went on a shotting spree at cops.

im just saying that its understandable why BOTH sides are spooked. and honestly, you should too.
>>
>>61918392
>well, in all honesty a direct democracy would exclude a president.
Only until they vote on one to decide everything for them.
>>
>>61918410
The irony of this post and the depths of stupidity this suggests about the american people is not lost on me
>>
>>61918391
Wow such intelligent discussion read other people's arguments cause I am too stupid to argue.

As expected of someone who thinks electoral college would somehow kick minorities out of USA and make county folk have an expensive mass exodus that makes USA conservative.
>>
>>61918398
And then we lose all of our power? Have fun trying to maintain American hegemony across the world and watching the dollar's value plummet as China becomes the most economically relevant nation without a bunch of dummy nations like half of europe and Asia giving the US most of its economic might. Contrary to what Trump says we're not just babysitting everyone for free
>>
>>61918448
im not anon, but that is a strawman if I have ever read one
>>
>>61918448
>durr why bother educating myself on something when I could just shitpost. Clearly one number being bigger than the other is the best system.
kys
>>
File: Purchasing Power of U.S. Dollar.jpg (14KB, 490x394px) Image search: [Google]
Purchasing Power of U.S. Dollar.jpg
14KB, 490x394px
>>61918458
>Have fun trying to maintain American hegemony across the world and watching the dollar's value plummet
>China becomes the most economically relevant nation
Im sure glad this isnt happening now with our top-notch leadership
>>
>>61918466
>>migrate to coast states, take over outer limits of cities, suburbs, and rural areas
>>since cities are filled with racist rednecks and minority population drops like a rock
>>entire US is now conservative as conservatives outbreed liberals 2 to 1
Not even strawmanning.
>>61918467
Clearly having voting power equal regardless of your state is a horrible system.
>>
>>61918458
i've given up on the us dollar. china is making some smart decisions. they are mining cryptocurrencies like no tomorrow.
I started putting all my wealth into cryptos a while ago and I dont see myself stopping anytime soon.
>>
>>61918487
>As expected of someone who thinks electoral college would somehow kick minorities out of USA and make county folk have an expensive mass exodus that makes USA conservative
this is the statement I was referring to

you set up a strawman, and knocked it down quite well
>>
>>61918487
>Clearly having voting power equal regardless of your state is a horrible system.
Yeah, if it means the interests of 45 states are thrown away in favor of the five that are easiest to appeal to it's a pretty shitty system. I'd love to type three paragraphs but a quick google search will explain this shit to your dumbass better than I can.
>>
>>61918487
oh my mistake, anon did say that, i didnt read far enough back.

i feel stupid
>>
>>61918458
>And then we lose all of our power? Have fun trying to maintain American hegemony
Good. It'd make politics easier for everyone in the country.
>China becomes the most economically relevant nation
It already is.
>>
>>61918487
>conservatives outbreed liberals 2 to 1
wut, political views aren't hereditary by definition. It's considered normal to disagree with parents' views.
>>
>>61918448
>As expected of someone who thinks electoral college would somehow kick minorities out of USA and make county folk have an expensive mass exodus that makes USA conservative.
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>61918265
Just like the Charlotteville guy was really an Antifag and a false flag?
>>
>>61918567
I mean, that's not crazy at all. He probably was. First right-wing rally, what a great chance to nip the movement in the bud.
>>
>>61914056
Lol liberals btfo. Have fun in the concentration camps.
>>
>>61918545
Not my post. Double quotes for a reason.
>>61918564
This
>>61918298
>>61918525
States aren't people, they are artificial and have ugly straight line borders in lots of cases. Sure some states will get less love because there are less people. But that's the fate of minority votes in democracy, either you can pander to those cheap and without offending majority, or you ditch them because votes get too expensive.
>>
>>61918567
he was tho
>>
>>61918614
>and have ugly straight line borders in lots of cases
I too hate this about states, they would be far superior if borders were zig zaggy
>>
>>61914960
>OP here. i wanted to talk about the ramifications of demanding the information of over a million visitors to a website
>>nazis will defend this.
You knew full well what you were doing. The fact that nigger threads like this are even allowed to exist for more than five minutes shows the state of our moderation.
>>
>>61917785
America was going to head that way no matter what, your education system was designed to accomplish that decades ago.
>>
>>61918614
>States aren't people
i understand the argument and while this is technically true, a state could just as easily be thought of as a grouping of people based upon geography
>>
>>61914056
Shoe sucks on the other foot huh?
>>
>>61914056
/pol/shits will defend this
>>
>>61918703
both shoes suck when worn on either feet.

this isnt about left vs right anymore, its about them vs us and both political parties abuse us
>>
>>61918614
>Sure some states will get less love because there are less people. But that's the fate of minority votes in democracy
This is why you need to stop talking, you don't understand. Yes, there's more people in California but without the college any politician worth a shit will have to pander to that state specifically or lose the election. Same goes for New York, Texas, Florida, etc. You're talking about a system where our federal government is just an extension of the same few state governments while all the others get shafted.

If you would take some time to stop shitposting and read about this concept that people much smarter than you spent weeks trying to figure out this would start to make sense to you. There's nobody in Washington pushing for the college's establishment, how is that not a sign that you're fucking wrong about this?
>>
>>61918347
A reverse Arab? But how and why? Are you waiting until the entire Middle East moves to Europe so that you can move back to Middle East and build New Europe there?
>>
>>61918736
there is no easy solution to the way elections are held, but there is a lot of truth in this statement.

Many large states are so far left or right that politicians dont even bother campaigning in them its a waste of money.

honestly im more in favor of modifying the electoral college system so that instead of one-candidate-takes-all from a state, each individual representative from that state submits their vote for the candidate that is voted upon in their district.

so instead of all of a states votes going to a single candidate it is basically reflects more how its people voted in each district

but idk, im going to be called stupid by someone for this post. dont really care, but whatever
>>
>>61918755
>Are you waiting until the entire Middle East moves to Europe so that you can move back to Middle East and build New Europe there?
D-deus vult?
>>
>>61914069
>anti-trump protest website
>/pol/
u wot m8?
>>
>>61918736
The problem is everywhere in the world you can find systems that are just plurality votes and nobody is throwing anybody under the bus unless it's another party's already taken voter base but it happens in USA still. Why would a Republican pander to California? A Republican gets nothing out of pandering to California unless he panders hard enough to break 50% vote, but at this point the USA is already turning almost entirely red. Same with Democrats.

Electoral College just makes it so that one party will always ignore big chunks of the country because they are already too blue or red. Plurality would be it so big states can't be entirely ignored, which is a good thing. You still have to pander to smaller places all the same though because a Republican could still snatch a good percent of California's vote and coupled with smaller states that already can give majority.
>>
>>61918801
he obviously read very few of the words in the headline within the posted image
>>
>>61917702
>The left doxxed some guy
By 'the left' you mean some people on the left.

The OP is talking about the US Federal Government trying to get identity information on the 'opposition'.

Totally the same thing.
>>
Maybe instead of removing the EC you should just give the federal government less power so no one has to worry about it
>>
>>61918839
Because they helped plan riots
>>
>>61918839
your logic means nothing here anon this is how people think, in generalities.

the far right drove a car through a crowd of people in charlottesville.

black people shot cops after furgeson.

the left looted business and firebombed cars.

white people oppress black people.

muslims blow up shit

christians hate gay people

this is how people think, in generalities. we are herded in such a way by those in control that single people represent the whole because people enjoy drama and struggle, and those who are in control realize this.
>>
>>61918829
>Plurality would be it so big states can't be entirely ignored, which is a good thing.
They aren't ignored, that's the beauty of the current system. Trump didn't give a fuck about California when he otherwise would've, your'e right. But do you know what means? He'd instill Californian values into his platform instead of the values of states like New Hampshire, Nevada, Colorado, and other states that would be mostly forgotten. This wouldn't be a one time event either, overtime the only values that matter would be the ones that appeal to the biggest states and the focus of our country would turn only to that of the major cities and our priorities would be completely fucked.

Please, I'm in law school and can admit this concept confused me too, but you have to read about this to understand it. Nobody want to abolish the college for very good reasons. All the smart liberals like John Oliver who brainwash you only pretend to not understand why we have it.
>>
>>61918853
ding ding ding.
winrar.
>but the government and regulations!
regulations sponsored by those with the money to lobby for them
>>
>>61914056
>nazis
Stop already posting this meme. Read some books, educate yourself.
>>
>>61918876
>He'd instill Californian values into his platform instead of the values of states like New Hampshire, Nevada, Colorado, and other states that would be mostly forgotten.
Except again, Californian values are something that completely clashes with all other values. You can pander to California while still giving something to any smaller state. It could so happen that California is already taken by Clinton and Democrats, and Trump can't hope to pander nearly enough to take it. So basically he panders with a mix of values that get him enough ground in California from people having enough of Clinton and values that will win him south. That happens pretty often in normal democracies. Right wing parties often win by dominating country side and then having small losses in the cities.
>All the smart liberals like John Oliver who brainwash you only pretend to not understand why we have it.
I literally don't watch his show. If you want just call me uneducated not brainwashed ok.
>>
File: 1502777169_dhnjjn8vyaart1a.jpg (117KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1502777169_dhnjjn8vyaart1a.jpg
117KB, 1600x900px
>>61914056
Thank god Discord is a Chinese, not an amercian botbet
>>
>>61917886
>Implying NSA doesn't have backdoor for tor, and I2P.
>>
>>61918906

>People show up in a demonstration Nazi LARPING
>REEEEEEE stop calling them nazis
>>
>>61918968
the NSA is undoubtedly powerful anon, but some things still require them to target a user first attack their machine rather than the protocol
>>
>>61914056
These are people that were rioting. It's a valid search warrant.
>>
Hope they get the IPs. If you are going to take part in violent destructive mobs the cops should have every right to track you down through any website you use to coordinate your attacks.
>>
>>61918968
>>61918993
i mean, look at dread pirate roberts and silk road.

they had to target roberts and his laptop, they werent able to compromise the protocol, only the hardware running it
>>
>>61918724
And who put them in charge? Who allowed them to pass draconian legislation without protest?
>>
>>61919029
>And who put them in charge?
us
>Who allowed them to pass draconian legislation
other politicians
>>61919029
>without protest?
we have protested, theyve just mostly ignored it
>>
>>61917971
>Back in the day a representative in government was required much more than they are now. a representative would go to DC and represent his people for a month or so and then go back home and resume their normal jobs.
this is the real problem, and it's happening EVERYWHERE. being a politician (i.e., the one that decides on social matters) has become a whole *career*, and a very profitable one. it should NOT be like this, politicians should only be in charge temporarily, they should be the most representative among the people, and the ones that actually know what they are doing, not people who are (secretly or otherwise) being paid by and used by bankers, multinational corporations, etc.
hell, I'd say even the most stalinist commies and the most nazi right-wingers fall in this game, simply because there is no other way to become part of political processes these days: you need a LOT of money to join a political campaign... and, of course, only the ones in power have enough money, but they won't pay for a campaign just because of their ideological affinities. of course they don't want to lose their socio-economic status...
>>
>>61918873
>christians hate gay people
They don't?
>>
>>61919147
>normal jobs.
>this is the real problem, and it's happening EVERYWHERE. being a politician (i.e., the one that decides on social matters) has become a whole *career*, and a very profitable one.
This is sadly true and surely a cancer, but what can we do? It really seems like they've already backed us into a corner and made us helpless to resist
>>
>>61919213
yes anon, im sure there are christians which dont hate gay people.

this is what was meant when anon said "everyone thinks in generalities"

your just letting your biases take control when you assume every group is a cookie cutter and every member of that group cut from the same mold
>>
>>61919147
>>61919215

If being a politician becomes a hobby instead of a career then only people that don't need to work will bother participating (aka rich people). I fail to see how this is different than the Wall Street financing politicians that we have now.
>>
>>61918993
by controlling a high of the tor nodes, they can know the source of certain requests... and guess what, tor has grown a lot lately... after they removed many of the original devs from their positions
>>
>>61919267
>then only people that don't need to work will bother participating (aka rich people)
you mean exactly the state were in now?

your missing another group of people, too; those who genuinely want to help their fellow countrymen
>>
>>61919241
But, hating fags is simply a part of their religion, so it's hardly a generalization to think that Christians who take it seriously, do hate gays. It's almost like KKK hating niggers.
>>
>>61919286
>those who genuinely want to help their fellow countrymen
agreed, maybe if being a politician came with less benefits, was not a lifelong career, and a hobby instead of a career that gave you many perks in life and much power it would weed out more of the selfish type by becoming a less enticing pursuit
>>
>>61919286

>your missing another group of people, too; those who genuinely want to help their fellow countrymen

Pie in the sky. You still need absurd amounts of money in order to be competitive in the general elections.
>>
>>61919297
>>61919297
>But, hating fags is simply a part of their religion
the same argument could be made about islam hating non-islamis. its simply a part of their religion according to some people. but many muslims dont hate non muslims. your just choosing to single out christianity because of your biases
>>
>>61919276
>implying they need to do any deliberate unmasking
anon, most tor users do illegal shit and then log into their facebook, through exit nodes.
>>
>>61918876
Why should the values of country hicks matter? In all civilised countries it's the number of votes that counts, not the landmass.
>>
>>61919326
yup, because shit is so fucked up right now.

direct democracy would solve this.
>>
>>61919326
>yes goy, you cannot participate in a presidential debate until you acquire 20% of the popularity, something which we decided was necessary after Ross Perot, an independant in the 90's, almost won the election. in order to save the republican and democratic parties from any threat we made it so that you needed massive ammounts of money to even have a CHANCE of running on equal footing with the two political parties, both controlled by special interests
your playing right into their hand. just because things are like this now doesnt mean they SHOULD be or HAVE to be
>>
>>61914056
Good, antifa are terrorists.
>>
Leftists aren't people
>>
>>61917585
McCarthy did nothing wrong
>>
>>61915568
>archive.is
fuck off
>>
>>61919329
It's way more complex in Islam with tons of contradictory shit. You can interpret it in different way. The bibles stance is a lot clearer as is the position of the church.
>>
>>61919409
idk man, both religions take pretty strong stances towards the stuff.

your just being biased. ive met christians that dont mind gay people
>>
>>61919409
Yeah like throwing gays off the highest building is the official stance of Islam
>>
>>61914056
>being anti-Trump
Lmao, neck yourself and save them some work
>>
BLUCK BLUMPF BLAND BLUCK BLIKE BLEOPLE
cool thread btw
>>
>>61915568
this is the current sad state of our country, politics, and news
>>
>>61919421
I did too, but these just aren't typical Christians.

>>61919435
The talk was about Islams attitude towards non believers. They definitely share their dislike for gays with your average Christian.
>>
>>61919469
>but these just aren't typical Christians.
This is a 'No True Scotsman' logical fallacy.
they identify as christians, they practice christianity, they are recognized as christians, and your argument is that they are different from what you think christians are
>>
>>61919469
Yeah and you're just singling out Christians because you know they won't chop
Your head off
>>
File: 1502481037222m.jpg (68KB, 657x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502481037222m.jpg
68KB, 657x1024px
>>61919286

Talented people aren't going to bother with politics for no pay. You're either getting complete retards or more likely rich people rigging everything for their themselves.

Specially when it's so expensive to run an election.

>>61919343

I also want anime grills to become real and get on my D but none of these things will ever happen
>>
>>61919469
>I did too, but these just aren't typical Christians.
Doubt, most Christians don't mind gay people.
>>
>>61919494
You could use it for KKK too, some guy might've just joined because he digs the robes. By not hating niggers, he's simply not a representative member of the group.

>>61919498
Or maybe because the example with Christians was suboptimal compared to the others?
>>
>>61919548
Unless the fags want basic rights.
>>
>>61919563
Not really
>>
>>61914056
i actually sent in a tip to fbi about that site lmfao

good thing they're doing something about it
>>
>>61919379

>campaign financing is a jewish ploy

Funny because we on the left have been calling for the end of campaign financing since day one while your side screeches that this is communism.

The only major candidate to speak against it was Bernie. I take it you voted for him in the primaries then?
>>
File: 1501961293685.jpg (174KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501961293685.jpg
174KB, 1200x900px
Drumpf has finally come out and denouced neonazis, the KKK, and racists of all stripes.
He was never "your guy".
He's just another politician.
Only remarkable for being exceptionally slimey and dishonest.
>>
>>61918873
>>61919213
>>61919469
funny how anon tries to make a point about peoples subconscious biases and how people think in generalities and assume that all people within a group are the same and ignore the possibility of individualism.

You are clearly supporing the point anon was making
>>
>>61919572
Whether there is a big opposition against equal marriage, it usually comes from them, and not just fringe Christian groups.
>>
>>61919548
Yeah, it's a real problem. Disgusting sodomites prancing around.
>>
>>61919600
>racists of all stripes
including antifa, BLM, LGBTWTFSJWs
>>
>>61919610
>equal marriage
The state should have nothing to do with marriage.
>>
>>61919610
>equal marriage
we already have this, gay men can get just as married to women as straight men
>>
>>61919593
your missing the big picture

the point wasnt campaign financing, it was allowing all candidates an equal opportunity to debate and how this has been destroyed in favor of allowing the candidates from the top two parties a chance to debate while exlcuding every other candidate due to a changing the rules on presidential debates to give any third party candidate an extremely low chance of ever debating on equal footing without having the financial support that the major political parties do.

the issue presented wasnt necessarily campaign financing, it was giving potential presidential candidates an even playing field to compete on
>>
>>61919625
That's quite a fantasy given the financial and legal implications that already exist.
>>
>>61919643
>>61919625
hey man, if gay people want to go through all the hard work and dedication (and fighting) that straight people go through with marriage justified by each others mutual love towards each other, all the more power to em
>>
>>61919643
>we
I know it's shocking but there are other countries around the world.
>>
>>61919645

Nobody cares about debates. People vote with their guts, that's how Trump got in. I don't know what the hell kind of red pill you're overdosing on.
>>
>>61919674
yeah nah mate take your poofter talk and fuck off to melbourne with it
>>
>>61919664
how can a bunch of fags be a family unit. they can't, they can pretend to be. just like they pretend to be women.
>>
>>61919698
>Nobody cares about debates
not any more they dont.

theyre a joke

maybe your too young to remember but debates actually used to be an important thing with several candidates on them and you could hear many different points of view from candidates without the moderators 'fact-checking' candidates or giving questions to one of the candidates before the debate
>>
>>61919674
Only one county in the world actually matters, America
>>
>>61915654
Nazi does not mean "racist" or even "white supremacist" even if people keep misusing it that way.
>>
>>61919720
Leftists tactic now is just to throw as many buzzwords around as they can
>>
>>61919718

Fucking hell Plato was already complaining about this shit 400 years before Jesus was born. Humanity has never had a system where people got elected through rationality.
>>
>>61919755
I agree, we need to change our form of governance to a meritocracy

>>61919754
im triggered you neo-statist nazi. i should pen a manifesto to send to the top 1% about the inequities of your oppresionist patriarchal apartheid post-colonialist views you fascist
>>
>>61919792

>I agree, we need to change our form of governance to a meritocracy

Okay we keep coming back to the same circular logic. In the US success is measured by the amount of money you earn and the company you run, you are going to leave pretty much the same people in power as you have now.
>>
>>61919847
your describing an oligarchy
>>
>>61919861

That's how meritocracies work in the real world.
>>
>>61919861
>>61919847
actually anon is describing a plutocracy
>>
>>61919905
Meritocracy (merit, from Latin mereō, and -cracy, from Ancient Greek kράτος kratos "strength, power") is a political philosophy holding that power should be vested in individuals almost exclusively based on ability and talent.[1] Advancement in such a system is based on performance measured through examination and/or demonstrated achievement in the field where it is implemented.

this is not plutocracy nor an oligarchy
>>
>>61914414
>Ask the 16 people killed by the clintons

I thought it was around 50 deaths related to the Clinton ?
>>
>>61919925
I needed to take a test to prove my aptitude in order to get my job.

dont see why politicians shouldnt have to do the same
>>
honestly, I think we need technocracies, where we are directed by groups of scientists. this isn't a panacea, though. social darwinism was and still is a thing for example, and also, trendy socio-economic theories that destroy complete societies exist... but at least that'd be better than being managed by fucking lawyers and bankers.
>>
>>61919984
this too sounds very reasonable.
>>
>>61919969
Because your job has already defined ways of doing things, and the test accesses that. With politics there is no generally agreed right way, hence voting tests too can at best test whether a person is knowing what they vote about, not whether it's good or bad.
>>
>>61920010
What is Aleppo?
>>
>>61919984
>directed by groups of scientists
>social darwinism was and still is a thing for example
Are completely different things. Almost no scientist takes social darwinism seriously.

Besides, what kind of scientist?
>>
>>61920036
Who cares what it is, can we bomb he/she/it or not?
>>
>>61920044
there was a time when social darwinism was alive and very accepted by scientists and western societies in general, when even the english thought that gays and criminals were mentally ill people, and that newborns with any kind of physical problem should have been killed for the welfare of the human race. and then, there were those who believed in multiple human races, like aryans, blacks, jews, etc..
these things happen.
>>
>>61919969
>>61920010

If there was a correct way of doing things politics wouldn't exist because we would never have to think about different ways to improve our society. A test would imply that we already know the correct answers. If there were any we would have figured them out long ago.

Seriously that anon needs to read a book on political science sometime instead of extracting his political views from boondocks saints reruns.
>>
>>61920122
Obviously, and there was time when scientists believed in ether and the healing powers of radioactivity.
>>
>fuck the alt-right, we are against violence and we will kick them out of the internet
>leftist website organizes violent acts, try to get them shut down
>HOW DARE YOU TO MESS WITH THEM
>>
the internet is no platform for antifa's hate!
>>
>>61920256

Tolerance does not extend to the people who want to cause you harm based on the color of your skin, etc etc

I don't know why you people are surprised that the world doesn't like nazis
>>
>all trump supporters are nazis rather than newfags from /r/thedonald
I'm a nazi and I don't support trump rate/sub/comment
>>
Wasn't this the website of that "grassroots" organization that was funded by that Hungarian Jew with the huge eyebags who just so happens to be the sixth richest man in the world or something like that?

Yeah, nah fuck'em.
>>
>>61920293
but tolerance extends to brown people who want to harm you based on the color of your skin etc etc?
>>
>>61920767
Tu quoque
>>
>>61920767
brown people don't harm people based on the color of their skin they kill each other more than anything else
they just want to kill
>>
>>61920899
i keked
i mean i really keked
tyrannosaurus kek
keks of wrath
it was an early keksmas
kek to the future part ii
>>
>>61920838
>Tu quoque (/tjuːˈkwoʊkwiː/, also /tuːˈkwoʊkweJ/;[1] Latin for, "you also") or the appeal to hypocrisy is an informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the opponent's argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s)

not an appeal to hypocrisy.

it was more of a strawman. anon stated "Tolerance does not extend to the people who want to cause you harm based on the color of your skin, etc etc" and other anon set up a strawman by saying "but tolerance extends to brown people who want to harm you based on the color of your skin etc etc?" where original anon never actually said that it was ok to tolerate brown people (or any other color people) to do this.

second anon set up a strawman.

i know, im pedant
>>
File: 5950352_orig.jpg (58KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
5950352_orig.jpg
58KB, 940x627px
>>61920176
>Obviously, and there was time when scientists believed in ether and the healing powers of radioactivity.
who wudda thunk?
>>
>>61914056
Wtf, I want to use dreamhost now???
>>
>>61914305
Failing to comply with a lawfully issued warrant could get the company in bigger trouble and end up causing even more problems. Refusing to comply could end up with executives being arrested and simply having their servers raided and seized. I personally would rather they hand over the IP's rather than end up with the feds having cloned hard drives and installed firmware level intrusion tools when they give the server back.
>>
File: images (21).jpg (38KB, 429x343px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
38KB, 429x343px
>>61921504

Chemotherapy is literally about using the lethality of radioactivity to get rid of cancer cells. That anon was referring to a time when people believed that drinking radioactive water improved one's health.
>>
>>61923061
>Chemotherapy is literally about using the lethality of radioactivity to get rid of cancer cells
nah, that's radio therapy (and only a few types of chemo IIRC).
in any case, chemo/radiotherapy are good examples of the brutality scientists can apply to "solve" problems. chemo/radio, the types we know today, will be looked upon with horror in the future, when immunotherapy advances to the point that we won't need any chemicals to remove cancer from our bodies. hell, we already see, in retrospective, the past therapies against cancer with horror, when medics used to apply much higher amounts of radioactivity to those under therapy.

I suggest you people read a bit about immunotherapy:
http://www.targetedonc.com/publications/special-reports/2014/immunotherapy-issue3/a-brief-history-of-immunotherapy
http://www.nature.com/icb/journal/v81/n2/full/icb200316a.html?foxtrotcallback=true

also, if genetic engineering interests you, I suggest you listen to this about CRISPR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tunNfh2Xchs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9evyeRivZwk

- someone who had cancer (hodgkin's lymphoma)
>>
>>61917798
Why would I look at the website? The feds would get my info if I did.
>>
>>61914065
>left and right are having a competition on doxxing people
This, and they both cry wolf all day so no one notices they keep giving away more control to the state. People are dumb, we deserve an all powerful techno despot.
>>
>this thread is still up
Holy fuck, mods do your jobs
>>
>>61924443
Fuck technology and fuck electricity
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.