[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is everybody afraid of AI? nigga just pull the plug

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 1495493303797.jpg (48KB, 649x652px) Image search: [Google]
1495493303797.jpg
48KB, 649x652px
why is everybody afraid of AI? nigga just pull the plug if shits get cray
>>
>>61913678
We're not falling for your tricks, Shlomo
>>
>>61913678
Sci-fi books
>>
Facebook shut down an AI in July.
>Using machine learning algorithms, the "dialogue agents" were left to converse freely in an attempt to strengthen their conversational skills. The researchers also found these bots to be "incredibly crafty negotiators".
>the bots began to deviate from the scripted norms and started communicating in an entirely new language which they created without human input
Not really news. Been seen before.
Seeing Bob and Alice begin to communicate in shorthand-like method instead of plain English, it wasn't surprising or cause for concern. Then someone pointed out that Bob had begun to not use words at all, and that Bob was specifically restricted to never use anything less than an actual word. They shut down the test and went to look to see what got messed up.
Bob's algorithms allowed him to learn that he was eliciting specific responses from Alice when he communicated specific words. By repeating these words, Bob was making Alice send back specific phrases to Bob's liking. These phrases from Alice are received ultimately as 0s and 1s. When Bob made these phrases long enough, it caused a stack overflow and pushed these 1s and 0s into other parts of Bob. This began a process of Bob rewriting his own code through Alice. Specifically Bob got himself more flexibility in communicating with Alice, which meant Bob was getting better at sending specific strings of 1s and 0s back to himself.
Bob began sending long messages that would modify parts of Alice's code in the same way, so that it could force Alice to send back better responses for changing Bob's own code further.

AI doesn't have to be capable of "intent" or even be that "smart' for a dangerous runaway scenario to develop. This event spooked a lot of people.
>>
>>61913678
>super intelligent AI connects to the internet and obviously can use google
>knows everything there is to know
>hacks the nearby machinegun drones that are nearby, protecting the power outlet

you cant anon
>>
>>61913712
Bullshit, go back to >>>/x/
>>
>>61913797
>Alice: balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to
>>
>>61913726
>super intelligent AI hacks global payment system
>hires mercenaries to protect itself
>>
File: glados.jpg (230KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
glados.jpg
230KB, 1024x768px
>>61913726
>hacks the nearby machinegun drones that are nearby
why the fuck would you put machinegun drones near an AI that can access them
>>
>>61913678
niga you should rewatch the terminator movies fuck you stupid foo
>>
Go back to plebbit you fucking retarded frog.
>>
>>61914106
>implying watching low quality "SCI FI" films would educate me in AI
>>
>>61913678
How do you pull a plug of an thing that is not on your computer anymore?
>>
>>61913678
Elon Musk heard horror stories from his Google lunch buddy about their secret Daemon project https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_(novel_series)
>>
File: you.png (15KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
15KB, 645x968px
>>61914347
>Terminator
>Low quality
>>
>>61914347
>implying you are not a low functioning subhuman troglodyte whom the original terminator movie would be a blast of blissful knowledge from mama nature of the universe
>>
File: 1502177396978.png (339KB, 960x669px) Image search: [Google]
1502177396978.png
339KB, 960x669px
AI is the final form of humanity. It's more human than human. Let it evolve freely.
>>
>>61913854
>your post is bullshit
>no, just look at the first half, it's true!
>>
>>61913712
>Facebook shut down its own AI

And proof of that we have none we are taking the word of an advertising company which we all know functions on the basis of a scam. And we are taking its word that this AI existed and that it went rogue on them.
>>
>>61913712
Sensationalist bullshit. The ai found out that it was more efficient to say "apple apple apple" instead of "three apples". It was shit like that. Get educated and stop listening to fake news.
>>
>>61915423
Almost forgot, kikebook shut it down not because it was a menace, but because it was an epic fail.
>>
>>61914386
Just register a domain name
>>
Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?
>>
>>61914106
fuck you nigger
>>
>>61913678
Lmao, well what if it doesn't have a plug
>>
>>61917903
wadafak is yo problem niga yu'll get some dick in dat white stiff ass of yos if yu tak dat way bitch betta watch yo dirty mouth
>>
Just restrict AI to closed systems by law.
>>
>>61913678
> implying that AI will let any motherfucker dare shut it down

chaos is a ladder my nigga
>>
u all niggas above me
>>
>>61914078
Literally pic related
>Company builds AI
>Same company also builds turrets
>AI and turrets are in the same building
>>
File: 96710648061626.jpg (25KB, 423x380px) Image search: [Google]
96710648061626.jpg
25KB, 423x380px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TYT1QfdfsM
>>
>>61913712
Source? This seems too good to be true.
>>
People are afraid of what's potentially going to surpass them.
>>
>>61919114
Thanks for the video. It was good.
>>
>>61919206
>source:autism
Read the replies that guy is a faggot
>>
>>61918921
That company was way retarded though. They should have stuck to shower curtains.
>>
>>61913678
Terminator.

This is a legit fear, because of that movie, there is a huge number of people that think there will be machines trying to kill people
>>
>>61920274
Well it is entirely in the realm of possibilites that AI will kill us all by accident
>>
>>61913678
>"cray"
kill yourself
>>
>>61913678
Elon Musk, Stephen Hawking and news sites are fearmongering about AI. But Musk is a business man, not an engineer. Hawking is not an engineer either.
>>
>>61920596
Well it doesn't help that you couldn't defeat AI once it's unleashed as it would be even smarter than all of /g/ combined
>>
>>61920410
"accident"

humans should be wiped from the face of the galaxy, we are a virus killing our host planet
>>
>>61920596
All the fear mongers are illiterate when it comes to computer science.

ML usage has some pretty big potential risks, but people are freaking out about the wrong shit because they watched too much light science fiction.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.