[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

graphics card for alienware graphics amplifier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: graphics amp.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
graphics amp.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
I have an alienware 17 and the graphics amp on the way. what would anon suggest for the card in the amp? the laptop has a gtx 1060
>>
a packing slip for the return back
>>
>>61912120
Jesus, Alienware has really taken your wallet for a ride.
>>
>>61912209
yea. I was about to buy a surface 4 but went with alien ware. the main reason i went with alien ware is the ability to replace parts. i realized i paid way to much even with the discounts and i realize i should have just built a tower. the bad thing is i actually purchased this to do collage work. i spend 3 hrs a day total for my commute to work so i wanted something i could take with me.
>>
>>61912772
should bought a cheap used x230 laptop and built a tower.
>>
>>61912772
>namefagging
but a laptop + eGPU is a good option, even if you over-payed for the dock

If your laptop already has a GTX 1060 in it, you're not going to benefit from anything less than a GTX 1070 or RX Vega 56 in the eGPU enclosure. Also, you'll probably want a 1440p or 4k monitor, as both of those cards are overkill for 1080p games.
>>
Whats a graphics amplifier?
>>
>>61912804
I plan for the next computer i own to be one i built but i picked up the graphics amplifier for the extra 169usd for the ability to upgrade in the future and just to have a single port hook up to stay at my desk. i have purchased a 34 in ultrawide to switch to from my budget triple monitor set up. i plan to eventually buy a second matching ultrawide.
>>
>>61912120
I have a 1080ti in mine.

Alienware 15r2 with a 970m. I don't do a lot of mobile gaming, and it's decent enough for a single machine.
>>
>>61912964
how many monitors can it support?
>>
>>61913019
I'm running 3 1920x1200 Dell monitors.

I seem to recall that display port daisy chaining will allow for multiple monitors per connection, but am tired, and could be wrong.
>>
This thread gotta be bait.
>>
>>61912772
You dodged the bullet on the Surface 4. Why are you wanting the external gpu? Do you have a 1440p monitor you hook your laptop to and play games? All I can recommend is you wait and try to get the best deal you can on the dock. You can't buy desktop GPUs now anyways until mining dies down so just hold tight.
>>
So with all this money to burn you opt not to spend another $1000 to build an equally powerful desktop but rather $200 on a truly worthless piece of """"technology"""" and a GPU. So you can get sub-SLI gains. And you're somehow not trolling.

Your parents need to cut you off.
>>
did you buy it off ebay?
>>
>>61913119
the alienware graphics amplifiers were down to 199 then student discount brought it down to 169. im wanting to keep my desktop area set up at home and be able to just plug in my laptop when i actually have time to set down at home on my night off. i plan to buy the game ark survival after getting ahead on my class work but currently only play minecraft, fallout and civilization as far as game goes. ive not had the time to do any 3d modeling or printing lately but want to have the ability to jump right back in when i catch up with life. i plan to start getting into vr in the next yr also so i wanted something that will support vr.
>>
>>61913183
I'd just wait man. You won't be able to put a decent card in it without paying 50% above msrp. Miners are ruining the market right now.
>>
File: spec2.png (54KB, 712x593px) Image search: [Google]
spec2.png
54KB, 712x593px
>>61913157
not a troll just someone who doesn't have time to build a pc right now. and i'm actually just a single nerd who works a lot of overtime
>>
>>61913224
High quality bait
>>
>>61913224
Shop for your video card before you buy the dock. The former will be hardest to get. I'm not joking when I say GPUs are hard to come by at Msrp. You can buy that thing and then stare at it for the next three months while you try to find a card that isn't 50% above msrp.
>>
>>61913224
It's not time that you're lacking, but braincells.
>>
>>61913310
that is a possibility
>>
>>61912120
>Graphics amp
A what
>>
>>61913562
alienwares name for an external video car dock is a graphics amplifier
>>
>>61913647
I'm assuming the alienware 17 is a laptop? Why not just get a desktop at that point? It's not like the "amp" is something you would use in a public place.
>>
>>61912120
what's up cmoney
>>
>>61912844
Shitty overpriced Alienware garbage that allows
equally shitty and overpriced Alienware laptops to use a desktop graphics card such as a 1080 Ti.

Your money would be better spent buying anything that isn't Alienware.
>>
File: C5aoJ4j.jpg (17KB, 440x493px) Image search: [Google]
C5aoJ4j.jpg
17KB, 440x493px
>>61913224
Even a fucking shitty Walmart prebuilt would be a better deal than that shit.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.