[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not using decentralized FOSS software Altright aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: altright.png (126KB, 574x372px) Image search: [Google]
altright.png
126KB, 574x372px
>not using decentralized FOSS software
Altright aren't retarded because they're nazis or whatever, they're retarded because they use proprietary centralized software and expect to have their freedom respected.
>>
>>61911874
E2E encryption is the only way I choose to communicate in my private life. If people want to get a hold of me, they are stuck with E2E.

I'm not even alt-right. I just value my privacy. Centralized doesn't mean shit when its open source and E2E encrypted.
>>
>>61911904
Until they take their servers down / black list your IP or account. But if the server is open source as well as your client then you could run your own instance independent of the original developers, thus decentralizing it and keeping the power over your communications out of the hands of strangers.
>>
>>61911945
I see no reason to do so. If such a thing is going to happen, they will go after the more mainstream shit first (WhatsApp, Protonmail, etc), giving me time to react due to the shit that I use.
>>
>>61911945
>they
Who is they, by the way?
>>
yawn
>>
alt-tumblr BTFO
based Chinese botnet operators.
>>
>>61911975
>Who is they
The people who own the servers your communications go through. If you're using a centralized chat service even if the client is open source and it's E2E, your communications still go through servers to their end destination. (E2E isn't inherently p2p) 'They' are the people who own those servers.
>>
>>61912010
Ok, just wanted to make sure you didn't mean "the US government," or something.
>>
>>61911874
Chaos shall reign!
Fuck the Nazi order!
>>
>>61911945
Taking their servers down won't do much if they are open source. If they blacklist your IP, you just use a VPN. If they black list your account (but why? It's E2E encrypted) then you make a new account.
>>
>>61912107
If the server is opensource than yea, taking down their servers won't do anything. But if the server is opensource then it's not centralized but decentralized. And yea b&evasion is a thing, but still.
>>
>>61911945
>>61912010
>>61912107
>>61912144
open sourcing the server doesn't decentralize a fundamentally centralized system
you still have to take the time and money to deploy, manage and maintain such a system and also make it useful to others to convince them to use it
>>
>>61912144
Even if the servers are centrally located, if the code is open source, you can have someone come up with a replacement shortly. Take Signal. If they shut down due to their own decisions or due to US government pressure, then you can go to, say, Wire, which is based on the Open Whisper code, and hosted in Switzerland (meaning they don't need to answer to the US government). If the US, or even all of Europe tries to kill VPNs, then you pay the money for Black VPN, hosted out of Hong Kong (its expensive, but Hong Kong is like the most expensive place in the world to live, and you need to rent/buy space for servers). So long as there isn't a one-world government, there will always be options.
>>
>>61911874
Fuck off Weev, go back to /pol/
>>
>use chinese botnet
>surprised when """your""" """server""" gets taken down
lmao
>>
File: c62.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
c62.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>61911874
>Altright aren't retarded because they're nazis or whatever
>they aren't retarded because they're retarded
Oh wow.
Also, really nice news.
>>
File: 1499417464963.jpg (131KB, 1024x924px) Image search: [Google]
1499417464963.jpg
131KB, 1024x924px
Or just don't be an alt-right cuck who feels too sorry for themselves. They deserve what they had coming.
>>
>>61912312
Or kys
>>
>>61911874
>yes goy, we are inclusive, please use our proprietary software!!
Meanwhile, the "nazis" simply create new accounts and server.
>>
>>61912404
t. altcuck
>>
>>61911874
As long they take down the antifa shit too..
>>
>>61911874
Why is this board so full of cucks?
>>
>>61911874
what the fuck is with your font rendering
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.