[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'so its been cleared up on ocuk as to why vega is so expensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1502446740014.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1502446740014.gif
240KB, 320x320px
'so its been cleared up on ocuk as to why vega is so expensive in europe

retailers were sent batches of cards that they could sell at msrp 499usd/450gbp/500euro. once them cards are gone then the only thing you can buy is "packs" which is 599usd/550gbp/600eur. since all of the cards have either been sold in the first 30 mins or even been sold before they went live the only thing you can buy is the inflated priced "pack"

"AMD Launch price of $499, some posters get it, some do not, but in fairness AMD have wored things poorly causing mass confusion.

Black stand alone card was $499 for a set launch quantity, which is now all sold, as such now all you can buy from OcUK is the bundle packs, Black and Silver which are $599 or the Aqua which is $699. Stand alone is no more, unless AMD say so."

so that means that amd now are not selling anymore cards at the 499 msrp, instead you have to buy the pack and 100 more than what it should be. its a decision from amd themselves and not the retailers.

so in amd efforts to make sure gamers get a card we have to pay more for the privilege and the tactic to stop miners had them buying them up before launch so they didnt have to pay the inflated price of the pack leading to ocuk being sold out of 1000 cards in less than 30 mins. so not only do we not get a vega card today to buy but now we have to wait till new stock comes in and pay more for them because of the packs

tl;dr - all you can buy now is packs and they cost 100 more than what the cards sell on their own, enforced by amd themselves.'

wtf?
>>
>>61908202
Who gives a shit about reference cards though? As soon as the custom models arrive, nobody will ever buy one of them again. AMD have history in making the stock cooler a limited run and then letting the custom designs completely replace it.
>>
>>61908202
AMD have fucking lost the plot, my next card will be an nvidia card, smfh. Miners you're welcome to those cards I'm done.
>>
>costs 100 more because containing 100 worth of extra
>miners don't need those so they won't buy the packs up
>this to ensure gamers can buy the cards
>somehow this is a bad thing
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.