[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Encryption on a general scale is fundamentally broken due to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1501441666434.jpg (200KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
1501441666434.jpg
200KB, 960x716px
Encryption on a general scale is fundamentally broken due to the NSA backdoor in AES. Avoid all NIST ciphers.
>>
Source on the backdoor in AES? A paper about it? Because if you don't have anything to support that claim then there's nobody who'll believe you. Show the proof.
>>
>>61907988
this, show proofs pls
>>
Why would they shit in the river they drink from?
They use AES too, fucktard.
>>
>>61907988
>Show the proof.
>>61908052
>show proofs pls

If proof existed in the public domain, then the NSA would have to go about making a new backdoor. The fact that there is no proof that it exists, is proof that it exists. qed
>>
>>61908658
>making a new backdoor
>already published
>probably the most scrutinized primitive in history
nigga wat
Why would they even backdoor something they use themselves (with a different key schedule though)?
>>
>>61908788
Arrogant? Stupid? Too clever for their own good? Maybe a shadow behind a shadow is backdooring the NSA! Who watches the watchmen? Circles within circles.
>>
>>61907988
AES is very vulnerable to side channel attacks.
>>
How can you backdoor an open algorithm that's been analyized by cryptanalists the world over?
>>
>>61908060
>Why would they shit in the river they drink from?
>They use AES too, fucktard.
They also have TOP SECRET encryption algorithms.
>>
Use one-time-pad then, it's mathematically proven to be secure by Claude Shannon. And don't tell me it's impractical, I know that.
>>
>>61907969
Show proof.

Also, Linux long supported non-NIST ciphers, so really, "on a general scale" wouldn't be true even if you weren't pulling this out of your ass.
>>
>>61909194
It's pretty practical nowadays since you can carry a lifetime's worth of keys on a single micro sd card.
>>
>>61909261
>lifetime's worth of keys
With Comcast's 1 TB monthly cap you'd burn through an entire 8 TB hard drive worth of pad in less than a year.
>>
>>61909342
Maybe use a regular symmetric block cipher but replace all the subkeys with one big random key from your pads?
It's not real otp, but it would make some attacks much more difficult to pull off.
>>
>>61909415
>It's not real otp,
You fucking retard now you have the worst of both worlds put together.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.