[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consider the following. The RX 480 was -15% overall compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Vega 56 @ 1440P.jpg (148KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Vega 56 @ 1440P.jpg
148KB, 1600x900px
Consider the following. The RX 480 was -15% overall compared to the GTX 1060 at launch. With driver improvements it more or less equalled the GTX 1060 across a broad range of games and the RX 580 improved that still.

RX VEGA at launch more or less equals a GTX 1070 at launch with gains to be made in future driver updates. It uses ~30% more power than the 1070 though. But that is normal for AMD GPU's. Considering the price of the GTX 1070 right now it may be a good deal for AMD users invested in Freesync. The only issue is miners. Currently the hash rate has been confirmed at 30mh which is shit. But that may improve somewhat when miner software developers get their hands on the new drivers and see what they can do with them.

Overall being over a year late to barely match the GTX 1070 Vega is a flop. But for those of us with 1440P Freesync monitors (I was kinda forced to buy one two weeks back when my old monitor died since I have an RX 480) this is our only real option so I guess we have to suck it in and accept our fate.
>>
>>61901184
He was comparing it against a partner GTX 1070. Reference is probably a bit slower than that.
>>
>>61901184
https://youtu.be/lQCal8t-qvQ?t=4m17s
>>
>>61901184
To me Vega 56 is a huge success. I only scrolled through techpowerup review but it seem that in games that are broken on AMD it is on par with 1070 but in decent optimized games its on par with 1080 or bit slower. Lets keep in mind that its a new architecture reference card with rushed drivers. I dont even need a video card but i cant wait to see how faster it will become due to non ref design, drivers and game optimizations.
>>
overmeme performance got me worried
that's a piss weak optimized game
>>
>>61901651
Dirt 4 as an outlier really looks interesting to me. I have the game and a racing wheel (currently waiting on a stand to be delivered). I could really do with the 56 card right now. But I am waiting on the AiB partners version. Until then I am racing along with an RX 480.
>>
>>61901681
Would you even notice a 8FPS difference?
>>
vega 56 is good and the non-reference cards will be even better.

might grab it.
>>
>>61901184
the 56 is the only vega card worth shit, you'll need to put up with higher power, heat and noise and the quality aymd drivers.

But in return you'll get 1070+ perf with a mem OC. Good luck getting hold of one though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x738px
Wake me up when I can get VEGA 56 performance or better at 300€
Can't believe my R9 290 I bought for 300€ almost 3 years ago is still holding up this well
>>
>>61902035
Game requirements didn't change that much desu. You gonna keep enjoying that card for 2 more years if not more.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.