[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We finally have good UMPCs on the market. Have you bought one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: gpd-pocket-prototype.jpg (44KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
gpd-pocket-prototype.jpg
44KB, 680x418px
We finally have good UMPCs on the market.
Have you bought one? Are you happy with it?
If not, why not?
>>
>blue trackpoint
>trackpoint not between G H B
>split spacebar
>no function keys
>uses literally the we est Intel cpu line
>>
>UMPCS
>implying multiple
we have a single one that is above average price for a modern gaming tower

if we can get some competition with maybe octo arm64s or amd socs or apus for gamers and a cheaper market just for programmers ie ssh terminal

200+ is just too much for a glorified tablet with a keyboard.
they need a <$100 base option

also that keyboard looks weak
too far gapped and giant keys
>>
File: gpd-pocket-1.jpg (136KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
gpd-pocket-1.jpg
136KB, 1200x900px
>>61896555
>>61896449
>also that keyboard looks weak
too far gapped and giant keys
the entire case is about 7 inches long by 4 inches tall
>>
>>61896628
Spacing between keys means less typing errors.
>>
How is Linux support?
>>
>>61896430
Overpriced. Asking for 500$ for this garbage is too much. I'd give up to 250$ for it. There are much better laptops in the 300-500$ range. It also has a shit key placement and is honestly too small for the keyboard. They went too compact with this one. They should have made it 20-30% larger. In it's current state there's no reason to buy it instead of a tablet, smartphone or laptop.

>>61897265
Probably still shit even though they "officially support" Linux and ship with Ubuntu.
>>
>>61896430
it looks cool because it's a mini laptop
as others have pointed out, just buy a tablet
microshit didn't fuck up windows with touch interfaces just so you could buy mini laptops
>>
i want a nice cheap umpc i can run an os from an sd card, so i can hotswap 95, 98, 7 and linux as i wish

>tfw you will never play diablo or age of empires in your lunch break on a small sexy umpc
>>
>>61897648
>95
>98
Ninety why?
>>
>>61898175
because i use xp at work and never want to see it again, and if its powerful enough to do 7 and up then its probably going to be way too fucking expensive
>>
>>61896430
>good
>that keyboard
Your opinion is shit.
>>
it's not even good as far as chinkshit goes.
>>
>>61898394
Your opinion is discarded
>>
>>61896430
That keyboard is actually not bad, i have a netbook and the keyboard is awfull with tiny keys and everything jammed together to save space for the trackpad.

Glad that laptop makers are finally addressing the horrible keyboard issues.

Still needs some work though but its a step in the right direction.
>>
>>61899703
If one of those can do PSP emulation I'm sold. How good is the z8300?
>>
>>61899960
>PSP emulation
do you know what does psp roms really well

a fucking psp
>>
>>61900168
Not the guy you were replying to. But I don't think you understand the point of emulating.
>>
>>61900168
>tfw stick fucked up and I had to disable it and use a dualshock through USB
I'm sure replacing it wouldn't have been that hard, but fuck those slider nub things. The Vita is everything that the PSP should have been (ignore the stupid back touchscreen) but it never took off because of shitty phone games.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.