[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't get into BIOS or boot menu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: vista-loading.jpg (7KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vista-loading.jpg
7KB, 640x480px
I'm getting no bios splash screen or boot options just a blinking cursor and then it boots to OS which is currently Windows 10. But it was also doing it on a Ubuntu Windows 10 dual boot. Weird thing is it shows the windows vista loading screen, pic related. Any ideas /g/entoomen?
>>
Windows 10 has a recovery mode reboot you can select from the new Settings panel. That will force you into BIOS on reboot.

While you're there peek around for a "quick boot" option and see if you can turn back on the splash screen or something.
>>
>>61888706
Tried all that and the problem persists also I know for sure I don't have fast boot or anything like that enabled. I've also tested the ram and disconnected everything except the boot drive and tried to boot from usb. Wondering if it's the PSU or motherboard.
>>
>>61888668
it's dead
>>
>>61888668

Try mash the ESC key as soon as you press the power button.

Sometimes that'll make the pc show the POST log, and you may be able to access the BIOS from there.

Also, dumb question, but you are sure the PC has a BIOS and not a UEFI right?
>>
>>61888746
It's neither of those things you retard, it's definitely a setting in the motherboard and/or windows that you need to disable
>>
just mash all your function keys repeatedly when you turn your computer on and see what happens
>>
>>61891252
Don't forget Esc and Del.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.