[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 51

File: DdXOHXrm_400x400.jpg (26KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
DdXOHXrm_400x400.jpg
26KB, 399x399px
My ASUS laptop with windows 10 kept giving blue screen and restarting itself, I was gonna format it but it gave blue screen again and now when I boot the laptop, the ASUS logo appears and after that it's just black screen. No mouse cursor or anything. What do I do?
>>
>>61887960
You crossed the line from stupid questions into pure tech support. We're not Geek Squad. Your problem could have many possible causes and needs troubleshooting.
>>
I'm recording game footage now and have the bitrate set to 60 mbs. When does a higher bitrate not become a big deal at 1080p? I'm thinking of cutting my recordings to 30 mbs because 11 GB for 30 minutes of footage sucks to upload to jewtube.
>>
>>61888036
The line varies depending on the use. Uploading to YouTube is one case where the line is very, very low. You could easily get away with 1/5 your current bitrate.

Try making some samples and see for yourself.
>>
>>61888083
I suppose it's not really that important to be ridiculously high quality anyway, it's just for sharing shit with friends. Might just drop to 20 anyway.
>>
I have a dead MSI cr610 laptop with a working LTN160AT06-H01 display (16inch 1366x768 with 1ch6bit 40pins 0.4mm pin pitch LVDS connector) that I want to use as a secondary monitor [spoiler]firstly as a little project, but because I'm euro/poor/ too[/spoiler]
I know I have to use a controller board, but I can't really find a cheaper "universal" one - found a kit specifically made for this screen under $30 on ebay

I know that controller boards can be dirt-cheap, as I found a MT6820-B 5V kit (with all the needed shit included) on ebay for less than $3 (but with either 1ch8bit, 2ch6bit, or 30pins cable, not a single one to be like the $30 one)
I don't mind buying the LVDS cable separately (<$4), but I'm not sure if the board will work with this display - came across to an old forum where someone burned his screen
the datasheet of mine says 3.3V 1.5A and I don't know enough about controller boards to know if a 5V will fry my screen

refreshed and saw >>61888032 after typing all that wall of text, so where can I found someone to help me with my shit?
>>
File: okwhatnow.png (14KB, 980x502px) Image search: [Google]
okwhatnow.png
14KB, 980x502px
I installed madvr but mpc hc says its still unavailable, pic rel is what it says on installation
what do
i tried restarting my pc and reinstalling, still nothing
>>
>>61887960

I can't get mjpeg-streamer to work reliably
Sometimes when I start it up I get a good picture, other times I get this

Heres my command:
/home/orangepi/mjpg-streamer/mjpg-streamer-experimental/mjpg_streamer -i "/home/orangepi/mjpg-streamer/mjpg-streamer-experimental/input_uvc.so -y" -o "/home/orangepi/mjpg-streamer/mjpg-streamer-experimental/output_http.so" 

here's the output in the terminal
MJPG Streamer Version.: 2.0
i: Using V4L2 device.: /dev/video0
i: Desired Resolution: 640 x 480
i: Frames Per Second.: -1
i: Format............: YUYV
i: JPEG Quality......: 80
i: TV-Norm...........: DEFAULT
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)

part 2 in next post, output was too long
>>
Is the Logarith Codec a lossless interframe or lossless intraframe compression?
>>
>>61888224

UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Tilt (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan/tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Focus (absolute): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Tilt (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan/tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Focus (absolute): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at LED1 Mode: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at LED1 Frequency: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Disable video processing: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Raw bits per pixel: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
o: www-folder-path...: disabled
o: HTTP TCP port.....: 8080
o: username:password.: disabled
o: commands..........: enabled
Unable to dequeue buffer: Input/output error
i: Error grabbing frames
>>
I have a DLP projector with 3D features. I expect it's shit, but I'd like to try it out - what kind of glasses do I need to get?
>>
Building my first PC but stuck at the case power connectors

Motherboard indicates to plug in the ground on a specific side but on the connectors there is no indication for ground, just an arrow on one side which I assumes indicates + on the others.

which is ground?
>>
>>61888468
The other one.

Protip: polarity doesn't matter for power buttons. All you're doing is bridging the pins with the switch.
>>
>>61888449
probably 3D glasses
sun glasses won't work
>>
>>61888528
So the blank side with no arrow is ground?
>>
>>61888617
Correct.
>>
>>61888635
thanks
>>
>>61888584
I thought there were several kinds.
>>
>>61888660
buy the ones for your projector then
>>
Why come comouters do ??
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 300x57px
>>61888888
>>
File: Logo_Online.net_.svg_.png (89KB, 1837x683px) Image search: [Google]
Logo_Online.net_.svg_.png
89KB, 1837x683px
>>61887960
Is it possible to assign a failover IP to the server directly so then I could use it in proxmox to divide it to different servers? I tried everything and all tutorials suggest to use one failover ip per server, but that kills the idea completely.
>>
I have an old android phone with a broken screen that I want to pull pictures from. I can't do this because

1. The usb isn't reading it as a device to view files, which you can change but I can't because the screen is broken.

2. I can't enable USB debugging to cast the screen.

So how can I get around this without use of the screen? Iv'e tried dr.fone but it doesn't have my exact device which is (SM-G925V)
>>
File: 1500967996629.jpg (83KB, 640x524px) Image search: [Google]
1500967996629.jpg
83KB, 640x524px
What is the best torrent client for a headless Linux server?

I was using qbittorrent-nox, which was great, but doesn't include RSS support sadly (something that I need).
>>
>>61889029
Can you do USB OTG in its current state? Then try to figure out the right combination of keyboard button presses to delve into Settings and enable USB debug?
>>
>>61889032
I want her to stuff that model water tower inside me.
rtorrent and transmission both worked great. Currently using rtorrent.
>>
>>61889071
I've been reading good things about rtorrent. Thanks anon, I will try it out!
>>
What advantages are there to using arrow functions in JS? The traditional function(){} notation seems more readable/less confusing, and there's less fuckery with this
>>
>>61889059

ill try that
>>
>>61887960
What is the best option for a web-dev noob like myself to start hosting websites?
>>
Bitrot I think it's just a joke, meant as a scare tactic. Yes data gets lost/corrupted, but it's due to hardware failure and improper shutdowns. A ups, combined with RAID and employing a good backup system would solve those problems
>>
File: 1502401693127.gif (745KB, 382x450px) Image search: [Google]
1502401693127.gif
745KB, 382x450px
What would be the best way of switching motherboards without reinstalling windows 7?
moving form an ASRock A55M-HVS to a Msi B350
>>
>>61889193
Get an old PC, install some easy to use distro like Ubuntu server, hook it up to your router via ethernet, and enable SSH. You can then follow tutorials for most things.

If you're talking about what hosting software to use, just use Apache like 92% (?) of the internet.
>>
File: distraction.png (154KB, 620x270px) Image search: [Google]
distraction.png
154KB, 620x270px
>>61887960
I'm building a new system in two weeks, it's going to be an R7 1800X + 1080Ti, with possible SLI in the future. Is a quality 750W PSU going to be enough? I want to OC to 4.0GHz (or close to it) on the CPU, and the GPU will be running around 2k on the core.
>>
>>61889241
You replyin to someone? And no, file corruption does happen, even in an ideal system, although not a lot. The word "bitrot" kind of gives the wrong idea, like it's something that happens consistently and evenly. It's more that errors happen occasionally, and without a proper (non raid) backup, a means to detect when this has happened, and a way to figure out which copy is fucked, there's no way to deal with your increasing number of corrupted files. The reason people focus on media files in particular is it can be hard to notice when a minor corruption has happened in the file.
>>
>>61889320
Really you should just clean install windows. You can try a sysprep, but it's not really intended to work on installs you've been using for a long time. There's always the possibility you just pop in the new mobo, windows repair does its thing and it just werks. Either way you'll probably have to deal with the microsoft activation hotline to try and get the license transferred over.
>>
If I want to OC my ram to advertised speeds, do I just manually set the hertz and timings? My ram is advertised at 3200mhz, CAS14 and from my research it should work with the most recent bios on Crosshair VI.
>>
>>61889437
Your mobo might have XMP profiles that do all of that for you.
>>
>>61889437
Just dial them in manually.
>>
>>61889469
I've heard something about this, I'll check it out.
>>61889524
I'll try this too.
I've been behind on this sort of thing since the early 2000s, thanks for the help anons.
>>
>>61889427
>microsoft activation hotline
What?
>>
>>61889608
It's the phone number you call to get your windows license transferred to a new board. It's technically against their TOS, but if you claim that the old board died on you you'll usually get away with it. Most of the time you only deal with the automated system unless it's giving you shit.
>>
File: 1501900203357.jpg (11KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
1501900203357.jpg
11KB, 300x299px
Im completely new to coding and I'm looking to learn python, should I start with Python 2 oe 3?
>>
>>61887960

Is there any replacement for RadeonPro available or in development?
>>
>>61887960
my AVG antivirus licence is going to expire in 3 days
is there a better alternative I should be using
this PC runs windows 10
>inb4 install Linux
this PC is just for living room gaymen my actual productive PC is Gentoo
>>
>>61890040
Install GNU+Linux.
>>
>>61890040
bitdefender
>>
File: iQRjbb6.png (313KB, 622x464px) Image search: [Google]
iQRjbb6.png
313KB, 622x464px
>>61890058
>>
Is leaving my phone on the charger all night bad for the battery ?
>>
>>61888036
Jesus... 60 is way too much. 3,5 would suffice for average twich quality, 5 would be pushing it.
>>
File: 1474403847644.png (251KB, 400x452px) Image search: [Google]
1474403847644.png
251KB, 400x452px
>>61890058
I'd like to interject- but god I just don't have the strength left. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>61890040
clamwin + clamsentinel
>>
I just got a $250 PC for free. Has Windows 7, 4GB of RAM. What can I do with it? A server?
>>
>>61890087
that looks promising

do I really need the advanced version or is basic good?
>>
>>61890137
I'd just like to interject for you for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>61890153
Basic is fine.
>>
>>61890169
thanks I think I might go with that

>>61890139
gonna read up on this one too
>>
>>61890187

Clamwin is foss but its detection rates are shit. And it's a little bit buggy.
>>
>>61890150
set it up with plex and use it as a media server
>>
:%!whatever
in vim will pipe the buffer to the bash command 'whatever' and replace the buffer with the output. how do i achieve the same thing but in visual mode with a selection?
>>
How do I find out which kinds of hard drives will fit in my x220? I want to buy a modest SDD but I'm afraid to get the wrong one.
>>
I have an HTC 10 and do not understand how to actually delete contacts on here. It's all synced up and shit I think from god knows where and when I try to delete something it says ok and the contact is still right back there on the list. How do I actually delete contacts and deal with synching from facebook, whatsapp, wherever the fuck?
>>
>>61890389
Lenovo uses especially flat 7mm storage devices for the X220
>>
Would it render me bad karma (no leddit, asking from a spiritual point of view) if I pirated win7 but didn't crack it when selling it to a man who understands computers enough so that he is asking me to install windows 7 in it just for his comfort?
>>
>>61890337
Not sure if this is what you're asking, but yank into a specific register with "<reg>y
>>
>>61890558
Just buy a key off kinguin and tack $15 to his price.
>>
I want to study 3D modeling and game development. Currently I'm using only my onboard video card which is some Radeon 4*** series, quite old. I'm thinking about buying a GPU, and I have the GTX 1060 and the GTX 1050 ti in mind.

I already have enough money to buy the 1050ti, but I could gather enough money if I wanted to buy the GTX 1060 by the end of the year.

I'm not in a hurry to start studying this either because I have other projects going on.

Taking in mind that I don't WANT to play games (I might, but it's not my focus), but to render 3D graphics and DEVELOP games, what is the best course of action: waiting to buy a 1060 or buying the 1050 ti already?
>>
File: 1379721595992.gif (28KB, 120x89px) Image search: [Google]
1379721595992.gif
28KB, 120x89px
I need a book to learn C++

I know Java but haven't really programmed in a year.

Any recommendations? I'm thinking about either Accelerated C++ or C++ Primer 5th Ed. but I hear the latter is tough for C++ beginners.
>>
fucked up my phone and now I'm trying to get my old one (HTC Desire 610 on AT&T) but it won't get service. My SIM is detected by the phone and the SIM has worked in other phones so I have no idea what it could be
>>
>>61890638
workstation card
learn it, love it
>>
do i need to defrag my hdd?
>>
>>61890782
no, you need to frag it
>>
>>61890782
if it's hdd and not ssd, yes
>>
Why the fuck does gnome-shell need so much memory? What the hell is it doing?
>>
>>61890816
what extensions you got
>>
is there a graphics card I could buy for around $100 that could run fo4 at medium graphics settings?

i have an intel core i5 and 14 gigs of ram
>>
how do i create a playlist of cmus in an archive that could be editable?
>>
>>61890856
Backslide, Dash to dock, drop down terminal, Audio Output switcher, openWeather and ShellTile
I've had all these extensions for a while now and never normally see gnome-shell use so much memory.
>>
Whats a good software to organise my memes and pics in general that runs on win8.1, preferably open source
must support tags
>>
I'm fixing a Macbook Pro 2010. Googling suggests it might be a bad boot sector, so I tried booting up Linux to see if I could repair it.

I couldn't mount or see the HDD though, is that normal for apple fuckery, or could something else be wrong?
>>
Should I ever use the database index in the server-side code itself? Like if I populate an object from the db fields, should I have a <table>_id int in that object, or is that considered bad practice to mix db specific info like that?
>>
>>61887960
install gentoo
>>
So my shit sucks and it can't play 1080p.
help.
I'm on a Mac mini 2010. I have tried like 5 different players and none of them seem to work with it.

Is there a place online I can stream current shows.
Specifically Adam Ruins Everything?
>>
>>61890337
You got me curious. I managed to find this.
http://benninger.ca/posts/vim-use-selected-text-as-input-to-a-shell-command/
>>
>>61890888
try asking in >>>/g/pcbg
>>
>>61890816
Windows Explorer doesn't have this problem
>>
I choked on some water and I spit it all over my lcd screen. I tried to clean as fast as I could but some of it went under the panel. monitor cannot be opened, wat do?
>>
I recently learned how to make a rest api. couldnt I make one to control my pc remotely? Like making it download some torrents for me through my smartphone?
>>
Are there any other tasks that take advantage of a high-end GPU [in the consumer market] other than gaming?

I have a decent GPU, but I don't really play games that often for me to need to buy a better GPU. I'm thinking of just switching to console gaming and use my PC like a normal human being.

Additionally, how do you take advantage of your GPU when watching high quality movies? I think CPU is needed for all that fancy mumbo jumbo, but I'm not quite sure about the GPU itself.
>>
Should I upgrade from win 7 to win 10?
Is win 10 more secure?
>>
>>61891791
Technically, but I wouldn't upgrade just for the security unless you really fuck your shit up a lot. Even then it would be the last step I'd take.
>>
>>61891791
I would advice against it. Not because of the NSA debacle, but because there is very little to gain from going from 7 to 10.

I've never been one to use all of Windows features, so take my comment with a grain of salt.

You should look into Win10 to see if it has any tools you might find useful.

And no, it's not more secure.
>>
>>61891550
why reinvent the wheel? vnc does that
>>
Do you think wireless technology will ever reach a level where it surpasses wired?
>>
>>61890337
>>61891400
if you're still curious it's actually
:'<'>!whatever

but now I'm curious how I can actually automate what I'm trying to do...I want to find all script tags in an html document and pipe them through a bash command and replace with their contents. Does anyone know how you'd do that?
>>
>>61892040
In what sense? Reliability? No. Convenience? Yes. It's already like this.
>>
>>61892040
Technically speaking you can get a higher top speed now from wireless AC than gigabit ethernet, but you still have worse latency, reliability and security. Also 10gbps hardware exists, it's just not common. At a certain point most stuff will be small "internet of things" crap, so it won't matter whether wires are better or not.
>>
is Seagate, WD or Toshiba better for external HDDs?
>>
File: mrrhghrhg.jpg (46KB, 956x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mrrhghrhg.jpg
46KB, 956x1280px
What should I spend $200 on?

My current setup

1920x1200 24" Lenovo IPS monitor
1920x1200 24" Dell Ultrasharp TN monitor

2x Xeon [email protected] hex core CPU
12gb unbuffered ECC memory @ 1333mhz
2x Samsung 840 120gb SSDs in raid 0
2x 1tb hard drive
1x 500gb hard drive
GTX 960 2gb overclocked by 10%

HP comfort mouse
Gateway rubber dome keyboard

Is it time to go up to a higher res monitor? Or maybe a better GPU? Or upgrade the x5650s to the [email protected]?
>>
>>61892105
>higher top speed now from wireless AC
false
>>
>>61891828
>>61891852
Great. I'll wait til I fuck up everything then.
Thanks
>>
>>61892118
$200 isn't a whole lot. I would upgrade the CPU.
Use the rest to buy something nice.

>>61892144
Feel free to backup your claims.
>>
>>61892170
>backup claims
"Theoretical maximums’
Sure you can the receiver touching the ap but even then you wont ever reach past ~300mbit.

Feel free to show me real world benchmarks that arent performed in a lab
>>
>>61892213

I'm not saying everyone will get that. It depends heavily on the hardware at both ends. But 1.3gbps is doable, and eventually we'll see equipment that goes higher without breaking the AC standard. The theoretical max input is 7gbps.
>>
will i get it /g/?
>>
>>61892233
>get that
No one will get that.
Gigabit wireless will never happen outside of a clean room
>7gpbs
Not on any publicly available standard. 2.2gbps is about it Even then there are too many issues with wireless to even get past ~300mbps
>>
>>61892278
No I totally get where you're coming from. There's a gap between the actual, theoretical and advertised speeds. This has always been true. And more so as you introduce interference, obstacles and other networks. You're just underestimating the capabilities of the technology once it really takes off. No, obviously we're not going to get anywhere near 7gbps in the real world. But we are easily going to double what anything is capable of now, and I don't think we'll need to implement the next standard to do it.
>>
File: Papers-Please-3d-Logo.png (18KB, 1064x585px) Image search: [Google]
Papers-Please-3d-Logo.png
18KB, 1064x585px
>>61887960
somebody give me the duckduckgo image please where it shows that it was owned by some data selling slag.
>>
File: ddg.png (2MB, 1701x8000px) Image search: [Google]
ddg.png
2MB, 1701x8000px
>>61892481
>>
>>61892262
>i engage [...] every now and then
>i have some level of familiarity
be more specific about what kind of experience you've got
>>
>>61892498
Fucking godlike anon, thanks
>>
>>61892498
Can I trust ixQuick after they merged with StartPage and started using Google for their searches?
>>
>>61892540
Use searx and choose what engines you want to use
>>
File: 1480521802199.jpg (66KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
1480521802199.jpg
66KB, 602x709px
The audio on YouTube keeps clipping and stuttering.
I'm running a fresh install of Debian with i3.
Anyone know how to fix this?
>>
>>61892573
Check if acceleration is enabled(right click - stats for nerds)
>>
>>61892573
It does it when playing music through cmus, too. So it's not strictly a YouTube problem.
>>
>>61892620
See >>61892621
I'll check that out though.
>>
>>61892113
I need to know which one to cop
>>
>>61892659
Doesn't matter.
All external hard drives are as unreliable as each other.
>>
>>61891997
I just thought it could be a nice and useful exercise and wanted to know if it really was a thing. Looks like it is, thanks
>>
>>61887960
Install linux, stupid.
>>
>>61892529
i've experiment with stuff and have done little projects but nothing substantial
>>
File: 1500180778543.jpg (133KB, 800x547px) Image search: [Google]
1500180778543.jpg
133KB, 800x547px
I'm writing a script that should create a new tmux session and run commands in it. It creates the tmux window, but doesn't run the command until I manually detach it.
Any idea what's wrong?

#!/bin/sh 
tmux new -s dio
tmux attach -t dio
python3 /projects/MusicBot/run.py
tmux detach
>>
>>61887960
How should I clean the dust from my computer?
>>
File: IMG_20170813_192223.jpg (112KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170813_192223.jpg
112KB, 720x1280px
Dear g, for the next year im going rural to work on a clinic, 3g signal is very poor yet in specific places/high enought places (like on a top shelf) signal gets good enought, is there some kind of signal repeater/anthenna for mobile phones so i dont have to leave my cellphone still in these specific places for signal?
Yes what i want is to browse facebook from my desk without having to raise my arms

Thanks

Ps thats my phone in the picture
>>
i got a dell with debian and i cant change the fucking backlight.
i dont want to use the terminal each time i need to change it what the fuck is this shit, is there a linux distro for humans beings that doesnt expect me to download a weird program for such a simple task ?
>>
>>61892722
you can be specific about what experiments you have done and what were your projects about though
>>
>>61892740
use

<code>
tmux send-keys -s dio python3 /projects/MusicBot/run.py C-M
</code>
>>
>>61892894
i should just write about them even though they were insignificant and not documented in any kind of blogs or webpages with pictures?
>>
I tried to use win 7 for the longest time, but I'm having some big driver issues so I'm making a secondary boot with win 10.

How do I thoroughly sanitise it off all the shit?
>>
>>61892910
Aha, that worked. I'd seen that around but wasn't sure what to make of it. Thanks anon!
>>
how early should i show up first day of work?
>>
>>61892978
10 minutes before class champ.
>>
>>61892938
If they were as insignificant as you think then why mention them at all? As it is now, it seems way to vague. The first two lines are just plain ass kissing.
>fascinating
>interesting
Why? I'm not saying to write a paragraph stating your reasons, but to be a little less generic, try to be creative.
>>
>>61889029
What you can do is to get an otg and a hdmi adapter, connect a monitor to the phone while also connecting a mouse through a usb hub so you have a screen and a cursor. There's also a bunch of other options if you Google it. I had a similar situation not long ago.
>>
>>61892853
Sure there's no 4g? In my eastern eu shithole country the cunts delayed 3g in rural areas until 4g was standard so there's literally no 3g, just edge and 4g.
>>
>>61893092
i have to start with something. i don't even know what they want.
>>
Do freesync/gsync work if I'm playing a game in windowed mode?
>>
I have a PC that boots windows from an SSD.

Do I risk fucking anything up if I plug in an HDD that also has Windows on it, then Shift+Delete that copy of Windows from the HDD?
>>
Can I just clone the SD card I use on a raspberry pi and keep my existing installation as is?
I bought a 32gb card but I really don't need it since I only use it as a kodi/pihole box. I was thinking of downgrading to an 8gb and using the 32gb card for other things.
>>
Looking fir some DDR2 RAM and there's some 'AMD only' RAM that's much cheaper than regular DDR2 RAM. Has anyone tried the AMD only RAM with Intel CPUs?
>>
How to install bbzero/bblean on Windows 8.1? ;_;
>>
>>61893220
Will try 4g tomorrow
>>
>>61893493
You should be fine if you're booting from SSD desu
>>
>>61893493
You should format the drive, shift-delete won't get rid of the boot sector.

>>61893531
According to google the AMD memory is in high density format which intel didn't support at the time. So you'll need to buy standard RAM for your Intel processor.

>>61892978
15 minutes early should be fine, if they expect you before that they should've warned beforehand.
>>
>>61893520
Yes
>>
File: balls.gif (2MB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
balls.gif
2MB, 700x600px
If I was going to switch torrent clients from Deluge to QBittorrent is there I way I can move everything I've got seeding over even if I've gotten most of them through magnet links? If it's a huge pain in the ass I'll stick with Deluge I just got a hair up my ass to try something else.
>>
>>61893685
No
>>
File: welp.jpg (114KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
114KB, 640x960px
>>61893701
Oh well. Thanks anyway.
>>
How can I delete drivers outside of device manager? I need to delete a driver that gives me BSOD upon plugging the device in. I can't see it when it's not plugged in.

I've seen the driver when performing a driver query in CMD, so I know it exists.
>>
File: DSC_0218.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0218.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
computer experiences severe CPU spikes when using chrome, issues persists from my version of Windows 7 into my unfortunate update into Windows 10. sometimes the spike occurs when not using chrome. please someone help me determine what is causing these spikes, i have lost hours of my life due to these spikes causing errors in my CAD simulations.

bad RAM? old HDD? i used to get BSOD but havnt in a long time.

>pic related, BSOd i would get before updating to windows 10.
>>
>>61893685
It doesn't store the torrents on a separate folder like utorrent? So you can't simply copy that folder, run all the torrents in the new client and run a check? well, that's what you get for using shit software.
>>
>>61893760
Cursory google search suggests it's your display driver.
>>
building my own hardware firewall.

what OS?

LFS, possibly gentoo? Xen hypervisor and virtualizing the firewall? OpenBSD?

I just want it hardened.

Also, are there any good hardened linux kernels or do I stick to compiling from the same source everyone else does?
>>
File: 1483045535471.jpg (1MB, 3500x2334px) Image search: [Google]
1483045535471.jpg
1MB, 3500x2334px
Do you ever get so overwhelmed with failure and loneliness that you just lie down and cry?
>>
>>61893827
Also, android is even an option for OS on this device, but didnt think android would be any good for firewalling (no iptables i believe)
>>
>>61893869
pfsense
>>
>>61893827
Alpine+iptables
>>
File: 1502679877497.png (29KB, 1436x341px) Image search: [Google]
1502679877497.png
29KB, 1436x341px
Got this email today.
I'm involved in bitcoin and have seen the perfectmoney website before, but I don't remember THIS at all.
It's a scam, right? But what would they get from it?
I tried "forgot your password" on perfectmoney, but it always says my email adress is not in use.
>>
>>61893906
>>61893915
holy shit, im reading about both of these they seem great, way better than a full linux install

Im using Armv7-A so i would have to compile either one from source

damn tho, decisions...
>>
>>61893795
can you link me to said information? thank you for your response
>>
>>61893760
Google brings up ATI/AMD display driver issues, Try using DDU to uninstall your graphic drivers and then reinstall them. Also run memtest86 for at least a few hours, it will check if your RAM is bad
>>
>>61893493
Nope, just delete the windows files and in Disk Management delete the MS reserved partitions
>>
>>61893417
Both work in all modes, windowed, fullscreen and borderless
>>
>>61892941
Delete the windows 7 partitions, or Zero them if you really want to ''sanitize'' the drive. You shouldn't need to do more than that
>>
File: nvusbaudio.png (7KB, 580x65px) Image search: [Google]
nvusbaudio.png
7KB, 580x65px
What is a kernel driver, and how do I delete it? Device manager shows nothing, even if I enable showing hidden devices.

Pic-related, from a CMD driver query. Uninstalling the software didn't remove the driver/kernel in question.
>>
>>61892749
Cans of compressed air
>>
>>61893760
it is possible that chrome and/or Microsoft are using the opportunity to phone-home to the corporate motherships to ensure the backdoors and botnets are properly functioning
>>
>>61892853
>https://www.amazon.com/cell-phone-signal-booster/b?ie=UTF8&node=2407782011
>>
>>61892853
mobile hotspots anon, look into them
>>
File: pickle rick.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pickle rick.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
what time does rick and morty air on the pacific coast?

thanks
>>
how shitty is windows 10, and how do I make it less shitty?
>>
>>61894165
upgrade to either windows 7 or gentoo.

really just a matter of personal preference
>>
>>61894120
Microsoft's own pages suggest pnputil (preinstalled) or Device console.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/181.how-to-manage-device-drivers-with-command-line.aspx

Kernel mode just means that the drive doesn't run in userspace. It has low level access to the system which sadly means that it can bluescreen the whole OS with a single bug.
>>
>>61894026
>>61894026
okay im looking into DDU and memtestx86

memtest will be a good trial. i originally updated to windows 10 because i was having problems updating my display drivers. i would get errors during the update in windows 7, then got a smooth installation with windows 10. and things have been running somewhat smoother, but these CPU spikes are extremely aggravating.

it also doesnt occur when under load, thats whats most annoying. its stuck in some stupid fucking logic loop until it farts itself out. i have water cooling and its pretty loud, i can hear when it spools up/under load. so ill encounter these CPU spikes = nothing will accept clicks but the mouse will move around, the temp is low and the fans are spinning at idle. whatever is buffered will continue to play until hitting the unbuffered limit. if its playing from something saved on my HDD it will just loop that current 30sec interval. then after maybe 100 seconds everything will click back into function and the fans will run at MAX for like 10 seconds before coming back down.

task manager shows low level CPU usage during the hiccup followed by a CPU spike to 100%

>>61894137
yeah i suspected something like this because of all the actions i took to preserve my privacy = these backdoors are closed and it will just sit in a loop until determined futile. i need to time these hiccups i guess.

similarly i used to use a student version of my CAD software and felt certain it was calling home often to check its authenticity but was extraordinarily exacerbated by my closing of the 'call home' doors.

please help me
>>
File: win10-baseline-netstat.jpg (1MB, 1476x3401px) Image search: [Google]
win10-baseline-netstat.jpg
1MB, 1476x3401px
>>61894219
>yeah i suspected something like this
sad but likely true

>https://youtu.be/Y3no3mlLfjY

backstory:

the ruskie modified the win10 install binary and replaced the microsoft public key with his own public key.

when he ran it in a virtual he had mitm'd the connection so that the virtual thought it was communicating securely with MS, using MS keys, but in reality it was not

the RSADecrypt program simply used his own private key to decrypt the packet encrypted with his own public key. it did not actually crack anything.

key basically switched the keys windows was using with his own to allow him to see what it was communicating
>>
Had to reinstall VLC on a new system and now i've got a few problems with the program, namely there's a huge delay between adjusting the audio slider and this volume change taking effect, also it's like every single file/radio station i play back has way too much bass on it, like there's this immense distortion out of nowhere all of a sudden

Also in the previous version i used (forgot which one though) you could actually select the name of the track currently being played, select it with the cursor and then copy it to the clipboard for safekeeping/looking it up, however this version lacks this feature. How do i re-enable it?
>>
>>61894219
>please help me
best bet, back up files, install windows 7 (ultimate)
or if you are autistic like me and are prepared to forfeit your social life, back up files and install gentoo
>>
>>61894219
>>61894258
>back up files and install gentoo
nah, depending on the user's power level this can cause more harm than good to the user
>>
>>61894165
Windows 10 isn't that shitty if you don't care about privacy, it's pretty fast and comfy, pirate windows 10 LTSB if youre concerned about privacy
>>
>>61894240
Nice technobabble, you might trick some people on Reddit with that but it won't work on this board. Everything about this video is complete horseshit.

You don't encrypt large amounts of data with RSA, you encrypt it with something like AES and then encrypt the key with RSA. In the video he supposedly decrypts a 1,014 byte file using RSA, to encrypt 1,014 bytes you would probably use an 8192-bit RSA key which would produce a 1KiB output (exactly 1,024 bytes). Ignoring the bullshit about the cryptography, the fact that a 1KiB file turns into multiple screenshots in PNG format is physically impossible too.
>>
>>61894219
Upload your minidump file.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-14_00-47-01.png (3KB, 289x117px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-14_00-47-01.png
3KB, 289x117px
I've been using Firefox ESR under Void Linux for quite a while, and I decided to install the latest Nightly after a friend told me it was pretty fast, but now there's many pages that have no antialiasing for some reason, and I've got no idea how to fix it.

Picture is how Twitter looks.
>>
>>61894240
>implying the installer doesn't do an integrity check
also this >>61894345
>>
A buddy of mine has a laptop with no audio coming out due to spilled water, and a fried headphone output. Does a bluetooth speaker with headphone output exist? Or is bluetooth headphones + bluetooth speakers the only solution?
>>
>>61894205
I appreciate the response. I've had this problem for a long time.
>BSOD
I'd get one from just plugging in the device.

I used PNPutil as you suggested, and was able to remove two Kernels associated with the driver. I restarted, and they were still gone. However, I performed a driver query in CMD again, and the driver was still listed. I couldn't find anything else related to it.

Should I be fine to reinstall the device now? What are your thoughts?
>>
Reinstall winblows
>>
With the recent memeing of PCIe lanes, how would my system be affected by sticking it full of SSDs and exceeding the amount of lanes?
>>
File: 423456563.jpg (2MB, 1949x4500px) Image search: [Google]
423456563.jpg
2MB, 1949x4500px
>>61887960
which would perform better on the FX 6300 3.5ghz

1050 ti sc or 1060

i understand the 1060 will be bottlenecked, but will it still outperform the 1050ti sc?

i am planning to upgrade my rig to the i5 6600k in the future.
>>
>>61889378
That's cutting it really close, I'd go 850, which shouldn't be much more
>>
File: IMG_3759.jpg (1MB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3759.jpg
1MB, 1280x1707px
Low price comfy office chair I can buy online?
>>
>>61894345
That dude posts that in like every thread, don't worry about him Anon
>>
File: Neo.png (132KB, 1595x933px) Image search: [Google]
Neo.png
132KB, 1595x933px
I've been trying to sync up to the NEO blockchain but i keep getting the error that it's unable to load DLL 'libleveldb' even though i've got it downloaded
>>
I've been trying to move my OS but for some reason this process which I'm pretty sure shouldn't take more than an hour or something to clone 200 gigs of memory is acting really slow taking multiple hours and now it's stopped and this isn't even the first program I've used to do this
>>
>>61894164
bump this question
>>
>>61894354
what is minidump?
>>
Would torrenting from a public VPN prevent me from getting in trouble from torrenting?
>>
>>61894516
Unless your motherboard manufacturer is retarded, you can't.
>>
>>61894766
"public" = free = botnet as fuck
>>
Why is OP Uncle Ben?
>>
Need a new OS for a 7 year old laptop. Is Linux Lite a good option?
>>
>>61894866
Fedora lxde
gentoo
archlinux
source mage
slackware
void
>>
>>61894655
And now it's exited with an error code saying I need to defrag my files
>>
>>61894655
>>61894898
is your disk drive going bad?

run an integrity check
>>
>>61894890
I'm a complete noob when it comes to os's, I've only used Ubuntu and Mint, so something easy to work with preferably. I know at least some of those mentioned are more patrician tier.
>>
>>61894949
Fedora lxde.

easy to work with, awesome community support, and oriented to work for a more professional environment than ubuntu (read: more stable).
>>
I'm making a logo for a guy and he asked me to make him a favicon as well, what's the best way to deliver it to him? Several PNGs in varying sizes? If so, which ones?
>>
Should I go to school for something CS related? Right now I'm on the path to become an English teacher.
>>
>>61894949
>patrician tier.
what the fuck does this even mean? does it mean the the only people who use this kind of software are real men who are the sole bread-winner for a family who need it to support a family and put food on the table for a wife that doesnt work and kids who need to go to college?
>>
When doing fast reading or not paying attention to what I read, I usually end the paragraph and start reading it backwards. Am I the only one who does this?
>>
>>61894992
yes
>>
>>61895032
I feel like I would enjoy being a teacher more but I'm also worried about how much money I will make. What field should I go into?
>>
>>61895039
I guess it depends upon your financial interest and your personal ability.

Teaching isnt a bad job, you wont ever get rich, but you should always be taken care of if your decent at your job

cs is great, but its something you may need to have an aptitude for depending on the specific field.

why do you want to do cs in the first place? if it is only the money, then give up now, because to be any good at it it really needs to be a hobby. if your hobby is teaching, stick with that
>>
>>61895094
Yeah, it's mostly for the money. I'm not really super passionate about anything besides music and art. Teaching is just one of the few careers I imagine I would actually enjoy and probably do well. I'm just worried about being poor or not being able to afford the things I want (for myself or my future kids).
>>
>>61888036
60 would be overkill... IF you were using a decent codec at decent settings
but you won't be, since you're doing screen capture, you're trading speed for bitrate
the best way to do this is to keep recording at a high bitrate, then cut it down afterwards to something more reasonable for uploading, spending more cpu time on it
>>
>>61895121
>I'm just worried about being poor or not being able to afford the things I want
well, I think we all feel that way. I wish I was born into a rich family but it just didnt happen
>>
File: temp.png (169KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
169KB, 1366x768px
What music play is this? Visualizer?
>>
File: 1502670852137.jpg (100KB, 456x434px) Image search: [Google]
1502670852137.jpg
100KB, 456x434px
>>61894827
Is my only option to purchase a private VPN?
>>
>>61894699
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
>>
>>61894766
Download speeds are abysmal and some outright block torrenting.

>>61895269
Yes.

>>61894963
SVG and/or PNGs in handful of sizes.
>>
Ever since i reinstalled windows 7 on a new PC i feel like all the program windows and its GUI contents/elements have gotten way bigger.. Like for example MPC-HC is looking really bloated now and takes up half the screen whereas on the old win7 installation it looked very compact and the icons contained within were much smaller too. Is there any way of fixing/resizing this? Did i miss a cleartype update or anything of that sort possibly? Basically i want all the program windows to look as compact and slick as they did before
>>
>>61895353
Upgrade to at least 8.
>>
>>61895269
Or seedbox. If all you need is torrenting seedboxes are a better use of your money, and don't come with the weirdness of tunneling all your other shit.
>>
>>61894949
You want Lubuntu.
>>
>>61895353
Is your resolution the same as it was before?
>>
>>61895353
Check that you're using the right resolution and you haven't accidentally enabled scaling. There's not much else that you can do about scaling in windows.

Maybe you just remember it wrong?
>>
>>61895353
First check your resolution settings to make sure you aren't doing anything silly like running in 1024x768, then check your DPI scaling settings.
>>
I'm looking at getting a Transformer Tab to use it as a thin and light laptop but I'm worried about Linux drivers for it. The newest discussion I can find on a similar device concerns Ubuntu 15.10. Should I expect a major improvement in subsequent kernels?
>>
File: a6LXLbR_700b.jpg (42KB, 600x636px) Image search: [Google]
a6LXLbR_700b.jpg
42KB, 600x636px
>>61895377
I actually probably would if it weren't for that god-awful explorer and start menu/taskbar overhaul they did there

There literally is no beating Windows 7 in 2017, this is simply the reality in the curent year
>>
>>61895269
You should still do a little research on what VPN you're paying for, there's still a chance they might be a botnet.
>>
>>61895443
>I actually probably would if it weren't for that god-awful explorer and start menu/taskbar overhaul they did there
The file explorer window is a lot nicer if you ask me, the only issue is the lack of start menu which is easily resolved with one of the endless list of start menu replacement programs.

>There literally is no beating Windows 7 in 2017, this is simply the reality in the curent year
You sound like an XP user circa 2013, it may be a nice OS but you're not going to be able to hold on forever. On a technical level at least, 8 was a direct improvement on 7, everything else is just aesthetic and can be tweaked if you don't like it.
>>
>>61894366
Fixed. I had to add this to ~/.fonts.conf:
    <match target="pattern">
<test name="family" qual="any">
<string>Helvetica</string>
</test>
<edit name="family" mode="assign" binding="same">
<string>sans-serif</string>
</edit>
</match>
>>
>>61895498
God, I remember when this board was full of those delusional XPfags. They all disappeared overnight and just gave in to 7 after all those years of shitposting about how they're never going to move on from XP/would rather just abandon Windows. Now they're posting the same things about 7 and the same thing will happen again.

Dumb luddites.
>>
When does the fucking summer shitposting end. God damn, I'm a lurker and even I'm getting triggered by all the memelords trying to fit in
>>
>>61896042
maybe you should stick to lurking summerfag
>>
File: ?.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
?.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Can't get the latest Firefox to play audio. I installed PulseAudio and nothing happened.
>>
Is an XPS 9343 still a good purchase in current year? I want to produce music as my primary use for it, but not much other than that besides being an advanced shitposting machine. How long will it last if I purchase the i7 model?
>>
i downloaded the unofficial xposed for my zte axon 7 lineage os 7.1.2 and i started having problems so i decided to remove it via the xposed installer, i used the correct uninstalller but after reboot im not stuck in a continuous boot. It's juts keeps on booting. Last time i had the problem i re-installed gapps and that worked. But in this case, it is not working. I re-installed magisk as well but it's still just booting. I can boot into recovery and stuff.. It's been booting for around 10mins now
>>
What's the best document viewer for android?
>>
Is it normal for [System process] and svchost to make unbound connections to several external IPs on Windows 10?
Also, how to block all applications and processes from accessing the Internet except a few which one specifies?
>>
>>61896511
svchost is the host process for services, many services do connect to the internet. System process is just Bill phoning in to make sure the backdoor is still operational.
>>
Least botnett-y Cloud storage service?
>>
is coffeelake going to be a sweet spot between gaming and FEA performance, or should I just go Ryzen?
>>
>>61896612
How to block [System process] instances which have 0 Process Id's and appear for just a few seconds before disappearing? I'm tired of this crap making outbound connections for no reason.
>>
Does anyone still use Gabario? Is it safe or just botnet?
>>
>>61895353
ctrl+mouse wheel
>>
Is there any ETH/BTC miner which have cmd interface, small amount of files and do not require downloading of whole blockchain?
>>
What is the best laptop for college that has 8+ hours battery life? My budget is $2K. Been thinking of picking up this (Surface Pro 2017).
>>
File: 1500606971735.jpg (41KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500606971735.jpg
41KB, 480x640px
I just OC'd my monitor to 77hz. Is it still worth buying a 144hz panel or should I wait for the tech to mature at higher resolutions and prices to come down?
>>
I have a desktop computer with the following base specs:

>Sempron 140
>Disc Drive
>Laptop HDD
>4GB DDR2 800 RAM
>250W PSU

I want to install a 5770, but not for gaming, just for powering media since the built in nVidia GeForce 6150se can't do fucking anything.

If I underclock the card, will it overtax the PSU?
>>
File: thechart1.jpg (189KB, 1126x639px) Image search: [Google]
thechart1.jpg
189KB, 1126x639px
>>61897069
>25% failure rate
You're getting a Mac
>>
>>61897227
Yeah but it throttles and shit. And you have to pay extra for the 15 inch just to get decent hardware
>>
>>61897278
Not really, no worse than a Surface. The only thing the 15 inch gives you that the 13" cant is a dedicated GPU. You'll be paying a shitload for that with a Surface as well.
>>
Lately i've been experiencing issues with ping spikes, missing inputs, and brief disconnects while streaming and playing games. Am i just getting fucked by spectrum or could this be the result of having a 6 year old computer? In the latter case, could i get a new network card?
>>
>>61897310
Is there any third option worth considering... dare I say it, a thinkpad? Or should I just choose between these two and call it a day?
>>
>>61897350
Macbook Pro - Feels premium, has a nice OS, has a great screen, good customer service/warranty
ThinkPad - Lower price, more durable, more options, better specs
Surface - Shit tier pajeet computer
>>
File: 1501602639554.jpg (194KB, 988x802px) Image search: [Google]
1501602639554.jpg
194KB, 988x802px
>>61897425
But does it throttle?
>>
Why am i getting this "bitdefender threat scanner" error message every time i log off in win7? I don't even have this shit installed, i extra-checked within appdata et al aswell

This installation is literally fresh as fuck, is it already infected?
>>
Hello
Downloaded the wal script from github and put the directory into ~/bin. added ~/bin/wal to my $PATH but get permission denied evritiem. This is the executable:
-rwxrwxrwx 1 anon anon 14413 Aug 13 22:40 wal
What could be wrong?
>>
>>61897449
Would you rather have a throttling computer that Apple will replace or refund at no cost to you, or a Surface with a fucked up display that Kikerosoft won't replace because their tech support is a bunch of Indians barely paid enough to live?
>>
how important is signal bar strength, im not getting full bars anymore since swapping to a different less quality modem and im not sure if the 3/4 bars is the cause of my lagging in games, i saw it drop to 2/4 and i was disconnecting from the game and couldn't load webpages so im thinking it is.

sorry im retarded
>>
>>61887960
With great power
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-14-03-01-28.png (679KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-14-03-01-28.png
679KB, 720x1280px
Is there a way to make these cards higher res? I hate how they get all fuzzy when you bring them up.
>>
>>61897530
I dunno but only directories go in PATH, not executables. Try running
bash -x ~/bin/wal
and see what is says. Err, assuming it is a shell script.
>>
>>61897561
>signal bar strength
/g/
plz
wut
phone
games lag
angrier birbs
>>
>>61897888
i have forgotten all the technology based information i learned in highschool so i don't know what to call it, connectivity strength? its for my desktop anyway i don't play any games on my phone.
>>
>>61887960
Uncle Ben, are you dead? Why?
>>
Trying to save a simple webpage with w3m
If I do
w3m -T html -dump $LINK

it outputs to stdout just fine, but if I redirect it to a file, there are no line endings. How do I do it and what am I not understanding?
>>
Alright, I'm in a weird situation.

I lent a sorta defective phone to a friend for a couple of days. The phone had many random issues that I couldn't really fix with a different ROM, such as turning itself off when receiving calls and such.

Anyways a few days later he returns it to me, he did a factory reset beforehand and that's it. At that point he pretty much wanted to get rid of the phone because it was a lot of trouble apparently.

Now a few days later he says that it has downloaded 1,7gb of data without his consent let's say. There's no proof he can provide so I asked him if he did X or Y just to see if there was a possibility that that might be it.

Is there any chance that this could happen? A phone just downloading garbage or a ROM that has an application just downloading shit all the time? Should I run some tests or assume he's bullshitting me? Let's say that he's been the bullshitter as of late but I want to still trust him on this.
>>
>>61897967
fwiw, same thing happens if I shift+s to save the buffer
>>
>>61897970
its possible that it could have been infected with some virus, what kind of phone are we talking about?
>>
>>61898063
It's a bq Aquaris E5 4G. Not really awful at the time, I know of someone else with the same phone without any of these problems.

Right now I'm not using it much but I'm leaving it there and checking on which data might it download with its default applications.
>>
What's the good software again to recover a hard drive that windows can't access/boot anymore?
>>
>>61898127
http://windowsmatters.com/2016/11/10/gandalfs-win10pe-x64-redstone-build-14393-version-10-24-2016/
>>
File: Untitled.png (16KB, 1917x191px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16KB, 1917x191px
I want to make a function in google docs that totals up the contents of some fields, but the fields have letters in them too, is there a way to make the function only 'see' the numbers?
>>
>>61898160
Remove the letters from each cell, and put kcal in a separate cell at the top.

You don't need to make things more complicated than they need to be.
>>
File: 1502440415315.gif (892KB, 310x238px) Image search: [Google]
1502440415315.gif
892KB, 310x238px
Anyone know if Casey's carries dill pickle Spitz?
>>
>>61898158
Is that a Live Win10?
>>
>>61898245
dumb giraffe poster
>>
>>61898305
Nigga I'm serious. I want my damn Spitz and I now live in fucking Kansas.
>>
File: compppp.png (580KB, 964x704px) Image search: [Google]
compppp.png
580KB, 964x704px
Enthoo Luxe or Corsair 750D for 360mm fan and x399 motherboard?

Will it fit this amd x399 motherboard and a 360mm all in one cpu water cooler?
>>
File: MB6A6AS_169844_800x800.jpg (74KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
MB6A6AS_169844_800x800.jpg
74KB, 800x800px
>>61898382
>this amd x399 motherboard
>>
File: smp580nzkaxar-gallery3-0926.jpg (29KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
smp580nzkaxar-gallery3-0926.jpg
29KB, 800x600px
looking for a shared whiteboard android app that works with a stylus pen. all apps I found can't distinguish between my hand and the pen. any suggestions?
>>
>>61898246
Basically. They're called WinPE
>>
>>61898090
does it have data traffic management? that graph that shows how much it has used in the previous months? Maybe that could give you more details
>>
>>61898455
OneNote
>>
I know this is a crypto currency question, but I can't tale /biz/ seriously.

Which is the safest software bitcoin wallet?
>>
>>61898945
can't take*
>>
anyone know the site that lets you sync a youtube vids audio over the top of a webm?
>>
Would a raspberry pi 2 be able to power a wireless usb adapter and a wireless remote adapter? I understand that it's power draw from the board is rather weak
>>
I'm moving countries. What can I stick in my tower to protect the computery bits from bumps and jolts while it's in transit?
>>
What's E-reader is the best value for the money in 2017? Prioritizing screen/lighting quality.
>>
>>61899198
youre likely better off dismantling the pieces and wrapping them up in bubble wrap for the transit.
>>
File: wqdqwdwqdwqd.png (340KB, 1934x944px) Image search: [Google]
wqdqwdwqdwqd.png
340KB, 1934x944px
how to increase desktop resolution if no monitor is present headless PC?
gaems run fine via steam streaming service, but I don't want to play at 480p resolution.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good, fast external HDD drive? (USB 3.0)
I ordered this recently: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/fncwf514s

Person I spoke with before ordering said the laptop has space for additional storage. I went and asked another person, for the specific slot, they said it was m.2, so no HDD, only like a $300 SSD.

Now for the probably really stupid question:

[spoiler]Is it possible to run steam games from an external hard drive?[/spoiler]
>>
>>61899515
For the latter: yes
>>
>>61899555
How well would they run from a 3.0 external drive? What should I look for in getting a good ext drive? Also thanks
>>
File: LTSB.jpg (13KB, 245x63px) Image search: [Google]
LTSB.jpg
13KB, 245x63px
Will it still work tomorrow, or do I have to reinstall?
>>
I'm trying to implement a game of Checkers in C++ (Qt).

Should the checker tiles be separate objects from the game logic or is it okay for them to be together?
>>
>>61890040
I use Common Sense.
Never failed me.
Free too!
>>
>>61900015
What do you guys think about AdwCleaner? I used to like it then they were independent but I'm not so sure now that they sold out to MalwareBytes
>>
>>61900413
spybot
>>
>>61899913
You'll get the simplest program by far if the user interface components such as checkers tiles are completely separate from the game logic. Ideally, the game logic code should allow you to run it on a console UI without giving any fucks.
>>
>>61900445
I see.
>>
I want to migrate from HDD to SSD, if I boot a live linux distro and copy over windows installation to the SSD from HDD with plain copy paste will it work?
>>
>>61900605
Probably not. But there are drive cloning tools you can use which are made for this purpose.
>>
>>61900617
Thanks, will probably try acronis trueimage that I am familiar with
>>
Trying to teach myself a bit of webscraping with pyhton and selenium webdriver. This is what I use to locate the table on the website and print each row to a file.

try:
element = WebDriverWait(driver, 10).until(EC.presence_of_element_located((By.ID, "table-type-1")))

finally:
for i in element.find_elements_by_xpath('.//tr '):
with open("C:/test.csv", "a") as csvfile:
print(i.get_property('innerText').strip(), file=csvfile)

How do I iterate through the table cell by cell so I can access the value of a specific cell when necessary instead of just grabbing the whole the text of each row?
>>
best book to learn gnu/linux is unix programming environment?
>>
Can I simply replace my 10 year old router for a new one?

Or is there something else I have to do for the new one to work?
>>
>>61900826
All you have to do for the router is plug it in and set it up. No big deal.

The "something else" might happen with your wireless devices, though. There are different types of WiFi which you can distinguish from the letter that comes after 802.11. Old ones are 802.11b and 802.11g. Newer devices support 802.11n as well. Even newer devices support 802.11ac. So what you have to do is find out what your devices use and make sure you get a router which supports that version of WiFi. For example let's say you have an old laptop which only does 802.11b/g. Then you need to make sure your new router doesn't do ONLY 802.11n. And once you get it home, you still need to make sure it's transmitting b/g AND n, so that all of your devices can connect to it.
>>
>>61900432
Doesn't look very lightweight
>>
Could someone explain to me (like I'm five) how do semaphores work? (with animation if possible too)
>>
>>61901000
Here's a video I made myslef on subject
https://youtu.be/VQFJQJGmixM
>>
New bread plz
>>
What is the problem with Firefox? Why are some users saying that it's not good anymore?
>>
>>61901365
Firefox seems to be increasingly infested with SJWs.

What those users fail to mention however is that the alternative is to join the botnet, which means... deal with it.
>>
>>61901386 So the problem is more about the community than the browser. What SJW influences in the software did they not like?
>>
File: font.png (9KB, 739x201px) Image search: [Google]
font.png
9KB, 739x201px
Anyone know what this font is called? Always had it just work so I've never known its name

>>61901477
>>61901365

Meme reasons aside, its probably still the most reliable browser for linux, but a lot of people were turned off by its recent dependency on pulseaudio (or more accurately just libpulse? not really read enough yet), if you're windows you're probably kinda botnet already so chrome's probably good too
>>
>>61901757
>if you're windows you're probably kinda botnet already
Correction. Full botnet with no remedy whatsoever.
>>
New bread when?
>>
>>61902073
Pay attention retard.
>>
>>61902073
>>61901429
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.