[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ham Radio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ham.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ham.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
Wtf am i doing wrong? i only hear random ass clicks and only hear an actual human voice when listen to 162.550
>>
also if i need to have tone, direction, X, Y and Z all perfect to ever hear another fucking soul.

Then it seems it would be impossible to scan and have everything perfect to find another human being
>>
You know all those random threads where they give you a set of coordinates?

That was a ham radio.
>>
>>61887999
The ones where one brave anon heads out to find the body or whatever.
>>
>>61887999
i havent even seen those. I mean if i google repeaters or whatever in my area i enter in all the bullshit i apparently need to hear but i never hear anything. Just random clicks
>>
What the fuck are you going on about lmao 162.55 is weather channel find some repeaters in you area and talk into them
>>
What radio do you have, the clicks you're hearing are probably the Rodger beep from the repeater
>>
>>61888628
yea i know. Thats the only channel i can hear shit on.

>>61888646
baofeng uv-5r. So every time i'm scanning and pick some channel activity up and its just clicking its just repeaters responding.
>>
I've always wondered about ham radio.

What's the deal with this shit? Are there any big tittied chicks offering sex on there?
>>
>>61888748
nu-neo-/g/ everyone
>>
>>61888723
I have the same one, what kind of repeaters are you trying to hit? Remember you gave to set up the pl tone and the offset +5mhz for uhf and -.6mhz for vhf iirc
>>
>>61888748
The idea of HAM radio is cool until you realize there is zero anonymity. When you broadcast, and every 10 minutes after, you are legally required to idenity your call sign assigned to your by the FCC.

There are tons of search engines for these call signs and they reveal your name and address. So literally anybody listening can find you. Pretty much the opposite of /g/. Imagine saying something controversial and having some weirdo who lives a couple miles away show up at your door.

Plus HAM is only done by 50+ year old men or super spergs
>>
>>61889088
Pirate radio is more aesthetic anyways.
>>
>>61889088
>Plus HAM is only done by 50+ year old men or super spergs
Yep. That's correct. All of it mind you.
>>
>>61888890
Just basic repeaters in my area i found from repeaterbook. I did set tone, offset, etc.. but its only clicks.

>>61889088
Im not trying to be anonymous so i dont care.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.