[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say type c audio sounds better than 3.5mm when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Why do people say type c audio sounds better than 3.5mm when is the same signal just re-routed to a different port?

Is the placebo really so strong? I even tested it on my phone and it's the same sound quality to my ears.
>>
>>61885641
if apple made it = its better
if you dont accept that youre just poor
>>
>>61885957
>Type C
>Apple
I think you're just too poor to afford glasses Anon. Must have spent all your welfare money on that iPhone of yours...
>>
People are generally stupid, hence they say stupid things, OP.
>>
>>61885641
Broken human psychology. There was this experiment where, as one minor part of it, people rated three paintings in order of preference. Then after the experiment they got given one to keep (they didn't know this would happen before hand), but not their top preference one. The experimenters followed up with them after a month and offered to swap the painting they got with the one try rated highest. No-one wanted to. They said they had realised that the one they got given was best after all.
TL;DR we rationalize our insecurities by pretending everything is fine. Kinda like Stockholm syndrome.

>>61886015
Who else is putting out phones without headphone jacks?
>>
>>61885641
>Is the placebo really so strong?
Of course. People need to justify their purchases and since few people can actually "hear quality" after a certain level, these idiots just assume that it has gotten better.

They would fail a blind test.
>>
>>61886131
HTC, Xiaomi, ZTE, Google, Essential, and more will follow.
>>
>>61886131
Maybe what the experiment really showed is that when you have time to look closely at something you appreciate aspects of it you don't notice when you have a few minutes (like, you know, in an experiment).
>>
>>61885641
Who says that? I've never seen anyone stupid enough to make that assertation. Can't imagine anyone that stupid unless they are parroting something their Apple Store sales rep told them.
>>
>>61886494
Perhaps they were just so ignorant that when they wanted to swap one month later, they thought, "hey, this one I have must be the best one, worth the most).
>>
File: 1498360601959.jpg (113KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1498360601959.jpg
113KB, 750x1334px
>>61885641
>>
>>61885641
3,5mm is analog, type c is digital. So with 3,5mm you're stuck with the crappy DAC the manufacturer included whereas with C you can pick how much money you're willing to put into a DAC.

Or at least that's the theory behind it.
>>
File: rBVaJFimX02AShjIAABlZD4ko6A344.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
rBVaJFimX02AShjIAABlZD4ko6A344.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
>>61886677
But most phones without the 3.5mm just re-routed the analogue signal through the type c port and make you use a type c to 3.5mm dongle. These adapters are completely passive.
>>
>>61886718
Oh. I remember seeing one teardown of the apple dongle and it had a tiny DAC hidden inside the plug.
>>
>>61886828
Yeah but that's the Apple one, Android is different.
>>
>>61886718
You mean they route the analogue signal through a digitizer then to the usb port? Because USB doesn't have any analog pins.
>>
It's just retards trying to justify wasting $800 on a phone that doesn't even include basic functionality.
>>
>>61886875
No I do not mean that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.