[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Current year >Entire companies are still using Internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: john-oliver.png (831KB, 768x854px) Image search: [Google]
john-oliver.png
831KB, 768x854px
>Current year

>Entire companies are still using Internet Explorer

Why this?
>>
>>61882749
They've been using it for years and it can cost a lot of money to switch to something else, why use something else if the current way works?
>>
because boomers

their disgusting hoarding and subsequent squandering of all the money given to them by the greatest generation has resulted in them never leaving the workforce and continuing to call the shots on everything. not one of them would ever dare changing anything because they don't know how anything works and would rather enforce the status quo in perpetuity.
>>
>>61882749
>current year
>unironically posting a national embarrassment
>>
>>61882749
Probably running some shitty internal application that breaks on anything other than IE
>>
>>61882811
>>61882818
Actual reason: easier to manage, and easier to stay in compliance with certain regulations.
>>
>>61882833
He lives in america because the brits don't want him back, but we don't want him either. Why not send him to canada?
>>
>>61882844
This. Just ask the Department of Defense.
>>
>>61882811
>the current way works

It depends on what you mean by "works."
Plus it doesn't cost anything download Chrome or Firefox.
>>
>>61882854
If a company uses IE because the programs they made were designed to work with IE, it can cost them a lot of money to pay people to make a new one for other browsers and more money to maintain it for many years
>>
>>61882854

What >>61882876 said, this is very common at least in state entities, they have some old ass software made to work only in IE, making a new one would cost money.

Where I study they use a proprietary software they bought years ago that works only on IE as well (in this case it is an educational software to simulate many telecommunications equipment)
>>
>>61882749
>Entire companies
Would it be any better if a percentage of a company was using it?
>>
ITT: Jobless linuxfags who don't know what group policy is.

And yeah chrome/Firefox have management support but it's fuck off tier annoying to use.
>>
>>61882749
They use IE (and usually an older version like 8 or even 7) because other software relies on it.

They don't just install a second browser because the average employee is too retarded to know which browser to use when.
So they will constantly nag the sys admin that shit doesn't work in Chrome/Firefox/Edge/whatever.

Worst thing: this actually stops them from using newer software that requires a modern browser, meaning they will use IE7/8 for even longer than necessary.
>>
>>61882978
>is just a system administrator
>looks down on others, many of whom are probably software developers.

no wonder you're a loser.
>>
>>61883012
I'm a CTO of a small/medium company and I guarantee you I could fire my whole Dev team and get equally good people much easier than my sysops team, devs are so easy to find these days but good sysops are priceless and generally get paid more long term because they bounce around less on average.

I don't want to shit on dev, but the 'its the Pinnacle of tech jobs' attitude is hilarious to me, you generally get worse work/life balance for the same money, and if you want wfh or paid oncall holidays you'd better hope you're working for a fortune 500 as a dev, but any good sysops will get that easily.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.