[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me some reasons to switch to GNOME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Give me some reasons to switch to GNOME
>>
>>61881419
Nothing unless you have a foot fetish
>>
>>61881419
It's easier and faster to pronounce.
>>
Its not kde
>>
>>61881604
It's not as cool to say as KDE.
>hey baby I use GNOME
>oh wow I'm so wet?
>>
>>61881628
>Hey baby I have KDE
>ewww no, not even with a condom
>>
>>61881628
>>61881659
>eww gross! chad, that fat weirdo is coming on to me again!
>>
>>61881419
You want to commit suicide but you're not brave enough yet, you need more motivation.
>>
>>61881419
I would switch, but unfortunately old habits die hard.
>>
>>61881419
It's comfy af once you install the proper extensions and themes. Even more than Cinnamon.
>>
>>61882234
This,
Gnome was my first DE, tried all the alternatives, but I kept going back to gnome, it's comfy af, doesn't get intro way, " juzt workz " too, except for nautalis which is shit
>>
>>61881659
>oh I'm sorry, it it contagious?
>should we use a condom?
>>
>reasons to gnome
OK.
Let's say your a moron.
>>
the complete lack of features makes it really hard to be bugged.
>>
Switch to cinnamon. everything else is shit
>>
>>61881419
Having a choice gives you cancer.
>>
>>61881419
Its logo is based off of RMS's favorite snack
>>
Because it's gnot a gnoblin?
>>
Any feature breaking, or rumor of anything breaking, will result in devs promptly and permanently removing that feature, and any features that depend on it, saving end users from any inconvenience related to that issue.
>>
use windows
>>
>>61881419
you forgot to draw the penguin's boner
>>
>>61881419
Use XFCE instead
>>
>>61888852
That's not a desktop environment! That's a shitty(shitty doesn't begin to cover it) operating system!

Unless you are talking about the bits of the house that you use to look outside. In which case it's sort of philosophical in a way.
>>
File: dsk_13-08-17.png (1012KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
dsk_13-08-17.png
1012KB, 1680x1050px
>>61881419
Just use Openboxpoi~
>>
gnome+wayland

>inb4 muh legacy programs

it has SDL GTK3 QT backends and works with gnome applications
>>
>>61890183
xwayland Xorg backend too
>>
>>61881419
it doesn't think your wacom tablet is a joystick when you want to configure it.
>>
>>61881740
/thread. gnome 3 is an abortion that just keeps on living.
>>
File: Tyrell_KDE_Elliot_Gnome.png (968KB, 1277x1281px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrell_KDE_Elliot_Gnome.png
968KB, 1277x1281px
>Pic related.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.