[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

React vs Vue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1474476243_vue-js-react-log.png (9KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
1474476243_vue-js-react-log.png
9KB, 500x466px
I am new to front end development and am trying to learn JavaScript frameworks. I have spent sme time already learning Vue and find it very comfortable, however I am told that React is a far bigger and more robust framework. It also seems to be more in demand from an employability point of view. However after a couple of days of using it I find it to be immensely more difficult than Vue and requires a lot more work to achieve the same result. Is it worth making the switch to React or is it a case of personal preference?
>>
>>61879174
Vue:
+ More lightweight (it doesn't have a virtual dom as in React) and it seems faster in most situations

+ cleaner and more maintainable code
+ more SEO friendly
+ much better SSR support
- Depends on one genius
- smaller community

React:
+ Larger community and more abundant jobs
+ supported by jewbook
- websites feel heavy especially on mobile since it nearly duplicate the DOM as virtual DOM
- Fuck JSX
- supported by jewbook
>>
>>61879355
And also, with Vue, just slap down the JS files and get to work.
React? You will need a thousand other libraries just to start something.
>>
>>61879174
Consider suicide instead. Web "apps" are rotten nut cancer.
>>
>>61879355
React also has a retarded license.
>>
>>61879355
>Fuck JSX

It's the only thing I like about react desu.
Using Javascript to format your markup rather than some framework specific template language is awesome.
>>
Which of the two is better for unobtrusive javascript?
>>
>>61880080
>unobtrusive javascript
wat
>>
>>61880080
Neither, your only option there is backbone.
>>
>>61879355
As of Vue 2.0 it has a virtual dom
>>
>>61879174
>learning JS at this point
>not developing botnet ad-ridden apps for the big data
Mimimi
>>
Who the fuck even knows at this point.

I also considered using web components with polyfills, just like YouTube is doing.

Those don't work that well with existing bundlers (webpack especially) yet, though. Polymer, Google's library for creating web components easier through data binding etc. still uses bower (which itself claims to be deprecated and recommends using npm with webpack on its website) and gulp.

I guess Angular 2 is out of the equation of anyone who wants to deliver a good experience (one that doesn't take 14 seconds to load on mobile).
>>
>>61879174
Vue is a better React. It was boutique until earlier in the year when Alibaba discovered it. Since then the Chinese Fucking love it
>>
>>61879174
> ctrl f
> no elm
I'm disappointed
>>
>>61881672
>big data
t. has webapp with 5000 rows DB
>>
>>61881218
Here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtrusive_JavaScript
>>
Why is vue being shilled so hard on /g/ idgi it's abysmal
>>
>>61882246
because not everyone is born pajeet like you
>>
>>61882279
>maybe if i call others pajeet they wont notice my brown skin!
you will never fit in
>>
>>61882334
>maybe if i call others borwnskins they wont notice I am pajeet!

you will never fit in
>>
>>61882246
because /g/ posters tend to like less popular technologies so that they can call other people pajeets >>61882279 and make sure they won't be called pajeets themselves

>>61879174
react + mobx > vue
>>
>>61879174
Vue is easier and I recommend it for private projects. You can learn pretty much all of it in a day if you know JS and HTML. It's a pleasure to work with.

There are actually jobs for react. It's difficult and gross to work with though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.