[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>programmer for 5+ years >get job in start up >senior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>programmer for 5+ years
>get job in start up
>senior dev is lazy fuck who sits on Reddit all day
>have to pick uphis projects because he thinks he is House MD and feels too smart to do those jobs
>hes working on one project
>im working on 3 plus support
>rest of team constantly ask me for help with their projects but wont help me with the workload
>get told i need to expand my skill set and study from home
>they dont know im working 2 jobs just in order to pay my fucking rent

You hanging in their /g/?
>>
>>61878411
>>they dont know im working 2 jobs just in order to pay my fucking rent
move out of the fucking valley or find roommates
I don't understand why faggots do this kind of shit
adjust the fucking salary offer for the price of living in the area, otherwise you are always going to get fucked like this
>>
Honestly, dont take a job that doesnt pay sufficiently.
>>
>>61878444
>tfw making 10.50 an hour part time and can live on my own and still have a little bit of money to spend because I don't live in a shity meme blue state
>>
>>61878411
>>have to pick uphis projects because he thinks he is House MD and feels too smart to do those jobs
>>rest of team constantly ask me for help with their projects but wont help me with the workload

why are you doing someone elses work? do your shit only and when SHTF ask for a raise or gtfo
also start looking for another job, that shit is toxic
>>
>>61878411
Why not try to find another job?
>>
>start up
Found the problem
>>
>>61878411
Seems to me you're just a pushover or under contract employment. If you have tenure in the company you're working in, learn to say no and that shit will stop. As I've learned in an office environment, people will step over you and won't even look back until you decide to man up and learn to say no to their stupid requests. It's their responsibility, let them fuck up.

But if you're under contract, with a chance to get tenure, then just suck it up and do the hard work. Bosses like people who are productive and get the job done. Once you get the tenure, learn to say no and be comfy in your new job. That's the thing about office politics, you have to observe and and give out the appropriate responses. Honestly, I hate the office environment because it has made something as simple as work into politics and it emasculates men as learning to game and "manipulate" people through social settings is a woman's game. I don't see the same shit in trades or physical blue collar jobs. It's all comraderie and fun out here and enjoying what you do out in the field being physically active and learning the true meaning of teamwork with your fellow workers. No wonder male suicide rates are skyhigh right now. After working in both environments, I'm never looking back to working in an office environment again.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.