[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Vim but they make it hard to stay faithful.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.png (31KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
31KB, 256x256px
I love Vim but they make it hard to stay faithful.
>>
>>61875914
Then you haven't learned vim yet
>>
>>61876331
kek
>>
>>61876331
Or maybe the vim lovers haven't learned sublime.
>>
You can use vim keybindings on sublime text. Sublime text is better
>>
>>61876444
hehe yes
>>
>>61876444
Trips of truth Sublime is the new editor of /g/
>>
>>61876786
not free. not rms approved.
>>
nano
>>
I fail to see what Sublime actually does that Emacs doesn't aside from having a prettier UI. If anything its extensibility is a joke.
>>
>>61876839
Fuck off emacs shill
>>
>>61876871
fuck off indeterminate affiliation shill
>>
>>61876839
I don't have to fight with Emacs to get everything I want to work. rtags is a pain in the ass for larger projects. My foray with emacs was great especially with packages like ace-jump-mode and ivy but at the end of the day it felt like too much of a hassle. It'll be my go to for a terminal text editor though.
>>
>>61876998
I don't want to*

correction
>>
>>61876998
emacs is like this all the time. can it do XYZ? yes, but it's a huge pain in the ass, full of unintuitive bullshit and insane default behaviours
>>
>>61875914
I bet you've never used Vim in your life, shill. And regardless, I will never use proprietary editors.
>>
>>61877440
I feel the same. Hit one wrong button and finding your way back is a nightmare without closing the whole thing down.

Better hope you know the key combos for that too.
>>
>>61876331
How would you recommend I make ST obsolete within Vim
>>
>>61876444
Nice try
>>
>>61875914
>nagware
For losers.
>>
>>61877810
>too stupid to patch the binary
>too stupid to literally google for a key
lol
>>
>>61877851
>too stupid to use emacs
It's okay to admit it brainlet.
>>
>>61877851
I knew someone would reply with this. I already did that, and that's not the point. Using software made by some fucks that thought a popup in my face every 10 saves was acceptable is an insult.
I program in vim. You kode in sublime. You are a consumer, I am a developer.
>>
>>61877851
>google for a key
Yep, thanks CIA/Wikileaks.
>>
>>61877928
It's a product evaluation you moron. It has quite a hefty price so they let you use it. It's like a demo for software, you're not supposed to get the full fucking experience.
>>
>>61878140
>quite a hefty price
>a text editor
And somehow I'm the moron.
>>
>>61878159
Yeah I take that back, you're not a moron, you're a fucking retard. Not all software in the world is free. You may not agree with charging for a text editor, but guess what, some people want to make money. Wow.
>>
>>61875914
Keep us posted.
>>
>>61878215
And the morons are the ones that pay for it, and judging from your butt-rage, you are one of them.
Perhaps with thousands of free editors out there, you are experiencing a bit of buyer's remorse?
>>
>>61875914
Start making love with emacs. You'll forget other whores ever existed.
>>
>>61877656
rtfm
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.