[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started working in IT recently at a school and I saw some emails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG0048.jpg (803KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0048.jpg
803KB, 3264x1836px
I started working in IT recently at a school and I saw some emails posted on the wall in the Technology office sent by the teachers. Why are school teachers so technologically illiterate?
>>
File: IMAG0049.jpg (942KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0049.jpg
942KB, 3264x1836px
>>61875093
>>
File: IMAG0047.jpg (878KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0047.jpg
878KB, 3264x1836px
>>61875105
Anyways, I just thought you guys might get a kick out of these. This is the last one I have, though while there there was also a teacher that asked what she should do about spam.
>>
>>61875105
Someone give this poor man an ipv6 address.

>>61875140
Nothing wrong with this if it's ITs job to move electronic equipment.
>>
>>61875339
Its really easy to move TVs around though, and saying the IT department should stop what its doing to help a busy Maintenance doesn't really make sense when IT is busy too.
>>
>>61875416
you have to understand that most teachers have no idea what anything is, unless they're science or tech teachers

i got called to a room to investigate a flat screen that didn't work and no one bothered to check that it was plugged in, which it wasn't

and I don't even work in IT they just consider me the person in the department who knows equipment
>>
>>61875140
>>61875416
A lot of this could be just CYA. For example, I wouldn't want to move the TV myself, then something completely unrelated breaks with it later, and I get blamed because I was the last person to touch it.

Also, since we're talking schools here, it could also be union related. Unions will flip their shit if you so much as look at something that's someone else's job. (I once worked at a unionized shipping company. I was eating lunch at my desk and accidentally spilled a bunch of popcorn on the floor. Because my parents raised a mensch, I cleaned up after myself. I later got yelled at for "stealing" the janitor's work. Yes, they really did expect me to just leave it on the floor until the janitor got in and started his shift.)
>>
>>61875093
I'm assuming this is your first IT job
You will learn soon enough that almost everyone you encounter are either so illiterate at tech that they would call a Ethernet cable a Wi-Fi cord or the person will think that they know what they're doing and will be sort of an annoying backseat driver.
If you are getting bored of the questions and you want to spice things up, you can reply with a low ball joke, so for the person who asked for a longer internet code ask, "how long would you like your internet code?" Don't get too cocky or you might get reported and pulled to the side
>>
File: dudewhat.jpg (103KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
dudewhat.jpg
103KB, 480x480px
>>61876744
I had to help a loan officer with her wireless mouse. I left my office to go all the way downstairs. She had already replaced the batteries but the mouse was still dead. Oh no!

Turns out she had put the AA batteries in backwards.
>>
>>61876821
Not computer related, but some dumbfuck I know ruined a jumper box and large battery because he mixed up the positive and negative clamps on his lawnmower's battery.
Too bad that didn't kill him.
>>
ITT: Smug IT employees that are acting better than old people or people who are trying to avoid getting in trouble at unionized workplaces
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.