[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anti-diversity Google guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 25

File: james damore.jpg (11KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
james damore.jpg
11KB, 380x380px
Can we talk about this dude for a little bit? You know the one that got fired from Google.

He claims to be a centrist(not left leaning or right leaning) and states he wanted to say something about the biological differences between the sexes and that this pushes them in a certain direction. He dislikes the diversity push because he thinks women aren't suited for this line of work and that men are far better at tech. Girls don't gravitate towards this sort of thing, and men often start in this field as a hobby. If women did gravitate towards this thing and were hobbyists they would be more suited towards the line of thinking that goes into it. Women are more social. The girls who do this sort of thing are like 1 in a million.

I also want to mention that a lot of women are for the most part pushed into being homemakers. If you look back especially in the US, women don't get to do much of anything that didn't involve cooking, cleaning, and tending to the kids. It's kind of the short end of the stick when you really think about it and after so long who wouldn't push to break into more fields? He didn't really prove his point in the interviews and he actually seemed really socially stunted, but I get what he was trying to say. So he plastered it all over the workplace completely unaware of just how BAD things could go for him. Kind of a dumb thing to do and well now idiots are kind of parading him around as a hero.

So what do you take from this? Personally, I think him getting fired is hilarious but he's not wrong. He'll find more work.
>>
>>61873941
>He'll find more work.
It probably won't be at a major silicon valley firm, I don't think anyone major would want to hire someone so controversial. At least not right now.
>>
Noce blog post about an idiot who shares his beliefs and opinions to his colleagues at work hours in workplace.
What a fucking idiot.
>>
>>61873941
>he thinks women aren't suited for this line of work and that men are far better at tech
That is not at all what he said. Why are none of you retards capable of actually reading the memo before running your mouths about it?
>>
>>61873941
wow i did not read all of that but would like to participate in this thread before it gets deleted and OP gets warned by the (((mods)))
>>
These roles do not take peak humans to perform. 'More suited' doesn't come into it for the same reason it doesn't come into other mundane jobs. People who bitch about being more biologically suited to a role forget that it's a fucking IT job at a big company. You don't need to be a genius, you need to be able to keep to a schedule and interact with other human beings.
>>
>>61873994
In the real world people discuss things at work. The point is beliefs and opinions are openly shared when it's about diversity affirmation but the opposing viewpoint is not allowed.
>>
he's a goofy dumbass brainlet who got hired after competing in a fucking coding competition who gives a shit what he thinks?
>>
>>61874079
>companies aren't allowed to foster their own preferred culture
So when are you going to type up a storm against the misogynist racist culture of car shops all while advocating a destruction of capitalism entirely?
I'll wait babe.
>>
>>61874105
>buttmad SJW loser rants about things his small rat-sized brain cannot comprehend
the post
>>
File: 1492345534278.jpg (62KB, 460x701px) Image search: [Google]
1492345534278.jpg
62KB, 460x701px
>>61874079
When working at company one should adapt to companys beliefs not other way around
>>
>>61873941
>He dislikes the diversity push because he thinks women aren't suited for this line of work and that men are far better at tech
stopped reading there, but honestly I'm not 100% sure that you're baiting
>>
>>61873941
LOL! This guy looks like a fuckin loser. No wonder he hates women. Good riddance I say, he must have creeped on all the girls at work.
>>
>>61874115
>this is his uber important 'opposing viewpoint' that needs to be discussed
>>
>>61873941
fuck off back to plebbit you stupid SJW piece of shit
>>
>>61873941
>because he thinks women aren't suited for this line of work
I only skimmed through his doc, but to me it seemed more like he was saying that, as far as numbers go, more men are likely to have the traits that make a good engineer, not that women as a whole are unfit for the job.

>>61873994
Noce blog post about an idiot who shares his beliefs and opinions to his colleagues at work hours in workplace.
What a fucking idiot.
Maybe he was naive enough to think he could affect the way things are actually run at Google. Maybe he thought he could make a difference. Either way, yeah he probably should have expected this outcome.
>>
>>61874079

You discuss things with your colleagues, you don't put a fucking blog post up directly in opposition to your company's p.o.v.

That's just stupid as shit. Your company has a right to want to put across a particular image, you don't get to disrupt that just because you're employed by them.
>>
>>61874121
What sort of corporate drone are you? Just because you work at google as a codemonkey or whatever doesn't mean you need to be a pro-immigration feminist.
>>
>>61874189

You can keep your mouth shut and let your company put across whatever message it wants without adopting whatever message it's broadcasting
>>
>>61874189
Then move to another company. There are plenty of options if you were hired by Google. They explicitly foster their own culture, hence "googlers". You'd have to be pretty fucking autistic to be unable to understand this, still want to work at google, and then post your rant about women and how uncomfortable you are.
Every single other industry understands this. People work at a company and disagree with coworkers all the time, do they autistically rant about that shit? Nah. If they have a serious problem with it, they either sort it internally or get the fuck out. Pretty sure even fucking fags at chick fil a can deal but this jewish autist can't? L M A O

(national agencies excluded)
>>
>write well researched memo suggesting that disparity in gender representation in the tech industry is not entirely due to discrimination and stems at least in part from biological differences that lead men to be naturally more interested in engineering
>circulates it with the diversity groups in Google
>no backlash
>goes viral in company
>queer queens decides it's misogynistic because it doesn't agree with their agenda
>push for his termination
>HR says fuck off
>"leaks" and public shitstorm ensues
>Google exec personally fires him
>in his memo noted that Google had a culture that suppressed opposing viewpoints
>got proven right
Like fucking pottery. I hope he sues for wrongful termination.
>>
>>61874271
Except he wasn't the one who couldn't deal. All he did was publish a memo to the groups at Google who handle diversity inspection or whatever the fuck it is the queer police do, and literally none of them had an issue with it. The shit storm happened after it started to circulate around the company, and eventually "somehow" got into the public eye.
>>
>>61874275
>I hope he sues for wrongful termination
He's already doing that
>>
>>61874148
>more men are likely to have the traits that make a good engineer
See that I understand, and while he never outright said that "women are unfit" he hinted that there are some differences that may not guarantee they'll automatically be a perfect fit for the jobs that are pushing the diversity thing. There's a divergence in the line of thinking when it comes to men and women and finding a job. Women for example don't work in construction or coal mining, that shit's dangerous. A big steel metal beam can fall down and turn you into a pancake.

This dude was just a cog in the wheel at google. Did he go out of line to write a manifesto about how their hiring practices are ineffectual? Yes, absolutely. Whoever fired him really wasn't having any of his shit and probably wanted to keep it from turning into a huge dumpster fire most likely.
>>
>>61874271
You realize that "googler" culture would have been shaped by discussions just like this guy tried to start? Women are generally shit at technology it's just the way it is.
>>
File: 1482682394479.jpg (41KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1482682394479.jpg
41KB, 540x405px
>>61874275
>. I hope he sues for wrongful termination.
That Poo in the Loo shithead who can't even speak English needs to be fired.
>>
>>61874384
>You realize that "googler" culture would have been shaped by discussions just like this guy tried to start?
"googler" culture has always been shaped by the guys who spend billions of dollars researching productive & loyal workplace environments
>>61874335
>Except he wasn't the one who couldn't deal.
Having to write the memo at all is literally the very definition of not being able to deal. How many levels of mental gymnastic are you on LMAO
>>
>>61873941

From what i understand, he used the proper forum for the memo. He posted in an internal message board meant for controversial topics. Add to that, Google supposedly encourages employees to share their views, including controversial ones.

From a legal and ethical perspective, it seems like Google in in the wrong. From a "maximizing shareholder value" perspective, they probably made the right move though. Burning the heretic and settling out of court is probably cheaper than the bad press of letting him continue to work there.
>>
>>61874450
>Having to write the memo at all is literally the very definition of not being able to deal

>person 1: hey I've noticed some things that I think are harmful in general to our company and think we should discuss them
>person 2: I refuse to discuss them lalala I'm not listening you're fired
Which of these people seems more "unable to deal"? I'll give you a hint, answering "person 1" implies that you're functionally retarded
>>
>>61873941
>He dislikes the diversity push because he thinks women aren't suited for this line of work and that men are far better at tech.
Wrong.
Get out ShariaBlue
>>
>>61873941
>I also want to mention that a lot of women are for the most part pushed into being homemakers. If you look back especially in the US, women don't get to do much of anything that didn't involve cooking, cleaning, and tending to the kids. It's kind of the short end of the stick when you really think about it and after so long who wouldn't push to break into more fields?
Women's pussies are their meal ticket and have been since cave man days. The MAJORITY of american women live off of men either by having sex with a bunch of guys and being a live-in girlfriend or by getting married and having kids or just by having kids and living off welfare and childsupport. No one ever critizes women for being leeches and living off men. But now somehow women think they should have tech jobs handed to them because of 'diversity', which I really dont care if they do, women have always lived on handouts, they get sex handouts, the get baby handouts, and now they get tech handouts, fine with me, keep feeding the leeches, whatever works.
>>
File: stu.jpg (182KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
stu.jpg
182KB, 500x500px
>>61874744
>critizes
>>
>>61874011
because none of the journos that reported on it bothered to read the memo before running their mouths about it.
>>
>>61874744
you talk about groups without recognising that individuals take actions, not groups.
>>
File: g.jpg (33KB, 450x311px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
33KB, 450x311px
>>61874764
>>
>>61874029
his major point is quotas are misguided, there's like one sentence at the end where he says it could possibly lead to less qualified people but the memo doesn't depend on that

>>61874275
>Google exec personally fires him
source? i assumed it was some shithead middle manager who caused all this by overreacting
>>
>>61874857
I'm saying women take action of sitting at home all day by fucking men and pumping out babies, whether as an individual or group, thats what women do, they live off men, not really difficult to understand
>>
>>61874343
>Suing google
Good luck with that. His only hope is that they show pity on him or else they will just dog pile him woth lawyers.
>>
>>61874364
>See that I understand, and while he never outright said that "women are unfit" he hinted that there are some differences that may not guarantee they'll automatically be a perfect fit for the jobs that are pushing the diversity thing.
That goes for everything and everyone though.

What percentage of male midwives do you think there are? Do you think that males, on a whole, would be as good at midwifery as females?
It's not like to be a midwife you need any particular technical skills that it would be impossible for males to learn or perform, but you need to create a pretty close emotional connection to the mothers you look after because they're basically trusting you for the health of their babies.

The thing is, that he points out, is that males and females are not completely separate in their traits. It's not men are from Mars and women are from Venus. It's a spectrum and that spectrum will manifest itself in the distribution of employment, trying to force 50/50 in your workplace will just cause an imbalance somewhere else.

The second problem is the assumption that because you are a white male you have no problems advancing in your occupation, so you don't get the benefits of career advancement programs that the females and minorities get. There's nothing wrong with helping people improve their skills and ensure they get pay advances they deserve but you can't assume that ever white male is having no problems with those. All you are doing by cutting them out is making a new minority which isn't easily identifiable by gender or skin color.
>>
http://www.apa.org/research/action/difference.aspx
>>
>>61875345
scholarships seem like the best option, schools are the bottleneck anyway
>>
>>61873969
idk man. he has a PhD from Harvard. I would bet that if he went "independent contractor" Google would rehire him.

They don't have to disclose that he works for them to anybody who would care.
>>
>>61875345
>the assumption that because you are a white male you have no problems advancing in your occupation
>so you don't get the benefits of career advancement programs that the females and minorities get.
I don't believe you.
>>
BRAVE AND YANDEX KILL THE GOOGLE
>>
>>61875345
I agree with your points, but pleeeeease stop using the midwife example. I keep seeing this come up, and it completely skirts the point of the whole thing.

The point is that if there is a difference in how efficient men and women are at coding/tech it is because of something in their brains. That's quite a bit different from saying one gender may be more comfortable around something like child birth.

If you think the argument is we should have a co-ed UFC, or that men don't make good midwives (both arguments I keep seeing) you have missed the point of the controversy.
>>
>>61874275
>well researched

Gender norms differ in different cultures. Women not being into tech is true in the US, but if you look at Eastern Europe or something, that's not the case
>>
Sounds like you have to write an essay/article and you want us to do your homework.

Not falling for these Hebrew tricks.
>>
>>61875513
>PhD from Harvard
They literally gift those to niggers and Mexicans.
>>
>>61873941
>He dislikes the diversity push because he thinks women aren't suited for this line of work and that men are far better at tech.
Why are you lying? Did you intentionally not link the memo because you are trying to get away with this lie?
>>
>>61875617
central asia has pretty good balance and guess what they don't have, SJWs
>>
>Can we talk about this dude

No, because the MtF "coders" who overpopulate this board don't want to be reminded of their mental illness, so you better take it to /pol/ (the place they think you're from)
>>
>>61874364
Why is it that when Reddit: The Coworker writes a pro-diversity essay it's considered a "thought piece," but when some dork writes an anti-diversity essay it's a "manifesto" or a "screed?"
>>
>>61873941
Did you even read the memo? You must be a grade A retard if you think that is what he was saying. He was giving ways to get more women into tech, not saying they shouldn't be there.
>>
>>61876526
what's funny is the guy isn't even anti-diversity yet that's how it was reported
>>
>>61876526
Modern companies try to appeal to as many demographics as possible to maximise profit. That means not offending shitskins and women. Even though the SJWs that complain online are a tiny minority managers are scared of the bad press.
>>
>>61873969
He will, I'm sure he has a lot of talent and companies really do look for that. I bet in a year or two he gets a job and has to work his way back up after the sjw herd has moved on to the next outrage du jour. Its like what happens when some celebrity says something they take a nice vacation.

Just look at mel gibson, if he can go on a rant about jews for days and come back to hollywood anyone can.
>>
>>61876591
Ah, you're right, I fell for using that term too.
How insidious.
>>
>>61873941
You so obviously did not read the memo, yet you have the audacity to call those of us that actually read it, and support him for it idiots.

>So he plastered it all over the workplace completely unaware of just how BAD things could go for him.
There is no way in hell he didn't know things would go bad for him. He even mentioned (in the memo), that people like him and conservatives are afraid to speak their mind in Google BECAUSE things would go bad for them. But of course, you wouldn't know that, because you didn't fucking read it.

Here's a bit of advice. Take a deep breath, close your 4chan tab, and reign in your ADD enough that you can read and comprehend the paper. You'll feel a lot better after you do.
>>
>>61876594
Jews in Hollywood only care about money. They will gladly work with an anti-Semite if they can earn money and there is little incentive to give him shit as long as they can get money from him
>>
>>61873941

What I take from this is the tin foil fucks are right to be afraid and defensive. Aparently a political cult has formed inside google at the top.

They reacted to a letter with with objective fact as if it was mein kamp and expect people to go along with it. If this can happen then its only a matter of time until some shit comes for us.
>>
>>61873994

It was stupid but it was because he was naive. He knew what was happening at work was wrong. the problem is he thought his colleges would listen to reason.
>>
>>61874011
>>61874126
>>61876413
>>61876579
>>61876664
>R-Read the memo, it's good I swear
Link me to a completely unedited version and I'll read the shit out of it
>>
>>61873969
I work for a large major Bay Area tech company and the CEO actually mentioned this guy a couple of days later when giving an internal speech and he started taking about diviersity. Any tech company large enough to have diversity focused staff members (yeah we have a whole team) will never hire this guy. It's a shame too, I push people so hard to give honest opinions and blunt feedback about things and with this guy you're going to get it. I respect people like him so much more, even if I don't fully agree.
>>
>>61876709
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf
As far as I am aware this copy is unedited.
>>
>>61876709
that brainlets like you can't be arsed to read 500 words is what caused this shit
>>
>>61873941
Some power is attacking googlag, and this boy is a face of the campaign.
>>
> That huge ass nose
So what is he hoping to accomplish with this scheme?
>>
>>61874028
tl;dr a guy from Google thought it was a good idea to share his centrist ideas about how women are not suited for tech jobs and that he completely understands the reason why they gravitated to this line
Oh yeah, he also got fired from Google
>>
File: 1432501538960.jpg (56KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1432501538960.jpg
56KB, 500x385px
It's strange that we live in a time were women WANT to be subjected to the joys of wagecuckery.

Most men only take the 40 hour work week because they have to and the rest(like 10 percent of men) work 60-80 hours because they want to. Men work at climbing the ladder because it attracts women, but now women want to climb that same ladder thinking that the climb is going to bring them happiness. I'm willing to bet that it doesn't pay off like they think it will a vast majority of the time. They climb the ladder, realize that it's "not what they wanted" and promptly find some other job to do, maybe get married and have a kid.

Life isn't that great at the top of the corporate ladder, it requires very long work days and a high level of stress tolerance.
>>
>>61875513
>he has a PhD from Harvard

He actually doesn't, he quit half way through his PhD
>>
>>61876858
>centrist ideas
holy fuck literally hitler

>>61876872
it's understandable, women love high paying office jobs, but instead of earning them they bitched their way in
>>
>>61876526
Basically the whole thing is like Gamergate all over again. None of them actually read the memo and wrote on it and even worked together on the narrative to paint him as a white supremacist or that he was alt right. If you do not believe me look at the Salon article which days "do not equate facts with science" they completely missed the point and know nothing.

There was only maybe one that did have it and that was selectively edited out sources and sentences.

>>61876579
Then you are a grade A retard because you know fuck all about the memo.
>>
I wouldn't really say his stats were wrong, but there's nothing that proves that anything he mentioned makes women worse workers in the tech sector. I don't think he's a bad person, but I understand why Google fired him - he was probably a huge liability, especially after it got passed around internally.
>>
>>61876872
There is an irony in your post. There has been a huge correlation with females working and being unhappy. It's sort of funny and ironic that they want to be treated as equals but have written articles about how men should stop playing video games and being NEETS and work a job. That somehow it's our duty yet females are entering the field and actually realizing its not what it was made out to be.
>>
>>61876977
>There has been a huge correlation with PEOPLE working and being unhappy.
Fixed that for you
You also seem to be vilifying all women as some unified evil group wanting to invade the tech sector.
>>
File: american internet.png (167KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
american internet.png
167KB, 500x365px
His biological arguments are fine, if questionable in terms of a causal relationship. But the rest of his memo, the parts that feminazis apparently had no qualms with, were beyond retarded.

The worst part about it was where he tried to redefine the concept of politics in terms of an aggregate of personality traits, which is nonsense on every possible level. Being a "liberal" or a "conservative" is objectively meaningless, your personality is irrelevant to the judgments you consciously choose to make. It only superficially makes sense in the context of American popular politics, in which there is virtually no discussion of ideas and their value, only petty spats over identitarianism, which is itself rooted in universally accepted values that people don't usually think about because they're taken for granted.

On top of this is the fact that he doesn't even try to challenge the diversity agenda, which is inexorably linked to the failed policies he is complaining about, and in fact claims to support it. He simply wants to ruin the company in a different way--ironically, one which could be construed as even more politically correct, because they are afraid to even openly discuss the existence of different identities, despite forming policies around them.

Though the amusing part is the one where he says he is a classical liberal. Google is doing what they want on their own private property, which he otherwise ideologically endorses, but apparently it's somehow communist if he doesn't like it. That's doublethink if I ever seen it.
>>
>>61876973
>PHD in Biology
>Says females are prone to anxiety and stress
>Emphasize mah feels over responsibility
>Literally no females work the next day the memo was made

I could go on and on. But have you noticed that females never code? Have you seen their github work and contributions? There are so many that do nothing but write about diversity and movements than anything that relates to the projects at hand.

>>61876997
Mostly they are, there are very few females that do anything. If you can not see it you are part of the problem. Money is lost training these workers only to realize they may never do anything but sit there and browse Facebook.
>>
>>61877030
Both of those posts you replied to are me. Sounds like the only female programmer you know is Karlie Kloss. Do you honestly thing Google hires 50% women who just sit and browse Facebook all day?
>>
>>61874271
>Then move to another company
>foster their own culture
>You'd have to be pretty fucking autistic to be unable to understand this, still want to work at google, and then post your rant about women and how uncomfortable you are

Does this go for the women who worked at Uber too, or were they exempt from the "if you don't like the culture, you shouldn't want to work there and don't go on a rant about it" rule?
>>
>>61877016
it's just a stupid thing he wrote in 12 hours, the shitstorm is the story at this point, had the response been reasonable nobody would care
>>
>>61877048
Yes.
>>
>>61875617
It's literally true everywhere and maybe differs in percentages. Look at the Norwegian gender paradox. Cultures can shift the percentages a bit but the underlying biological influences are still the major foundation.
>>
>>61877016
>He does not challenge diversity agenda

Look what happened, he questioned it and was thrown out of a job. If he did it would be a war with the gestapo feminazi's. I highly doubt he wanted to push it further except to get people to question the fact that of hiring those who are into diversity and add nothing to the job. Might explain why Google has been terrible in the last 4 years with 5 chat apps and just "MAH AI assistant" which you guessed it, another chat app.

>>61877048
>Females are some evil in the tech sector.
>50% browse Facebook

Even 50% is a loss of money to train females who do not do anything at all but are just affirmative action and diversity hires. That is the problem the memo noted.
>>
I feel like his points were read with too much emotion. He has, on multiple occasions, stated that companies should hire based on skill, not based on skin color and gender. I don't understand what the problem is. People are free to pursue whichever degree they wish. If there's an under representation of females or males in a field, there's likely more reasoning than
>muh sexism
>>
>>61877059
True, I think it was doomed to be an embarrassment. I'm not even sure what he expected from his superiors, he clearly knew it wouldn't go anywhere.
>>
>>61877104
>Even 50% is a loss of money to train females who do not do anything at all but are just affirmative action and diversity hires. That is the problem the memo noted.
Well, surprise, it's a non-existent problem.
>>
>>61873941
that cunt wanted attention from clash with google
he's a fucker that don't want to work and wants to spend time on interviews, saying 'WAAAAA they're mean with me, the good boy"
>>
>>61877132
>It's a non existent problem because I said so

I like how you avoid my points and use sarcasm to make yourself feel better.
>>
stupid redneck. He's one of those kekistan fags
>>
File: 1435047842232.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1435047842232.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>61876773
OP here, I read the whole thing. There's a lot of stupid bullshit in there and I'll narrow down some of his autism.

>All the reasons for less women being in tech aren't all because of oppression, it's because of the sexes and their differences. Proceeds to show some stupid bars and lines. Women are more social, and if you want to them to be useful have them work in groups so they can do all their talking.
Haha, I agree.
>Conservatives tend to be conscientious people and this is something mature and well-functioning establishments need. If we continue to demonize them and throw them out of discussion it'll be hard to function without them.
Don't call republicans out on their bullshit or they'll leave bitching and moaning taking their money with them, so we should coddle them? Dreadful.
>Liberals have too much empathy, empathy doesn't fix everything though and people who point this out are often yelled at.
I agree. Most of the people who bring it up tend to be idiots though.
>He feels afraid to speak his opinions for fear of being accosted (uses republicans as an example). Political correctness and moral crusades are pointless when it comes to productivity.
Again you're here to work.
>Google is hurting itself and its productivity by creating echo chambers and enforcing dangerous biases in the workplace. Their approach to diversity isn't actually as accurate as they think it is and here's a huge list of reasons of why. Google's intentions are hindered by its obsession with social microaggressions.
His entire document comes off as a rant of things that bother him, and a lot of it is about his employer. It could also be misconstrued as anti-diversity and sexist. If you scrub through his word salad, he was saying if you want to make profit don't chase acceptance, diversity, and rainbows for the sake of it, it should only be done to improve the company and its profits.

This guy's power level is off the fucking charts. Now I see why they fired him.
>>
>>61877160
Look at literally any Google employees' github. They all do work. Google is literally the most successful company alive right now, do you think it would hire people who don't work as 50% of their staff? Use your head, Anonymous. Google is cutthroat as hell, even for women. You cannot even get an interview without being in the top 1% of 1% of programmers.
>>
>>61877210
>Top 1% of programmers
Sure...
>>
>>61877210
>look at literally any Google employee's github. They all do work.
Sure they do. >>61871894
>>
>>61877281
Found the guy who isn't in the tech sector. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about here.
>>
>>61877210
>Top 1% of programmers
Sure...

>>61877295
Quite sure that the guy was complaining about google giving more chances to women just to keep the "diversity". Doesn't sound like good programmers where a goal there.
>>
File: whiteswon.png (28KB, 738x552px) Image search: [Google]
whiteswon.png
28KB, 738x552px
>>61877210
fuck off, women are worthless
>>
>>61877339
>google hires more men than women
what is this supposed to prove?
>>
>>61877349
>google
thats stackoverflow fucking roastie, go back to tumblr,make a blog post complaining about muh sexism
>>
>>61873941
My takeaway is this basically >>61876696 as far as him as in individual

You can't really fault him for it though. Lacking street smarts isn't surprising for someone with his level of education

But the issues he raised about the tech industry in general I don't think anyone but extremists disagree with.
>>
File: 1502163695824.gif (504KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502163695824.gif
504KB, 1080x1080px
I can't make up my mind on whether or not James Damore was completely fuckin noided or he was genuinely fixated on Google's problems and wanted to fix them.

On one end it looks like he's taking the piss out of his employer and on another side of the spectrum maybe he hates all of this stuff and tried to word it as safely as possibly but people saw through his ruse. Or maybe he's a total buzzkill and this was his way of trying to talk to his coworkers about something. Don't people usually share funny things around the office instead of verbose lists of nitpicks and pet peeves? Is he anti-social and softspoken like he comes off in the interviews?

Anybody here work with a guy like this? Or does /g/ see themselves when they see him?
>>
>>61877619
My employer doesn't have diversity training workshops so it's hard for me to speculate on his motives beyond what he said
>>
>>61873941
Actually, I think Damore makes more points than you're taking him granted for... If you read the "memo" (it's not a memo at least to what he personally claims, it's a document he wrote and sent to Google Skeptics as feedback in private then was leaked somewhere along the way), he concurs that diversification programs are necessary but are performed in unintelligent ways currently. He iterates again that there are plenty of good female individuals in the field, the same with men, but when you take the much larger sample size (the distribution) women tend to fall out of the tendencies of the work environment in tech. Damore mostly focuses the essay on saying that the tech workplace is not suitable for women and they should change the workplace (in more subtle ways than "diversification seminars") and that male gender roles are more inflexible. A dude would probably be more likely to object to a liberal arts major or home ec than a female would, but a woman can always fall back on that if STEM fails for them, e.g. a lot of dudes are driven by status and money. I'm certain that the age of women being "pushed" to become homemakers in bulk is rapidly coming to a close because women have been liberated so much by feminism but men have been largely still in the same role.

Given those points I feel that he didn't feel like he was being inflammatory or had ulterior motive to write this "memo" and was trying to be constructive and I can agree with most of what he's saying including his suggestions. The firing was largely a PR move, no one would've done anything if it didn't get leaked. As for his future he's very well educated and is very popular now due to this fiasco so he's fine.
>>
File: debrawsoh.jpg (14KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
debrawsoh.jpg
14KB, 620x349px
He deserved to be fired. Not for his opinion. For spouting it like anyone cared. He's one of those snowflake millennials. (disclaimer: not all millennials are snowflakes. Snowflakes just appear in higher proportion in that generation. I blame their Gen X parents who all conformed to the non-conformity thing. Naturally, that bunch is going to think their kid is special/different/etc and raise them that way.)

Every snowflake thinks he's captain of the ship. None of them understand how to be part of a team. None of them understand being a leader is the result of earning the respect of those around you.

As a result, he shared his opinions with people who don't respect him. Classic snowflake mistake. People who don't respect you don't want to hear your opinion. They want to hear their own opinion.

This post is not hypocrisy, because Anonymous. Thank you. That is all.
>>
>>61877802
that he was fired isn't really the point, shill

though gen x is to blame for victim culture
>>
File: googleemp.jpg (93KB, 960x660px) Image search: [Google]
googleemp.jpg
93KB, 960x660px
>>61877802
>he is a snowflake but not the people that he makes angry
suuuure fucking shill
>>
>>61878155
desu jbd made golang so she's cool and knowledgable at least based on a few encounters during issue resolution on le github meme (even tho golang's an aspie language)

everyone else is triple-cucked though
>>
>>61875617
Other countries being different doesn't make him any less right.
>>
>>61873941
He won't find another job, try laughing when it's you
>>
>>61875544
What email do you use and do you watch youtube?
>>
>>61876482
Central Asia wasn't dominated by a kike religion like Christianity and women there are traditional and arent trying to compete against men. You should look up the pink collar in Japan, imagine if something like that was introduced here
>>
>>61877196
>If you're a conservative you must be republican
Spotted the idiot
>>
>>61877174
Aka the majority.
>>
I think he's entirely correct.

And if his shitty memo went to the media I probably would have fired him as well.
>>
>>61874519
lmao. this so much
>>
>>61876594
>Mel Gibson
Not a good example, he had his career ruined for 10+ years

That's probably hundreds of millions of lost dollars and wasted time for him. Not exactly a quick bounceback.
>>
>>61873941
He should have posted his letter here and asked what might happen to him. The sjw thing is pretty rabid right now on both sides. I see as mostly rhetoric on both sides of the issue and just fodder for verbal escalation that ends in people disagreeing with sjw getting fired.
>>
File: leafgirl.png (6KB, 296x375px) Image search: [Google]
leafgirl.png
6KB, 296x375px
>>61873941
Why bring it up? The fact that he has all that time to write a 10-page screed on women shows he's not fulfilling his core duties and he isn't a very productive engineer.

I mean, the fact that he wrote a 10 page rant on women instead of working on some interesting project shows he has kind of an axe to grind. It's pretty easy at a place like Google to ignore the SJW culture and just focus on producing good code, yet he chose to write a supreme-gentleman-tier manifesto. Why?
>>
>>61879502
>screed
>rant
>when google literally has diversity officers
>when early reports literally compared a memo writer to dillon and elliot
opinion discarded
>>
>>61879521
It was a rant, you really can't deny this.
>>
>>61879502
>fulfilling his core duties
>biologists understand animals
>engineers solve problems
>he's attempting to solve a people problem
>>
>>61879650
Was "biologist" in his job title? No? Then fuck off >>>/pol/
>>
>>61873994
>discuss opinions about how you hate whitey
>get promoted

>state facts about gender differences
>get fired

are you a google shill by any chance?
>>
>>61879521
Do they have SJW department, engineers and scientists working on SJW research?
>>
>>61879693
But /g/ is a subreddit of /pol/
>>
>>61879693
hello nigger
>>
>>61879742
/g/ is a subreddit of intel, this board is dogshit
>>
>>61873941
The only thing it shows how rotten journalism is:

The guy said
>biological differences exists
>keep them in mind to create diversity without discrimination

The press said
>dudebro releases ANTI-DIVERSITY MEMO based on FRAUD SCIENCE and studies made by NAZI SCIENTISTS. In his HATE FILLED MEMO he calls all women DUMB WHORES and talks about his PLANS FOR A SECOND HOLOCAUST and how he WANTS TO REVIVE SLAVERY
>>
>>61873941

He cites evopsych bullshit (which isn't considered valid science), while making noise about reason and rationality.

His arguments don't stand up to any kind of scientific scrutiny.

He claims to be a centrist while advancing a distinctly right-wing agenda.

The defense of the memo has been mounted solely in terms of tone. We're constantly told the memo is "calm" and "reasonable", which is irrelevant, because the content is irrational trash.

It's telling that no-one can mount a defense of the content, and instead fall back to tone arguments.
>>
>>61879954
that's weird there's a dozen PhDs who say the science is reasonable, did you actually read the memo?
>>
>>61875603
>m-muh something in their brains that makes womyns bad at coding
>t. doesn't actually have any neurobiological evidence to support the claims
>>
>>61879954
>He claims to be a centrist while advancing a distinctly right-wing agenda.

you are so far to the left, anything is "rightwing" to you
>>
>>61879951
this post perfectly sums up the memo and the shill reaction to the memo

well done, well done
>>
>>61879742
I thought /g/ was a subreddit of /v/
>>
>>61879954
I cant defend it because I havent read it and dont want to defend it

All I know is that to say men and women have exactly equal faculties and competence in the tech industry is not only irrational, it's impossible.
>>
>>61873941
>anti-diversity
>literally a pro-diversity lefty cuck
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: ned flanders.png (182KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
ned flanders.png
182KB, 442x341px
>>61879986
The science is reasonable insofar as he links to things like PubMed papers. The issue is that there is no established causal link between them and the topic matter. He pulled his claims of relation out of his ass. Hell, in terms of sexual dimorphism in neurology, one could easily claim that women would have some advantages in programming, like with object location memory. But there is absolutely zero empirical evidence for this, so it's silly to contend it.

More topically, basing wild assertions off of things that are technically true is also the source of a lot of SJW nonsense. The Duluth model has long since been proven to be completely useless, and yet it's still defended based mainly on differences in crime rates between the sexes. It's as asinine as it sounds.
>>
>>61875617
>eastern Europe
Look up the Norwegian gender paradox, retard.
>>
>>61879693
Title doesn't mean shit when "software engineer" can mean almost anything today.
>>
>>61874893
>being this disconnected from reality and blinded by your own bitterness
I hope you get better anon. Maybe go outside and realise women are just people with goals like everybody else, living on welfare is a shit life that they generally don't want, and being a stay at home mum is rarer than ever, and you don't gain anything by characterising all women as some monolithic block who do things you don't like.

>>61878403
>differing levels of outcome due to culture rather than biology don't imply biology is at best not a dominant causal factor

>>61880095
>Eastern Europe
>Norway
Only an American could have posted this
>>
>>61878653
>American Conservatives will work for Democrats
Spotted the idiot
>>
>>61880076
Which wild assertions are you referring to?

For me it would be enpugh to dispel leftist wild assertions, namely the dogma of unequivocal 'diversity' and 'equality', to the point at which quotas can be justified to ensure that the number of men and women is exactly the same.
>>
>>61880095
The "gender paradox" has only been properly established in terms of basic personality traits, which are heritable between individuals anyway. As a case study it only proves, for the hundredth time, that feminist social politics don't work because people don't like being told what to do.

Men and women being treated differently is universal in human society, but to say they each had the exact same respective roles in every culture is quite literally the same as saying all cultures are the same in general. To say everything in human behavior is genetic is no different from the postmodern consensus.
>>
>>61879951
Cite 5 articles which vaguely even seem like your greentext

>inb4 obscure breitbart-tier femiqueer news source
>>
>>61880178
*vote for
>>
>>61880149
>he doesn't understand why eastern European countries have more girls in tech than Norway
t. brainlet

>>61880205
So you are telling me eastern European women don't go into tech because it's one of the very few areas you can actually have a somewhat decent wage in but because the social expectations are to be married and have at least one kid at age 25?
>>
>>61880195
>Which wild assertions are you referring to?
Basically, he failed to substantiate how the studies he cited
>For me it would be enpugh to dispel leftist wild assertions, namely the dogma of unequivocal 'diversity' and 'equality', to the point at which quotas can be justified to ensure that the number of men and women is exactly the same.
That's not how politics work. What is not the same as why. For example, it could easily be argued that if women were inferior, some degree of affirmative action might be defensible; similarly, if everyone is equal, whether it is necessary or useful is highly debatable.
People who think equality in political context is supposed to be literal are too retarded for politics, regardless of their personal feelings on the matter.
>>
This guy is a martyr on the war against feminism and divershitty.
>>
>>61873941
Google is a SJW hellhole
>>
I find it pretty crazy how many people commenting or even reporting on the memo seem to have not actually read it.

To see all of the discussion around this center on him saying "Women aren't as capable as men in tech" when he literally never says anything like that is really bizarre.

What is hilarious is that all of the current diversity policies big tech companies are running with clearly aren't working and this guy is throwing out some ideas that he thinks could potentially help with fixing that. How is that not a great way to start a discussion and test new ideas?
>>
>>61880268
>So you are telling me eastern European women don't go into tech because it's one of the very few areas you can actually have a somewhat decent wage in but because the social expectations are to be married and have at least one kid at age 25?
The gender paradox argument doesn't work here because globally, Eastern Europe is only a little bit worse off than Western/Northern Europe. In fact, I would argue that "progressive" politics actively cause the issues they claim to be concerned with by driving wedges between people and making them paranoid. Same with all other particularist ideologies.

Not that it matters either way. Even if there were no biological differences involved, it still wouldn't matter if there are less women in tech.
>>
>>61873941
He hurt his cause a lot more than help it. He just made this platform be driven to the very front of SV and there has already been a strong backlash to it and that will be overcorrected even more so.

So instead of a company having one diversity scheme they will now have five.

But he gets to be a rightwing poster boy for a week or two until they find their next martyr.
>>
>>61880274
>People who think equality in political context is supposed to be literal are too retarded for politics
The public think equality is supposed to be literal, thats for sure. I'm mainly interested in what the public thinks as that is what democracy and common law should be derived from if it is a good society.

To a large extent it is a good society. Public opinion is the main reason for this stupidity.

People believing in affirmative action is another aspect of stupidity, as emotions win out over logical reasoning
>>
>>61880329
>How is that not a great way to start a discussion and test new ideas?
It's not genuine, it's concern trolling.

>What is hilarious is that all of the current diversity policies big tech companies are running with clearly aren't working
By what metric? Tech companies are more profitable than ever, diversity policies seem to be working fine for them. Is your criteria for "not working" equivalent to "diversity policies make me upset as a perpetually outraged /pol/tard"?
>>
>>61880355
really i don't care about talent in tech, all this DISRUPTION for shit i could already do before just on a fucking phone now
>>
>>61880391

> It's not genuine, it's concern trolling.

The memo itself seems to have a positive outlook on diversity in tech but thinks it is not being executed well or efficiently. I have not followed up on any of the interviews so maybe this guy is actually alt-right or something. I dunno.

>By what metric? Tech companies are more profitable than ever, diversity policies seem to be working fine for them. Is your criteria for "not working" equivalent to "diversity policies make me upset as a perpetually outraged /pol/tard"?

Usually by their own metrics and at least the media opinions around the subject. Large numbers of engineering teams still apparently have crazy gender disparities and when I see a lot of pro-diversity talks in tech this tends to be one of the biggest problems they hope to solve.

Not from /pol/ or outraged. I work in tech and wish there could be more honest discussion about this kind of stuff rather than most people keeping their mouths shut in fear. To see something left leaning or centrist like this get shot down and demonized is kind of a bummer and lets me know we are a ways off.
>>
>>61880367
>People believing in affirmative action is another aspect of stupidity, as emotions win out over logical reasoning
If you cannot understand your opponent's point of view, you cannot possibly hope to beat him. This is what the "rational skeptic" cultists will never understand. No one has ever changed their mind after being called a moron. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>61873941
He looks like a jewish nerd who gets rejected by all the pretty girls despite earning a lot and working at a fancy company.
This invalidates any negative opinion he has on women in my eyes.
>>
>>61880478
I've been called a moron and then changed my mind. Checkmate.
>>
>>61880486
Huh. Only 4chan can make you laugh at someone for proving you wrong.
>>
>>61880478
I do understand it, so I know it's stupid. Calling an idea stupid is not the same as calling a person stupid, but you seem to have taken it personally.

To reiterate, I can see why you might consider subsidising women in tech. I do not think it is remotely a good idea.
>>
>>61880481
>negative opinion he has on women
body shaming aside, can you quote where he insults women
>>
>>61880519
The bit where he got fired for 'perpetuating gender stereotypes'
>>
File: 121996955035.jpg (95KB, 306x432px) Image search: [Google]
121996955035.jpg
95KB, 306x432px
>>61880548
that's not a quote, friend :^)
>>
>>61880178
>>61880253
>American Conservatives will vote for Democrats
They voted for Obama.

Captcha: raceday public
>>
>>61880565
Read it again buddy
>>
>>61880502
>Calling an idea stupid is not the same as calling a person stupid
It's still calling names either way.

It may not be rational or fair, but that's how the real world works. Everyone thinks other opinions are stupid and that their own are persecuted.
>>
>>61873941
>'classical liberal' sperglord thinks he's smarter than everyone else
>writes a ten page manifesto dripping with faux-intellectualism criticising the company he works for
>distributes manifesto at work as some sort of call to arms
>gets fired
He should have been a member of a union if he wanted protection for his opinions. He walked like a naïve sheep among wolves.
>>
>anti-diversity
>the first thing the memo says is he is in favour of a diverse workplace

>He dislikes the diversity push because he thinks women aren't suited for this line of work
That's not what it said.

>Girls don't gravitate towards this sort of thing
That's what he said, in the median.

>and men often start in this field as a hobby
That is a legitimate observation, and he's one of those hobbyists.

>If women did gravitate towards this thing and were hobbyists they would be more suited towards the line of thinking that goes into it
Yes.

>Women are more social.
Are they not?

>The girls who do this sort of thing are like 1 in a million.
Are they not?

>I also want to mention that a lot of women are for the most part pushed into being homemakers
Oh please, it's almost always women who are the pushy bastards who want to have kids and settle down. So they do that and do what is natural to them.

>women don't get to do much of anything that didn't involve cooking, cleaning, and tending to the kids
Someone has to do it.

>It's kind of the short end of the stick when you really think about it
Those poor women, liberated from dangerous and difficult employment.
>>
>>61880619
this

he handled it like a retard
>>
>>61873994
Google encourages discussion of issues in the workplace. Just not the issues faced by white males.
>>
File: fedora says.png (184KB, 332x396px) Image search: [Google]
fedora says.png
184KB, 332x396px
>>61880632
>Oh please, it's almost always women who are the pushy bastards who want to have kids and settle down. So they do that and do what is natural to them.
>>
>>61880619
>>61880639
"classical liberals" are unironically the macfags of politics
>>
>>61878155
Dana Fried looks ugly as fuck, holy shit. And why is Sarah Adams proud of being bipolar? That's not something to be proud of. I'd like a Google paycheck, but if those would be my coworkers, fuck that shit. I'll gladly make a bit less working somewhere else.
>>
>>61880639
can you separate what he's trying to say from the person
>>
>>61880662
no

ideas don't exist in vacuum, only autists think otherwise
>>
>>61879502
What makes you think he wrote that during work hours? Or are you autistic enough to think that people don't do non-work related stuff at home?
>>
>>61880677
>What makes you think he wrote that during work hours
>spreads it using company resources using his real name
gee i wonder
>>
>>61879546
reads very sensible and calm to me
>>
>>61880676
>ideas don't count if you're not brown
lol
>>
>>61880688
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: okhand.jpg (107KB, 910x820px) Image search: [Google]
okhand.jpg
107KB, 910x820px
>>61879951
>The guy said
>>biological differences exists
>>keep them in mind to create diversity without discrimination
Nicely put.
>>
>>61880686
It was calm in the sense that he was trying way too hard to seem level-headed even though most of his memo was clearly rushed.
>>
>>61880695
wtf hang this nazi
>>
>>61880695
he wrote it while bored on an intercontinental flight not expecting his coworkers to shit themselves
>>
>>61880685
Copy-paste exists. Its simple, really, you write the paper at home and then you go to work the next day and copy the paper on the internal communication channels meant for discussing diversity in the workplace. Wow, so much worktime wasted.
>>
I thought moot was hired to run an anonymous imageboard internally for Googlers to vent about this sort of company culture type of thing.

If he really wanted to have a genuine discussion without appearing as some wannabe martyr in search of cause, why didn't he post it there? Reeks of attention whoring where he thought he'd be celebrated for publishing this.
>>
>>61880708
Yeah, sure, I buy that story.
>>
>>61880649
Sorry, you're right. It's actually men who usually pester the woman of the relationship to have children, buy a house, get a better career, and so on. Women are just captive breeders who are then consigned to a life of childcare against their will. Their status is better than slaves, really.
>>
>>61880685
google has a "spend X hours doing whatever you want" policy at work
>>
>>61880719
You sound like you have unresolved mommy issues.
>>
>>61880728
Not as of 2013, they don't, actually.
>>
>>61880713
he literally posted it on the internal diversity board which was later leaked, shithead

we need an internet license to keep retards like you out
>>
>>61880717
Was it too hard to follow? Too many steps? Where did I lose you?
>>
>>61880702
>not expecting his coworkers to shit themselves
He (correctly) accused his coworkers of being intolerant several times, so that's a bit paradoxical.
>>
>>61880735
It sounds like bullshit to distract from the fact that he's wasting company resources on his little crusade. I don't buy it.
>>
>>61880734
He used his real name. He's an attention whore and painted a target on his back. He had it coming to him.
>>
>>61880749
the document had no name on it
>>
>>61880746
There's an internal board for discussing this sort of thing. He is therefore implicitly allowed to discuss these issues while at work. I doubt it took that much time from his actual work. Don't pretend like you don't pick your nose at work instead of working 110% of the time.
>>
>>61880754
Yet he spread it in a manner that it was traced back to him, which means he might as well have used his real name.
>>
File: 1397863293087.jpg (76KB, 284x267px) Image search: [Google]
1397863293087.jpg
76KB, 284x267px
What bothers me most is that he is right, and people are too deep into SJW to think otherwise.

I see it all the time at work. I work in medical research, the PhD candidates coming in are 50/50 male/female, and the candidates who make the cut are also about 50/50.

When it comes to career advancing (going for postdoc, or even associate prof, the females are nowhere to be seen because ladder climbing is a male thing and the females don't think it's compatible with raising a family.

In addition, over the years I learned that all females are sexist pigs. Ask any male coworker to share a hotelroom for a conference and they don't care. Ask any female coworker to share and they refuse. Upon inquiry why, they state "because you're a guy". And that's the end of the argument. They think it's 'normal'. If you replace guy with nigger, I would sue your ass.
>>
>>61880729
how do you think relationship dynamics work?
>>
>>61880761
>He had it coming to him.
i don't get what is the matter with you. fucking hell.
>>
>>61880746
though you're fact immune, recall this was written on an airplane, and even if it wasn't this is the company that gives employees 20% time for personal projects
>>
>>61880760
>He is therefore implicitly allowed to discuss these issues while at work
Oh, he's "allowed" to in the sense that he can do it and get fired. Kek. Why ruin your career like that by sprinting full speed into that minefield? It's not something people can have rational discussions about.
>>
>>61880768
He had it coming to him because he was stupid enough to publish his political opinions like anyone gave a shit. Google didn't pay him for his opinions on feminism or the biological differences between sexes, they paid him to be an engineer. You'd have to be politically autistic to do what he did and expect not to get fired. And don't give me that "oh he was just trying to improve the company's hiring practices" because that is 100% concern trolling bullshit.
>>
>>61880772
That's clearly true, but that's not what they promised. That's besides the point anyway, if he had "wasted" his time talking about how there aren't enough gay black transgender women at work, he'd still have a job, so wasting company time was not the issue at all.
>>
>>61880770
>this is the company that gives employees 20% time for personal project
It doesn't, they got rid of that policy in 2013.
>>
>>61880787
>Google didn't pay him for his opinions
you're right. yet the workplace policy was to SOLICIT THESE OPINIONS

and then when an opinion they don't like emerges, poof
>>
>>61880244
Yeah, it's not telling that the first leakers already coined it "anti-diversity memo"? Such a loaded word that has most people grab the pitchforks after reading the title. They could have called it "diversity memo" or "anti-discrimination memo".

Motherboard [0] started the whole thing:
- claims the "document said improving racial and gender diversity is less important than making sure conservatives feel comfortable" (wrong, it said don't discriminate people)
- mentions that Google allegedly under-pays women (though it has nothing to do with the memo, but helps to draw a picture of the memo being the cherry on top of systematic workplace misogyny)
- claims it said "Google should not offer programs for underrepresented racial or gender minorities" (though he said people shouldn't be excluded from programs because of their race/gender)
- pretends the gist was "women are less qualified than men"
- claims "white dudes" think diversity is lowering the bar (loaded word)
- "vast majority of Google employees did not support the document's arguments" (pushes the whole thing into a corner)

Gizmodo [1] leaked the document but removed citations. Guardian pretends he said "women are biologically unsuited to technical work" and calls it "junk science" without citing a single paper. [2] Buzzfeed calls it "pseude-scientific" without citing a single paper to counter his points.

[0] https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/kzbm4a/employees-anti-diversity-manifesto-goes-internally-viral-at-google
[1] http://gizmodo.com/exclusive-heres-the-full-10-page-anti-diversity-screed-1797564320
[2] https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/09/google-memo-man-women-tech-original-computer-programmers
[3] https://www.buzzfeed.com/blakemontgomery/google-has-fired-the-employee-who-wrote-an-anti-diversity

I could go on and on but I'm not waisting my Sunday with this. If you don't see how most articles just tried to poison the well, then I can't help you.
>>
>>61880787
and shills keep deflecting to his firing as if it's relevant to anything he said
>>
>>61880792
>if he had "wasted" his time talking about how there aren't enough gay black transgender women at work
Because that isn't bad PR for his company.
>>
>>61880798
>yet the workplace policy was to SOLICIT THESE OPINIONS
Are you really that naive to think that they actually want honest opinions or are you smart enough to understand that actual office politics that goes on when that issue is raised? Because if it's the former you are just as autistic as him and you will probably get fired for it eventually.
>>
>>61873969
Just for the intel he'd give anyone on google, that's worth a lot. He just has to disgruntled enough (and considering he didn't get a separation package, he probably is)
>>
File: chad plow.png (331KB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
chad plow.png
331KB, 1200x640px
>>61880805
What is bad PR is firing someone just for for having an opinion the majority agrees with. My proof that the majority agrees with it is right here: inspect my anus.

>>61880814
Yes you're right: might makes right.
>>
>>61880816
Anything worth a significant amount would be covered by NDA
>>
>>61873941
women want to be treated as equal, until you punch one square in the jaw in a bar fight then they become these little women who are picked on by brutish men. Most of the fields that stereotypically associate with women (fashion, cooking etc) are dominated by mean. the best designers and chefs are male, its a fact. Most women i know now in mid to late twenties couldnt boil a fuckin egg let alone cook a meal and although i know that doesnt count for all women across the globe it shows how the whole "equality" thing is for want of a better word dumbing down the female of the species.
>>
>>61880762
You're autistic, people could easily think you're sharing for sexual reasons and if your boss thinks that it could end badly. She might also think you've got intentions that aren't fully above board and that might make her uncomfortable

Stop being autistic
>>
Nearly everything the dude said could be put down to how we raise kids differently depending on their gender. In saying that, fuck Google and you shouldn't fire him for expressing a different view point.
>>
>>61880955
does that also explain the fact that primates prefer to play with dolls if female and cars if male? probably not
>>
File: Iago.jpg (74KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Iago.jpg
74KB, 1600x900px
recently two of my female collogues left my team, and i'm seriously considering starting a new jobhunt because of that.

from the technical point of view they were average at best, but in terms of stuff like communication, enabling ideas and creativity they were absolutely fucking golden. i'd say while individually their output may not look like much, but they make enormous impact on the teams dynamics / quality of output in the long run.

just because you have a certain skill maxed out, it doesn't mean that the rest of us should play by the rules making that skill the most important, you silly, silly sperg.
>>
File: Karen_profile.jpg (228KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Karen_profile.jpg
228KB, 1920x1080px
>>61873941
Looks like someone can't read academic literature.
>>
>>61880980
you're under the assumption the memo was anti-woman and it wasn't, the entire point was ways to get more women interested in tech
>>
>>61873941
Women are for raising children and nothing more.
>>
>>61880972
sauce?
>>
>>61873941
Maybe you should stop presenting your opinions as someone elses.
>>
>>61881055
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=primates+play+with+dolls+cars
>>
File: 1393790056512.jpg (16KB, 320x290px) Image search: [Google]
1393790056512.jpg
16KB, 320x290px
>>61880952
you are literally describing what discrimination is all about.

I don't want to lend my car to a nigger because he could steal it

She doesn't want to share a space with a male because he could rape her

She wasn't accepted for the job because he thinks she can't code

Can you tell the difference? Protip: there is none
>>
>>61873941

wat. that's not what he said at all you fucking retard
>>
>>61881107
>assuming I meant rape
Jesus Christ anon I just meant she might think you might try to hit on her and she wouldn't be able to really leave
You're comparing something which is primarily driven by socioeconomic status (theft) to someone which is due to heterosexual attraction. In either case you shouldn't work on assumptions based on limited info (you should get to know the nigger first, she should get to know you first). If and only if you don't have time to acquire more info, making decisions based on stereotypes is more valid than anything else

You're being deliberately obtuse or you are actually, unironically genuinely autistic
>>
This is a thinly veiled shill thread. You're trying to discredit him but at the same time appear all reasonable. You guys need to stop falling for this shit.
>>
>>61873941
How old is Damore?
>>
>>61881211
>>
>>61881096
>google

thats pretty cool, but from what i read it says female chimps like to emulate roles they see in the adults. monkey see, monkey do. ergo a lot of it is socially influenced too as well as biological

anyway, whatever, point is google are retarded for encouraging differing opinions then firing a guy for expressing "the wrong opinion"
>>
Women typically love being homemakers / mothers. That's just how evolution worked out.
>>
>>61881242
curious that humans and lower primates all have the same sort of socially encouraged gender roles isn't it? almost as if it's a genetic tendency.
>>
>>61873941
There is no upside to diversity hiring and political group think. At best its a virtue signaling to retards. From a business stand point their is nothing to be gained and will most likely hurt the business.

Real "diversity" comes from the people who apply for the jobs. If more white people are choosing to be code monkeys on average, why the hell should a company care what skin color the best people coming out of universities are dominantly white or whatever.

I hear people say if google kicks out all the talented people for wrong think and skin color, then they will just go make a better company while google "diverse" team of retards burn the company to the ground.
>>
File: gross.jpg (37KB, 321x333px) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
37KB, 321x333px
>>61873941
Well, I was keen but seeing as you started out by misrepresenting his writing I'd rather not thanks.
>>
>>61875603
>That's quite a bit different from saying one gender may be more comfortable around something like child birth.
That wasn't my point though. There are plenty of male doctors who handle childbirthing in hospitals. Even if there wasn't, if men aren't comfortable being around child birth then what is the reason for it? The suggestion that women are just better at handling it because they are women just enforces the idea that there are particular things that women are most often naturally suited for than men, and visa versa.
>>
>>61881262
yeah but lower primates also throw their shit at walls and dont work at google (inb4 diversity == lower primates)

we're not complete slaves to our evolution or there'd be no progress ever. point is, the door should be open for people who want to do whatever job they want.. the problem is when ppl force people through that door and stop others coming in
>>
>>61879951
even if that's true
1) defining the characteristics or women and men skills/habits in a complex environment like google is the work of psychologists, doctors, sociologists, sexologues,..
it can be done by team work because that's a complex task/study
by giving his two cents, he considers himself as above those duties, as better than this. his meta-position is a mark a huge arrogance (for a code monkey)
2) if that was turned well, google and girls would have noticed it and used his work to initiate changes (if needed). the fact the girls reacted negatively to it implies that it was full of chad-tier bullshit

that guy is a lazy guy, and wants to gain money/attention with clash and conflicts, some kind of long nose mikolopoulos
>>
>>61873941
> anti-diversity google guy

First, he isn't anti diversity. He is against the moralizing of diversity. Big difference. You should watch some of the interviews he gave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1vEfqHGro - Molymeme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4WoeOkj2Ng - Bloomberg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPGXkPVw93A - lol Ben Shapiro

http://heavy.com/tech/2017/08/james-damore-google-diversity-memo/
http://archive.is/SW2nU
Heavy Article

Second, his name is James Damore, and if you are going to give him a nickname, you should call him the awesome son of a bitch who dares to speak truth to power.

>>61874275
He has a legal fund going here. Pretty good way to hit back, imo.
https://www.wesearchr.com/bounties/james-damore-official-fundraiser
>>
>>61881472
https://pastebin.com/qmXsEY5a
Almost forgot to share the memo which isn't in this thread yet I guess.
>>
>>61881398
He voiced his concerns about something he considered discrimination. The memo was uncalled and a bold move, but let's not kid ourselfes and pretend HR would have listened to him if he had gone the right way and filed a complaint. The people in charge of diversity would have ignored him.

So I believe the memo wasn't arrogant. Arrogant were the self-righteous and condescending responses that attacked him and pretended to refute what he said by not refuting anything at all. Like that one guy in his medium blog post.
>>
>>61881262
>animals socially encouraged in the same way adopt the same rules
I know, it's mindbending
>>
>>61881342
>the door should be open for people who want to do whatever job they want
i've never said anything to the contrary, nor has the author of the memo
>>
>>61873941
This reminds me of PewDiePie, sometimes its best to keep your mouth shut
>>
>>61873941
>anti-diversity
seems like you read more news articles about his memo than you read the memo.
He wasn't anti-diversity, he merely suggested that there could be better ways to implement it.

He argued that given the biological differences in sexes, there might not be a 50/50 split of men and women for every job and instead of lowering the bar to find qualified people amongst because they have the right gender or race, instead try to shape the company in a way that allowed for more diversity(more emphasis on groupwork rather than drain people with deadlines)
>The girls who do this sort of thing are like 1 in a million.
not even close, look at statistics for graduated women in CE/EE or even the more women heavy CS.

>pushed into being homemakers.
He didn't say anything about that and it is not something you can say that is general about women.
Sure more women find it interesting to decorate a room, but cooking is viewed as degrading when women do it so a lot of women don't even know how to cook.

>plastered it all over the workplace
No he didn't.
It was spread by the professionally outraged.
>>
>>61875867
Try to get one, or better yet try to get into harvard
>>
>>61881398
>psychologists, doctors, sociologists, sexologues
Some psychologists do research in this, and from reading his document, it seems like he has been listening to jordan peterson a lot.
Doctors usually treat illness or investigate how to treat illness, wrong catagory
sociologists and sexologues are meme degrees and nobody takes them seriously, but I guess it would be better to talk to them than the politicians they currently talk to.
Also why did you list sexologues before anthropologists?

>the fact the girls reacted negatively to it implies that it was full of chad-tier bullshit
kek
>>
>suggestions
>Stop alienating conservatives. Viewpoint diversity is arguably the most important type of diversity and political orientation is one of the most fundamental and significant ways in which people view things differently.
>Confront Google’s biases. I’ve mostly concentrated on how our biases cloud our thinking about diversity and inclusion, but our moral biases are farther reaching than that.

then they just fucking fire him lol. you can't make this shit up. like pottery
>>
>>61882442
It's funny that, when asked what are the advantages of diversity, the only thing they cite (not unreasonably) is the advantage of having a variety of viewpoints, backgrounds and outlooks. Then a different viewpoint comes along and they go so mental that they call in sick.
>>
File: 1391369569219.jpg (144KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1391369569219.jpg
144KB, 640x853px
>>61882482
You can have a different view point, as long as it's the same as mine
:^)
>>
>>61881923
i know
>>
>>61882365
I can't I'm a non-rich white.
>>
>>61873941
>I also want to mention that a lot of women are for the most part pushed into being homemakers.
Not so. You here less about women climbing corporate ladder (still hear about pay gap but I don't give this time - it's debunked) most have come to realization it's not what they want to do. Some would rather live a traditional life and be the homemaker. Also, thye only scream about equity in the 'desirable' positions. why aren't they clamoring to become a senior coal miner, captain of Bering Sea boat, Welding lead, Foreman. Oh yeah, those aren't cushy office positions.
>>
>>61878486
free.fr and NOPE.jpg
fuck google.
>>
>>61875096
As if you have never heard of a settlement
>>
>>61873994
>who shares his beliefs and opinions to his colleagues at work hours in workplace.
Leftists do this all the time.
>>
>>61873941
>he thinks women aren't suited for this line of work and that men are far better at tech
He said the exact opposite. Although the thing you said is factually correct.

>
I also want to mention that a lot of women are for the most part pushed into being homemakers.
No, If you had been to any university you would realize the opposite is true, there is a gigantic push for women in tech, but it is failing for various reason. Among them is that women want to have families and children.

>n the US, women don't get to do much of anything that didn't involve cooking, cleaning, and tending to the kids.
Wrong, you idiot. Women are a MAJOR part of the work force in the US.

>He didn't really prove his point in the interviews
He already provided evidence (which was reviewed by experts in the field and found to represent to be adequate) his claims are proven as good as anything in science has EVER been proven.

> So he plastered it all over the workplace
he send it to ONE person, in hope for feedback.
>>
>>61877196
You seriously need to take an honest look at yourself.

This is embarrassing, muh people I don't agree with are automatically wrong, muh I don't have the intellect to make arguments so I resort to name calling.

And you people are surprised that Trump gets voted in? Because half the population is ignored and all their views are being discarded instantly by people like you.
>>
>>61886164
Leftist propaganda passes as causal watercooler talk. A chance to regurgitate what Seth Meyers said the night before.
>>
>>61881398
>defining the characteristics or women and men skills/habits in a complex environment like google is the work of psychologists, doctors, sociologists, sexologues,..
>it can be done by team work because that's a complex task/study
>by giving his two cents, he considers himself as above those duties, as better than this. his meta-position is a mark a huge arrogance (for a code monkey)
But his work was found to be correct by multiple experts in the field. He also never published it, he ONLY asked for feedback about it.

>if that was turned well, google and girls would have noticed it and used his work to initiate changes (if needed). the fact the girls reacted negatively to it implies that it was full of chad-tier bullshit
No, acting on this would imply that everything google did in the last years was wrong. Thats why they couldn't accept this, they would have had to admit that they are an echo chamber and fundamentally against any kind of "diversity of thought" thats why he got fired.
>>
>>61881923
PewDiePie is still thriving you nimwit. Newspapers had to back down because he started telling his absolutely massive amount of viewers how to reach their advertisers.

He is living proof you can beat these people, because he did.
>>
>>61886479
for
>>61882081
>>
>>61873969
Julian Assange offered him a job at wikileaks, so he has that at the very least.
>>
>tfw Alone warned us about Google a decade ago
http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2007/10/what_hath_google_wrought.html
>>
>>61876709
https://diversitymemo.com/
i work at jewgle so i know this is the originoli text
>>
File: 404px-Hipster_antifa.jpg (39KB, 404x599px) Image search: [Google]
404px-Hipster_antifa.jpg
39KB, 404x599px
>>61886733
if you do then leak us more some of your diversity internal bs. screenshot something nice, make sure you don't get caught.
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.