[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Make six figures >Notice all he projects I get at work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

>Make six figures
>Notice all he projects I get at work are probably something others wouldn't want to do
>I still have good projects or a good job
>But feel the quality is lower than others and what they have on their plates
>Would you actually care about this or would you just collect your paycheck study on the side and don't focus that you are the engineer who gets the projects no one wants.,..
>>
This is the type of projects I work on
They are good to learn but not really something that I am interested in......

I don't manage the access layer as that would be the clients/user end
>>
File: z4fwO.png (125KB, 1048x737px) Image search: [Google]
z4fwO.png
125KB, 1048x737px
>>61868055
>>
>>61868076
>>
plzhelp....
>>
>>61867971
I walked into my current job, told the owner the product was headed to shitsville, showed him what it could be and now I'm about 60% done with a ground up rewrite. Work on what you want to work on or find another job.
>>
>>61869011
They give me projects and designs

The shit I am getting is interesting but it is not what I want to do......
>>
>>61869034
Then find another job. Jobs aren't hard to get.
>>
>>61869138
Yea, I actually get called for interviews often

I'm worried about leaving this company though, I have only been here 7 months

>The issue is this company is one of the biggest nationally recognized companies
>We are growing
>We have bought out other companies in the past few years and merged with them or taken over their ops and still employee their people
>I am one of the engineers who is in that new stage but gets the work like managing 200 networks at the most
>While others get to manage 500+ up to 2000 networks and design a solution for those networks

I only work on 200 at the most :(

I also investigate new solutions for the company, a company comes to us and says they have a product we might be able to use

I spend time testing the solution, documenting it and presenting it to sales
>>
File: 1489891135033.jpg (17KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
1489891135033.jpg
17KB, 361x361px
>>61869169
It doesn't matter. If you don't want to do something, don't do it. It sounds like you aren't satisfied with your current job, since you're posting this on an anime website.

What's the point of doing this? You only have one life to live and if you spend your time wasting it, you're only going to regret it later.
>>
>>61869210
Hierarchy of needs aren't being met.

>I'm a lonely businessman
>No friends
>Live in a different state
>Can't find friends locally
>Have a good job
>Pay is amazing
>Live alone
>Constant shitpost and looking for advice.....
>>
>>61869169
Also, let the company find someone else who will actually love the job. They'll be a much better fit for the position.
>>
>>61869233
S-should I be happy with managing my lowly number of 200 networks meanwhile others get to get all the best projects and clients?
>>
File: 1497206273646.jpg (320KB, 852x904px) Image search: [Google]
1497206273646.jpg
320KB, 852x904px
>>61869250
>S-should I be happy with managing my lowly number of 200 networks meanwhile others get to get all the best projects and clients?

I don't know anon. The question isn't should you be happy, it's are you happy?

What do you want? If you don't know, you need to do some research on that. Find your passion. Find something related to your field that you'd find more enjoyable.

Tell your boss that you aren't happy with your work. Tell him what you'd rather be doing. Bring up that you find other projects more interesting. Maybe that'll trigger a lateral move or something.
>>
The job is great

I'm not happy for other reasons

Live alone, no friends
No gf
How could a man who makes over six figures be happy in life when all you have is money?

I have also decided to stop wasting time, I am buying a new car :)
>>
>>61869169
if you are so big and growing surely you can ask for something else better suited to you?
>>
>>61869456
That work goes to other engineers....
>>
>>61867971

Interesting work usually comes in one of three ways:

> You tell your manager what you think interesting work is and ask if he's got any work like that which you could do.

> You come up with an idea of something you find interesting that a team-creation decision making authority would care about as well. You create, surreptitiously, using at most 8 hrs/wk, a minimum example of it which can show the concept's outline where it does a useful or interesting thing. You tell the authority, once its done, your pitch, preferably as publicly as possible without pissing off your manager. In any case, after demoing, you tell them you want to expand it, give 3 ways in which your demo could be expanded and listen. If very positive, you can ask to roll off your team at some milestone of your manager's choosing, to start spearheading the effort indepently, perhaps with a second dev you truly trust to ensure code review is possible. After a few months, come up with 3 new target deliverables, say what happened with old milestones, and pitch the idea that if other developers were brought on, you could manage continued development of the tool you created and achieve $STUFF. If they say yes, you now are roughly your own boss and are by definition doing as interesting work as your problem space allows. You also should ask for more money and an official promotion if you do this, as you'd now be developing independently or running a team.

> You get a new job and negotiate starting on interesting work.
>>
>>61867971
Dumb newfag frogposter can't into greentext. What a surprise.
>>
>>61869523
The responses I expected from this thread but only got one

:)
>>
>>61869230
>Hierarchy of needs
what jewish book you pull that one from? you know they're just egyptian magicians, right?
>>
File: Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs.jpg (614KB, 1500x1159px) Image search: [Google]
Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs.jpg
614KB, 1500x1159px
>>61869652
Na, it is real science

It basically says if your goal in life is simple shit like making money, having a home, and eating you are not following the guide correctly

The best people in society have a family, maybe some friends, and jobs come second to who you are as a person...

I have switched jobs before to make more money, it doesn't make me happy

>No friends
>No gf
>Even nerds in the office don't want to talk to me
>I'm not geeky enough to hang out with nerds even
>>
>>61869830
>pseudo make believe science
>real science
top kek
>>
>>61869841
Tell me why I want to kill myself even though I make over six figures

I-i should be happy I have an amazing career, right?

How does that work, be lonely for ever but have a house, money, cars and a motorcuycle?

i should be happy right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>61869496

This guy is the only correct guy in the thread. OP ain't getting jack shit till he asks for it.
>>
>>61869854
You're rich on the outside but poor inside.
No one to share your time/resources with.
That sucks m8, shit just feels empty
>>
File: 1475816866063.jpg (55KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1475816866063.jpg
55KB, 395x401px
>>61869980
>>
>>61870330
Yea. I'm pretty miserable and than I also get shirty projects only terminating bgp, working with firewalls etc... and doing RE studies and investigate new solutions.. I should be happy but I'm kinda miserable
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.