[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop being fanboys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (42KB, 651x351px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
42KB, 651x351px
AMD and Intel are duopoly of x86_64 patents. AMD and NVIDIA are duopoly of desktop GPU patents.

Stop being tools and hate and love all of them equally.
>>
Truth. Im so tired of the fucking fanboy wars on here. Same for the browser wars. Who gives a fuck what your fap machine uses, as long as you use it.
>>
>>61864367
this
>>
>>61864367
>>61865484
>fanboy wars

Strange, I don't see pro-Intel posts here on /g/

Just anti-Intel and pro-AMD posts bordering on shilling
>>
>>61864367
We need a non-American brand for consumers. But everyone is too cucked by the duopolies now.
>>
>>61864367
>Stop being tools and hate and love all of them equally.

I'll settle with hate, thank you.
>>
>>61864367
>GPU patents
...what?
There isn't anything like GPU instruction code or anything. It's just not profitable to anyone else (beside intel and their shitty iGPUs) to manufacture any custom silicon. Matrox, s3, and so on just couldn't compete.

>>61865728
>anti-Intel and pro-AMD posts
you haven't been there long enough then
>>
This board is trash in case you haven't realized. It's just shills and fanboys arguing with shills and fanboys. AMD fanboys are pretty bad right now, but then there's also Windows vs. Mac vs. Linux vs. BSD threads which are just as insufferable, also programming language wars which has to be up there with the most boring wars on 4chan.
>>
>>61864367
Amazing how AMD manages to be a double duopoly as soon as they're even remotely competitive.
>>
>>61867285
It's not so much about how competitive they are, but how many patents they hold. To make an x86-64 CPU you need to license tech from both AMD and Intel, if either one denies you you're fucked. GPU patents are fucked as well, it's why Intel has to license tech from Nvidia for their iGPU's.
>>
>>61865781
Enjoy that Rockchip ARM anon.
>>
>>61867358
>it's why Intel has to license tech from Nvidia for their iGPU's.
Did, the contract ran out last year.
Intel licensed from AMD this time for a huge sum.

It's pretty much clear that nvidia told Intel the price they'd settle on was an x86 license and Intel flat out won't ever let that happen
>>
>>61864367
That's what the patent system encourages. It's naturally anti-competitive and stop competition, which is what it was intended to do
>>
>>61865728
"Strange, I don't see pro-Intel posts here on /g/"
Were you on this board at all prior to March of this year? Before then that's all you ever saw
>>
>>61867459
If AMD doesn't license the x86-64 patent to nvidia, what could nvidia do with only x86?
>>
>>61865728
>I don't see pro-Intel posts here
SUMMER

Lurk moar faggot
>>
>>61865728
Most of the "pro-Intel" posts are just "AMD sucks poozen pajeet lol" repeated 10,000 times. The rest are pointing out specific instances where Intel's highest end CPU (7700K) perform better (CPU bottlenecked gaming) and claiming Ryzen is 100% total shit because it can't do that one thing as well.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.